Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perhaps Trump on the Swedish thing was simply him mixing up
    ISIS with IKEA ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    This is a bit random ,but question ,

why is it every time there is a picture/image/film of an alien ,they are always naked ,???
    don't they have clothes ? 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I thik it's because they use earth as a Dogging site ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Perhaps Trump on the Swedish thing was simply him mixing up
    ISIS with IKEA ? ;)

It's amazing that the man with access to the most sophisticated intelligence infos relies preferrably on TV shows.

The amount that he watches tv makes me wonder how much time he really spends on his day job.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    VP Pence meeting EU president Tusk in Brussels. Can you find the mistake? (note that the photo isn't posted on the political jokes thread)

74035400e8dcebe736c8ff53f699af13?t%5B0%5D=crop%3Awidth%3D4688%2Cheight%3D3324%2Cx%3D0%2Cy%3D0&t%5B1%5D=maxSize%3Awidth%3D990%2Cheight%3D0&t%5B2%5D=resize%3Awidth%3D990&accessToken=470f9db75a7ee66fe0831d15543a98de7c4deac66e600ed6617aa0695060fd17
    From Karasjok, a Sami town to the far north of Norway:

67263597.jpg?imageId=67263597&width=1024&height=615

An unusual surfing photo from Lofoten, same country:

ad_229147990.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=819&strip=all
    Green smoke at night ...... Someone's burning trainers ;)
    That's correct of cource, but can you spot the gaffe in the photo of Pence and Tusk? :v
    One Too many stars on the US flag ?
    51 stars for Thunderpussy :007)
    Unless Prez Trump has made another state and not told us ! :p

Although there are only 46 states in america as ...
    Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Virginia are
    commonwealths ;)
    They are now printing T-Shirts

"I've survived last night in Sweden"

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't think objects of substatial hisctorical importance should be burned, even if it's from the darkest parts of history. One wouldn't burn the whip of a slave owner or the slave barracks from a plantation now, would we?It speaks about the past, no matter how horrible it was.

Have to agree with this - history must not be obliterated otherwise lessons cannot be learned.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited February 2017
    Higgins wrote:
    They are now printing T-Shirts

"I've survived last night in Sweden"

I know many of us are laughing at Trump's statement, so I'll commandoes ment on that and his later statements and no particular post or members here (although I reply to Higgins post for context)
    While Trump's statement was inept and clumsy, he has a point. If he had waited to speak of "last night in Sweden" till tomorrow fewer would have been confused. Tonight there were riots in a suburb of Stockholm almost completely dominanted by immigrants. Rocks were thrown at the police and cars set on fire. This sort of thing is not uncommon in Sweden. The country has twice the population of Norway, but four times the number of murders. Still no more than the UK murder rate, but high for a Nordic country. The Swedes have been very generous towards refugees out of the kindness of their hearts. Most immigranter are more or less integrated, but there are many suburbs around the cities that are so-called no-go areas. Many in the neighbouring countries feel the Swedish have lost control and much of their media is tied up by misunderstood political correctnes. I hope you don't see this post as rasist or pro-Trump, but I feel I have to write this to give you a better picture of the situation.
    edited February 2017
    Firstly, we should not mix up refugees with migrants.
    It seems that the criminality rate traditionally is higher in Sweden than in Norway - even before Sweden took refugees in the recent years.
    The higher criminality rate in Sweden may be explained by many factors, including the fact that Sweden has more and much bigger cities compared to Norway and Finland. So I'd be careful explaining this with migrants/refugees. Often it's not that easy and we are rightly criticizing Trump for giving "easy" and inaccurate replies.

Aftonbladet gave a detailed response to the in many parts incorrect and biased FOX News report:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/g26Lk/after-trumps-last-night-in-sweden-here-are-the-errors-in-fox-news

They even commented on 2 points, that you've chosen

"There are no-go zones in vulnerable suburbs where the police don’t want to enter because it’s “too dangerous”"

"The maximum sum per month is 2.201 Swedish kronor (250 US dollars)."

This all would belong into a political thread which is systematically boycotted by the mods - unfortunately.

• Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    With Hitler's phone, do you get to keep the number ? ;)

Yes you do - not only that, here's the number to call: +49 1-666-666-6666 which will put you straight through to Commissioner Gordon's office. It's possible it may be redirected to McDonalds for a take away meal or confirmation for Justin Bieber front row seats at his next concert... so be afraid.....be very afraid.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    Higgins wrote:
    It seems that the criminality rate traditionally is higher in Sweden than in Norway - even before Sweden took refugees in the recent years.
    The higher criminality rate in Sweden may be explained by many factors, including the fact that Sweden has more and much bigger cities compared to Norway and Finland. So I'd be careful explaining this with migrants/refugees. Often it's not that easy and we are rightly criticizing Trump for giving "easy" and inaccurate replies.

Aftonbladet gave a detailed response to the in many parts incorrect and biased FOX News report:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/g26Lk/after-trumps-last-night-in-sweden-here-are-the-errors-in-fox-news

They even commented on 2 points, that you've chosen

"There are no-go zones in vulnerable suburbs where the police don’t want to enter because it’s “too dangerous”"

"The maximum sum per month is 2.201 Swedish kronor (250 US dollars)."

This all would belong into a political thread which is systematically boycotted by the mods - unfortunately.

Well, the report on Fox was full of inaccurate statements. That doesn't mean Sweden doesn't have problems. It is also true the latest wave of refugees hasn't led to a higher crime rate. After all most of them are law-abiding people and it's only been a couple of years. But Immigration is a problem in Sweden. They have very active violent gangs that even throw hand grenade and control parts of cities, suburbs where most don't go outside at night. The neighbouring countries have organised crime and gangs too, but they aren't as violent and powerfull as in Sweden. Most of those gangs are dominated by immigrants.

The statements in Aftenbladet that there are no no-one areal in Sweden is wrong. I have seen long, un-edited interviews of Swedish police offisers who admit it. The official line is that there are no areas the police won't enter, and that's true. But they will only enter those areas wearing riot gear, preferably more than one car and the gangs control anything out of visual range of the police. Ambulanses, the fire service and journalists need police protection to go to these areas.
    Most of the press and most political parties (The SD, a party with neo-nazi riots, will talk of little else. The other parties boycott them, but they are very popular) are very reluctant to talk of this in fear of being seen as racist. While Danish and Norwegian mainstream media and politicians speak of both their own and Swedish challenges with Immigration, this happens far less in Sweden. The fact that one of the largest newspapers follow the official line on no-go areas speak volumes.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

Or 'illegals' !

Unfortunately this IS the case, I think. The 'popular press' seem to like the blur the lines when reporting.... :#
    YNWA 97
    Well, in the "alternative media" there seems to be no line at all.

This is a map made by Swedish police marking cities with no-go areas:

D_J8iJeVjnFQ6MUo6eNIyAG4DKgaPcbdv2NoB7rYhT1A

According to a police report from 2014 there are 55 no-go areas spread in the cities on the map above. Sadly I have no English version of this report, but here it is: https://polisen.se/Global/www%20och%20Intrapolis/%C3%96vriga%20rapporter/Kriminella%20natverk%20med%20stor%20paverkan%20i%20lokalsamhallet%20Sekretesspr%2014.pdf

In spite of this we must remember Sweden is one of the most well functioning societies on earth with low crime levels if you compare with most countries. But police sources say they are losing control in these areas. One reason for this is a very high level of immigration that the country hasn't been able to absorb completely. I'm not saying countries shouldn't let in refugees and other immigrants - I think they should. But the immigration should be subject to a debate open for all factual arguments and the problems that may follow should be faced with both eyes open. I'm not sure Sweden has done this because of a massive pressure in society to be politically correct.
    edited February 2017
    Sorry, but you contradict yourself.

You stress "No-Go-Areas" and on the other hand say, that the police and others still go there but with special precautions/gear.

My wording is certainly not overly pc but
    Number24 wrote:
    One reason for this is a very high level of immigration that the country hasn't been able to absorb completely.

I'd prefer if you skip to "criminals" or "criminal immigrants" because not all immigrants are criminals and not all criminals are immigrants.

That been said, I am the first to confirm, that all kind of immigration poses huge challenges to the affected societies, but the 1 million question is what the alternative to accepting refugees in your country is??

It's simply if you help them (like we all agreed under the Geneva refugees convention and follow the humanitarian imerative) or if we let them die in front of our borders. It's really that simple!

So all that immigrant/refugee criminality talk is just to find an excuse for refusing help to those poor people.
    Yes, there are some criminals among them and we have to deal with them and can.

Immigration has often been initiated by the affected countries many years ago - so they also have a part in what we see now.

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I think it is possible to talk about refugees and immigrants without political talk. if this happens then i will be out of the conversation and hope the moderators stop it before the fighting begins. I am a refugee from political struggle not war and would like to ask some peoples to look what i posted here any a few pages ago.
    I hope it is to say that not everyone is the bad persons. I do now there are some bad persons from my country in the uk. I could tell you this and not to speak about politics.
    I don't think I'm contradicting myself. I define no-go areas as areas where police and other emergency services can't operate freely and other anti- state groups have de facto power. Aftonbladet managed to deny no-go areas without lying: they said the police can go there, but they forgot to mention that they always bring or wear riot gear and criminal gangs rule those suburbs. How would you define no-go areas? (it's nice to use the same definitions :) )

I have made it very clear that not all immigrants are not criminals. I wrote that most refugees who entered Sweden in the last wave are law-abiding. When I was referring to criminal immigrants I wrote about gangs etc. so I think my choice of words have been accurate and I have distinguished between criminal immigrants and the general immigrant population.

When the suburbs we are talking about are pretty much dominated by immigrants it's also an issue of integration and immigration. There are other factors like economy and employment, naturally. I think Sweden could have let in the number of immigrants they did and still avoided much of the problems they face today. One example is the Swedish system of housing refugees. When they are processed in the reception centers they only need a written confirmation from a Swedish citizen that they have room for them and they are sent away. As a result immigrants end up in the houses of people of the same ethnic group, the entire floor-space covered by mattresses at night. They have no apartment of their own, no coordination with schools etc. The result is often ghettoes.
    In the other Nordic countries I understand the system is sending them to municipalities all around the country after securing apartments, places in schools for them etc.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't think objects of substatial hisctorical importance should be burned, even if it's from the darkest parts of history. One wouldn't burn the whip of a slave owner or the slave barracks from a plantation now, would we?It speaks about the past, no matter how horrible it was.

Have to agree with this - history must not be obliterated otherwise lessons cannot be learned.
    Alas, I think recent events have proven this not to be true. Really, I do not think money should be made of such items. If you have something donate it to a museum. I hate to think of profit off of such sadness.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    edited February 2017
    First, I agree donating the money is a good idea.

Second - random :v tweets:

ColinB @beirnecolinp
    #swedenincident Whole of Sweden in denial, obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

C5DRBtDVYAACA2r.jpg

gettyimages-642710822-1487558936.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.711xh;0,0.100xh&resize=768:*
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    Joshua wrote:
    I... hope the moderators stop it before the fighting begins.

I hope so too.
    edited February 2017
    I think Higgins is sensible enough not to start any fighting, and I have some hope that I can too :D
    edited February 2017
    But I can post about uncontroversial stuff too - such as sex :D

During some work on Shakespear's play The Raker of Moons I found it necessary to research euphenisms for sex. Here are some of the best:

Taking the magic bus to Manchester
    Using a telescope to explore the black hole
    Tunnel patrol
    Testing the suspension
    Sticking the llama’s head up the lift shaft
    Schnoodlypooping
    Putting the wand in the chamber of secrets
    Pondering the unicorn
    Playing Tetris
    Opening the gates of Mordor
    Joint session of Congress
    Blitzkrieg mit dem fleischgewehr
    Putting the email in the spam folder

Find more here: http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2014/12/400-euphemisms-for-sexual-intercourse/
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    But I can post about uncontroversial stuff too - such as sex :D
    During some work on Shakespear's play The Raker of Moons I found it necessary to research euphenisms for sex.
    Here are some of the best:

Taking the magic bus to Manchester

I live near Manchester - and I'm actually there right now - so have you any idea as to where this 'magic bus stops ? :v :D
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

I live near Manchester

...hence the joke at http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/867472/#p867472