Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It is indeed. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,846MI6 Agent
    After the drop in the oil price, being the finance minister of Norway is no longer easy. This is finance minister Siv Jensen prior to the budget negotiations earlier this week , dressed in full ice hockey protective gear (Yes, really) :))

_u43g6eq3Nu9J1EbkYnXEACQYb8sBMoYVr8AZzlqzmsA
    I have a quirky player, you have to press fown on the top of the drawer, as it
    ejects, if you haven't tried that.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    My usual jaunt up the woods each morning with the fleabag
    P1040314.jpg(ere im not a flea bag daddy) the woods are breaking into the long awaited and much welcomed spring .Trees and shrubs that seeme dead only a few days ago ,have the tiny buds of new life breaking through ,soon all the mud will be gone ,the woods will be a magical carpet of blue bells ,there are a few wild cherry trees ,due to birds depositing stones from the once thriving Kent orchards ,are due to flower .The yellow gorse (as seen in Goldfinger golf course has broken out into its vibrant yellow . the ferns will soon be 1 meter high .The squirrels have appeared ,searching for last years stashed booty .The sound of wood peckers sending out their morse code echoes through out the woods . Flocks of lime green parrots fight over nest sites (no one knows where or how they got here ??) but they look nice . Roll on summer :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,353MI6 Agent
    Lovely description AS, seasons are something I miss here.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Just after watching an advert for some sort of Nocorette spray ( to quit smoking) it
    Has a finishing tag line about how using it has a 150% success rate ? ....... This must
    Fail the advertising rules as it's boll*cks. :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just after watching an advert for some sort of Nocorette spray ( to quit smoking) it
    Has a finishing tag line about how using it has a 150% success rate ? ....... This must
    Fail the advertising rules as it's boll*cks. :D

well ,that's a good point TP ,perhaps ,they got all the smokers to quit and got half of the non smokers to promise that they would never smoke 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    If you're sticking with DVD ( rather than Bluray ) the players are so cheap these days.
    When setting up my man cave, I bought a great little Sony Bluray player, with WiFi connection.
    For I think only £75, and the quality of the picture is amazing. So might be an idea, to go for an
    Upgrade to the newer technology ?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,519Chief of Staff
    Yes, I agree- did that last year and have been very pleased.
    Even the quality of the image on Netflix is Bluray standard.
    :))
    They do play DVDs ( infact upscale to a better picture )
    No such thing as a poor pensioner. :p
    Apart from Bond, I'm still happy with DVDs I only buy Bluray when on special offer or
    a three for two promotion. I'm more a digital downloader. Recently got series 1,2,3 of
    Sherlock at a great price from Google play movies. :D I'm a big fan of the new technology.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,697Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    I've got a DVD player, a Sony. I almost bought a bluray player but the space I have for the thing is very limited & the footprint was too large. I also managed to salvage the stuck disc from the old machine.

I bought a Sony Bluray player last month - my old one needed an update and you could only do it by downloading it onto a disc and I couldn't be bothered...this new one is tiny by comparison and its wifi and 4K and 3D enabled...I'm sure it would have been small enough to fit into the space you have, stag.
    YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,697Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    stag wrote:
    I've got a DVD player, a Sony. I almost bought a bluray player but the space I have for the thing is very limited & the footprint was too large. I also managed to salvage the stuck disc from the old machine.

I bought a Sony Bluray player last month - my old one needed an update and you could only do it by downloading it onto a disc and I couldn't be bothered...this new one is tiny by comparison and its wifi and 4K and 3D enabled...I'm sure it would have been small enough to fit into the space you have, stag.

It sounds like it. The one I saw was quite large, certainly too big to fit on the ledge where it needs to live. Footprint wise the player I bought it not much larger than a tablet computer.

Yes...my new one is exactly the same - I was quite surprised by that !
    YNWA 97
    As he's such a fan of the Nazi's they should keep him in the conditions
    of the concentration camps ! He can hardly complain about that. :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I agree.

The one who cold-blooded killed over 80 people (some of them with eye-contact) complains now about his human rights.

I'd lock him up together with some really hard guys in the same cell X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    ". lock him up together with some really hard guys in the same cell" ?
    That sounds like the plot to a naughty short film, I saw on that internet thingy. :))
    stag wrote:
    This cretin should never see the light of day. Obviously seriously deranged both then & now, this is just another attempt to hog the limelight. I wonder if he has ever had any thoughts for the human rights of his victims which he so brutally violated.

I agree. but we are better than him, so he has the right to a trail and to live under the rule of law.
    Some of his complaints are bizzare. Among other things he claims "Fjordland" ready-to-eat meals are "worse than waterboarding"

0739.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I know the food in my local hospital is worse then waterboarding!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    But I think ABB gets far too much press anyway, so look at this: Baghdad looked like a thousand years ago:

3367.jpg?w=860&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e7c58430dddb581b29f9e6e814e8bb50

Oslo didn't look like much a few hundred years later:

Oslo_middelalderen.jpg
    https://youtu.be/eirq4laOhcU
    Ireland a thousand years ago. :))
    All of Irish history explained :))
    https://youtu.be/kHmYIo7bcUw
    latest Donald Trump rally........ :))
    stag wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    stag wrote:
    This cretin should never see the light of day. Obviously seriously deranged both then & now, this is just another attempt to hog the limelight. I wonder if he has ever had any thoughts for the human rights of his victims which he so brutally violated.

I agree. but we are better than him, so he has the right to a trail and to live under the rule of law.
    Some of his complaints are bizzare. Among other things he claims "Fjordland" ready-to-eat meals are "worse than waterboarding"

0739.jpg

He's been tried & he's been found guilty. This & anything else he chooses to do is merely showboating. Somewhere in that warped mind of his he believes himself to be the poster boy for neo Nazis. This & the fact that something in his psyche leaves him craving attention means that he shouldn't be afforded it.

I've no sympathy nor patience for him, let him rot in hell. My sympathy lies squarely with his victims & their families.

I'd like to know who is footing the bill for this lawsuit? Him or the Norwegian public.

While I despice him like most people, I have to be fair. Some of his complaints are petty and/or ludicrous. But he has endured hundreds of cavity searches, sometimes even though no-one outside the prison staff has been near him since the last time. The only one he has met and had physical contact with since he went to prison (other than people who are paid to be around him: guards, lawyers etc) was his mother one time before she died. For long periods he was waked up many times each night as a part of suicide watch. I don't feel sorry for him, but we must show him and everyone the system works. Some countries gave up the rulke of law and their values after terrorists hit them, and I think that's a huge mistake.
    What you call a "cavity search ", could infact be a "Prostate exam " with the prison
    service, simply taking good care of his medical needs. ;) I applaud the Norwegian
    Prison service for this forward thinking, progressive measure.
    Call me an old traditionalist but a drop from a rope, would end many of his complaints. ;)
    In cases where there is no doubt then I don't have a problem with
    the death penalty, with all organs then used for transplants.
    So Norwegian society should change completely - start with capital punicment, be responisble for torture etc because of one terrorist?
    Are our values, laws and society really that weak? I don't feel sorry for him. I think his prison sentence should continue more or less the way it does now for the rest of his natural life. But I believe he should have the right to this trial and be judge by the same laws as everyone else.