Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Maybe they where warned about he colour of my trainers :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I think my step father was tricked by cops in Gran Canaria , of course they pocketed the fine (if they can't write you the fine , refuse it)

Thai cops are prolly crooked , too. Also always agree on the price with thai taxis before driving , never use the meter.
    Just came across with this:

Can you draw a bicycle?

image.jpg

image.jpg

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35437979/Velocipedia

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Hi guys , some of you may remember my speeding ticket saga (34 in a 30) on the way to visit my dad in Norfolk ,who had a massive stroke ,well I sorry to say that my poor old dad sadly died on Thursday night , I was with him at the end ,I had a mad dash from home to his care home to get to him ,but we made it ,and he didn't die alone but in the words of Edward Woodward ,you dammed if you do and dammed if you don't , I had to watch him die ,im now dammed ,and if I missed his death I would be dammed you cant win ,but in the final moment he went quietly ,and he is now not in any more pain ,love you dad xx
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Terrible news AS, I can only hope through family and friends you
    can find some comfort.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    So sorry to hear that, AS. I've been there too with my father's death although I was not present at the exact minute he passed on, merely having seen him earlier that day in the hospital. My heart goes out to you. Feel free to PM me any time you need someone to talk to. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Sad news, AS, my feelings are with you.
    May he rest in peace

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Our thoughts are with you, AS. :)
    On a lighter note, the truth about Donald Trump's tupe can now be told! They are grown on a field on Kvaløya near Tromsø, Norway.
    Here is the evidence: (the photo has not been changed digitally or in any other way)

original.jpg
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    Condolences on your loss, AS, hold tight to your memories for comfort.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Very sorry AS for your loss. So glad you got to be with him.

Take it easy buddy!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Hi guys , some of you may remember my speeding ticket saga (34 in a 30) on the way to visit my dad in Norfolk ,who had a massive stroke ,well I sorry to say that my poor old dad sadly died on Thursday night , I was with him at the end ,I had a mad dash from home to his care home to get to him ,but we made it ,and he didn't die alone but in the words of Edward Woodward ,you dammed if you do and dammed if you don't , I had to watch him die ,im now dammed ,and if I missed his death I would be dammed you cant win ,but in the final moment he went quietly ,and he is now not in any more pain ,love you dad xx
    My Dad died last year, and my mad dash ended with me missing his passing. He left this mortal coil with strangers (albeit sweet & very caring ones). I wish I'd made it like you did, but yeah either way, good byes not good.
    All my sympathy bro. :x
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Thanks guys you are the best :) it is sad ,but im very happy for him ,there is me ,im here my son,and my sons son ,so dad is here in a genetic way ,so he has not completely gone :)
    I really don't know how I would cope when my father dies. He is such a central figure in my life who I have always looked up to. Naturally most people feel the same, and I hope As finds some comfort in the support he gets.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    there is me ,im here my son,and my sons son ,so dad is here in a genetic way ,so he has not completely gone :)
    Yes, that's true, and a comfort to think about.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I didn't know where else to put this. Been searching the forum for over an hour and can't find the right topic. So I'll drop it here. If you watch the WWE I think us Bond fans will enjoy Cesaros' new entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wZrdhVkmU
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Thanks Stag, it hasn't been too bad ,well not as bad as one may expect .Its the driving back and forth from Kent to Norfolk ,that's the pain,having to negotiate the worlds biggest car park (M25) is the worst . But now everything is sorted all organised ,planned and paid for ,we just have to turn up on the day now to lay him to rest .
    Remember you have friends :)
    Many thanks to all for all of your very kind comments ,and the best bit none of you know me from Adam ,we could all be sitting next to each other in some airport departure lounge and we would never know . But as Monty Python used to say "now for something completely different " ive just returned from taking her highness (the dog) over the woods they are on the other side of the road ,so not far to go :) The bluebells and white bells are out in force ,the goddess of spring has rolled up her sleeves and given the god of winter an almighty shove ,spring is here, every tree /bush is in full leaf.Wild cherry trees are in full blossom ,you cant beat an English woodland in full flight ,my most hated plant the bramble ,is taking over like some invading alien ,its every where ,but very handy in the later months to walk over the woods ,and pick a bowl full ,for my wifes legendry apple and blackberry crumble with custard :D One can now only wait for summers bounty to arrive.
    True, we are friends who have never met :))
    But I don't know about the spring. We thought at had arrived, changing the tyres into summer tyres etc. But for the last couple of days it has been snowing all the way down to sea level. it's a shame, really. The snowdops (the flowers, not the weather phenomenon) were already out and I spent some time on the veranda veranda last weekend.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    Many thanks to all for all of your very kind comments ,and the best bit none of you know me from Adam ,we could all be sitting next to each other in some airport departure lounge and we would never know.

I had never belonged to a forum before I joined AJB and I did so with some trepidation to be honest. But it has been a revelation for me to communicate with people who I will never meet but at the same time who feel like friends down at the club.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Many thanks to all for all of your very kind comments ,and the best bit none of you know me from Adam ,we could all be sitting next to each other in some airport departure lounge and we would never know.

I had never belonged to a forum before I joined AJB and I did so with some trepidation to be honest. But it has been a revelation for me to communicate with people who I will never meet but at the same time who feel like friends down at the club.

It is weird.

I've been here for 12 years ( :o ) and whilst posters come and go, some like Sir Miles, Hardyboy and Napoleon Plural have been here all that time and we have had regular communication but never met.

As AS said, we could be standing next to each other in a queue and never know!
    Is this the most stylish/expensive factory cantine in the world?

Freias-kantine.jpg

Yes, that's original Edward Munch paintings on all the walls :o

FS00025846.jpg?updated=300420121345

This is the Freia chocolate factory canteen in Oslo. Remember the paintings were commissioned from the painter before his work became outlandishly expensive, but still. Perhaps this room could be used in a Bond film, but not as a canteen?

BTW: One of my mother's neighbours when she grew up was Edward Munch's niece. The woman was Munch's closest surviving relative and his original paintings were hanging all over the house. Now they would probably be worth a very large fortune. The woman sold some of the paintings to send her children to university in Paris. My mother remembers walking around in the house looking at the paintings that were only secured by the front door being locked at night. :007)
    Lady Rose wrote:

It is weird.

I've been here for 12 years ( :o ) and whilst posters come and go, some like Sir Miles, Hardyboy and Napoleon Plural have been here all that time and we have had regular communication but never met.

Speaking from personal experience I can assure you that one of the last things in life is to meet Sir Miles in person :D

I'm easily spotted. Usually there will be a few fainting girls, men gazing in
    Open admiration, the local crims backing away, that general sort of thing. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Much like myself tp!
    Those fainting girls get tiresome after you've stepped over the first couple of dozen or so I find.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood

I've been told that you are mainly surrounded by your own-made fart-cloud :v

:))
    What do you think causes the girls to faint, the Crims to keep away, and for
    Blokes to give me a look of admiration ? I tick all the boxes. :D
    Now everything makes sense :D - particularly the last detail :))

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

It is weird.

Speaking from personal experience I can assure you that one of the last things in life is to meet Sir Miles in person :D

Indeed - once you've seen what a fine figure of a man I am it's difficult for you mere mortals to live with that knowledge :))

Tell Mrs Higgins I said "hi" :x :p
    YNWA 97