Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think it was the fault of my old computer, as I tried it on my laptop and it
    updated easily in about half an hour.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Thankfully I have just installed a nice new keyboard for my PC with no sticky space bar! Oh, the relief! :D -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Curry's have a 50" for £269 ;)

Heard a great radio comedy on BBC radio 4 " Dot" set in WW2, about the " Girls" in the war office.
    Although it's a contemporary comedy, everyone speaks in the clipped upperclass accents of the
    Old war movies. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I like Curry - getting hungry now :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Curry, another great think that didn't come from Europe ! :)) :p
    Best not to ask too many questions, on that Stag ;)

The comedy , I caught it on the BBC radio player, as you can download not listen
    To all the comedy or drama shows.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Thankfully I have just installed a nice new keyboard for my PC with no sticky space bar! Oh, the relief! :D -{

Sticky space bar? Relief? Computer? Prey tell just what have you been up to on the internet?! :007)

Yeah, that doesn't read well, does it? :))

It was jam and breadcrumbs from toast i]honest[/i. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    After looking at various locations, Aston Martin have settled on Wales for their new factory: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/24/james-bond-carmarker-aston-martin-to-open-wales-factory-for-dbx-model
    They got a welcome in the hillside, then. :)
    I got a great laugh today. A radio station as an experiment sent a researcher to
    ten different, mediums, fortune tellers etc ........ and strangley she got 10 completely
    different " readings" :))
    I remember Pen and Teller did a similar test years ago with three Feng Shui experts.
    ( as they should all set up the rooms all the same ) and , you guesed it, they had three
    completely different rooms. :D
    Listening to bbc radio 4 this morning. There was a very interesting segment on the Media in Russia.
    It's state run so follows Putin's propaganda. Western journalists are followed, and later on Putin
    controlled news, stories ( full of inaccuracies ) about what they're up to gets broadcast !
    Sounds very like the old commie days. :D The West, not Putin is blamed for all the problems in
    Russia.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Was in Ikea the other day and noticed a huge poster occupying an entire wall in the food section explaining why all of their salmon is sourced in Norway (and then sauced in Sweden for serving...sorry, couldn't resist that!). Any way, just wondered if Number 24 had anything to do with that? I can just picture him sitting around a huge table with Blofeld at the end in shadow:

Blofeld: Number 24.
    N24: We can report record profits after succeeding in getting Ikea to switch to Norwegian salmon.
    Blofeld: Very good, Number 24. Number 25?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Yes, I control all the salmon sales from Norway :v
    I knew it!
    edited February 2016
    But did you know Number25 is a Swede who has complete control over the meatballs market? He is one of the most hated SPECTRE members, mostly because he serves surstrømming at our meetings:

Surstromming.jpg
    double post ;%
    I'm actually not a member of SPECTRE any more and the current Number 25 arrived after my departure, so no, I didn't know that. Number 25 in my day was from Northern Ireland and had cornered the world supply of deep-fried Mars Bars. I heard that Blofeld kicked him for having a 'lack of taste' and that he now runs a bar somewhere called "The Silencer and Bra Strap." Likely just silly rumour, though.
    I can neither confirm nor deny the owner of The Silencer and Bra Strap is in SPECTRE ....
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    ... Nor that the meatballs he controls, and serves in the S&BS, are in fact made from...

*phht* [sound of a silenced Walther PPK ] :v
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    ... Nor that the meatballs he controls, and serves in the S&BS, are in fact made from...

*phht* [sound of a silenced Walther PPK ] :v

:007)
    If you now control Norwegian fish sales, does that
    make you ............. The Cod-Father ! ;%
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Number 24: Have you tried surstrømming?
    I am told that the smell is quite similar to that on the SBS after danjaq_off had a session :s
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    I am told that the smell is quite similar to that on the SBS after danjaq_off had a session :s

I tried bottling that smell, but the glass kept breaking.
    Did your eyes stop watering, long enough to see the bottle ? :D
    Higgins wrote:

I tried bottling that smell, but the glass kept breaking.

I have never tasted it. Here in Norway we don't have weird food :D
    Watching my dog, playing with a small rubber squeaky pig toy, It's freaking
    hilarious :))
    Watching the clips of the Oscars, I have to say well done Chris Rock, very funny
    and very topical. {[]
    On local news a Priest has been caught taking cocaine and in his house was some
    Nazi paraphernalia ! :o Couldn't hepl thinking of the episode of Father Ted, where he
    ended up with a houseful of nazi stuff, just as he was trying to prove he wasn't a racist. :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    After Monday ( a nice day) I thought at last winter has broken ,roll on spring /summer , well yesterday I went to visit my dad ,he is in a home now . It started snowing, im out in the middle of no where in Norfolk ,driving down a country lane with mum and Mrs AS, in the Beemer , I hit a patch of mud covered in snow ,and well, the car went into a 360 , luckily I was able to correct the spin and carry on ,but hairy for mum and Mrs AS, any way (I wasn't going fast honest) you may recall me being done for 34 in a 30 ,so I was poodling along . Well today the suns out ,got out of bed at 7_15 and took me dawg ,over the park. Armed with half a stale loaf, off to see the ducks ,there is a big variety of water fowl in the lake ,moorhens, coots, mallards, mandarins, Canada geese ,Aylesburys, and of course the majestic swans . A good breakfast had by all , a lot of squabbling over the tossed crusts ,but all got a equal share (I hope) 8-) . A very simple pleasure ,feeding the ducks ,(I think it must be a British thing ),
    lets hope that today is the start of the warmer weather .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?