Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't get me started on the Catholic Church. X-( in Ireland their history is of pure evil.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I read to my horror about the children's mass grave in the St. Mary's Mother and Baby Home in Ireland. the church-run orphanage was run by the church and near 800 dead children ware secretly buried near a septic tank. The children were ment to be adopted, but the children (from babies to three year-olds died there and their bodies hidden. The Catholic church has a lot a to answer for :(
    It's yet ANOTHER Catholic Church disgrace, considering these church men are supposed to be the most pious and godly of all men it makes a mockery of the religion IMHO.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    I have to agree. The history of the Catholic Church in Ireland is, in the words of Mellisandre in GoT: "dark and full of terrors."
    Not just Ireland either, they've hardly acquitted themselves well in the USA or here on mainland UK.
    It's worldwide ! Their abuse is just everywhere X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Here the religious communities get 800 crowns for each registered member, so in 2010-2014 they got a list of all Norwegian citizens and just made members of everyone with names that "sounded Catholic" without asking anyone. Pure fraud.
    :# Apart from abusing kids, Money is the next big love they have.

The only thing that saves the Catholic church is it's so big. If this had happened to a smaller Church
    They would have been closed down by the government.
    All in the name of religion. Though it's not as bad as the inquisition, burning women to death or the countless other genocidal atrocities theyve committed.
    I do laugh when the Pope issues some statement about morals etc, as As far As I'm concerned
    He has lost any right to put out statements, the Last one actually help cover up abuses. They are
    Losing members by the thousand, especially in the stronghold of Ireland. Some churches have had
    To close as no one is attending, which is in my opinion great news. No religion should be involved in
    The running of any country.
    ^ totally agree, and as the head of the church the Pope is responsible for its actions.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited March 2017
    Catholic here :) Which organization of human beings is without flaw and misdeed? Other than this site, of course.

Do we attack specific religions? Or just religious belief in general? It's so difficult to keep track of the evolving acceptability. It seems as if it's specific ones, but this seems problematic on some level.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,630Chief of Staff
    ^ I'm happy to ban ALL religions -{

Catholicism just makes themselves an easy target...it's amazing what's 'acceptable' in the name of religion :#
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    I tend to agree with Loeffs here.

I am not catholic - but have my faith andd find some of the previous posts offensive in their universal approach *.

The church has a horrible record of wrongdoings and I have no intention to defend those deeds but we should be a bit more respectful in the face of people who believe in god and act differently than what's criticized above.

As one example, the recent pope has been installed to fight against what certain Vatikan cliques have done in the past years (child abuse / vatican bank) and is on a good path of doing so.

It's always that with history - we should not be too proud how "advanced cultivated" we are.
    As an example until the 70s women had to get the permission of their husbands when they wanted to work in my country and the UK where certainly not been overly nice to inhabitants of their colonies not long time ago.

It's easy to point fingers - keep in mind that while doing so, 3 fingers of your hand are pointing at yourself ;)

*All Bond Fans are weirdos
    All brits have bad teeth
    All Germans are Nazis
    All Yanks werar Stetsons
    Catholics abuse kids

you get the message....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I am a practising christian. I go to church every week. I respect everyone to have their own god. I do not respect peoples telling us we should be banned.

My church is always full, but peoples from my own background as, sadly, not many peoples in england seem now to go to church. We help in our community anyone who needs our help, they have not to be christinans to get our help.
    To ban christians and jews and muslims is the first thing done by the dictator and this is bad. I think we should ban hate.
    Sorry to disagree with some and I will stop commenting after this as discussions on Religion
    And Politics never end well. On the new Pope.. he gives great Interviews, nice sound bites but
    In actual changes ? ....... Nothing ! :#
    I have no issue with the devoutly religious worshipping how they feel serves them the best and taking from their religion what they need, I take issue with whole sections of the upper echelons of certain religions including Catholics, Muslims, Church of England etc who cover up, wide-scale wrong doings by its ministers and clergy. It's corrupt and to the followers of these religions it does a huge disservice and can shake the faith they hold dear.
    I don't see commenting on this as an attack on any religion but an attack on the deeds perpetrated by those who hide within it.
    Sir Miles wrote:

Catholicism just makes themselves an easy target...it's amazing what's 'acceptable' in the name of religion :#

I disagree since I'm against dictators hip and support Freedom.
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

You leave sir m's and Barbels hips out of this :p
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Bann autocorrect! :))
    Obviously I ment dictatorship
    Right now the Joint Viking 2017 NATO exercise is being held in the most northern county in Norway. 8000 troops from several nations including US, UK and obviously Norway are training winter warfare. I would like to thank the nations and troops that help defend our independence and freedom, no matter how cold it may be :007)
    edited March 2017
    Your link isn't working for me, but any thing to do with animal welfare or the lack of it upsets and angers me greatly.
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Bann autocorrect! :))
    Obviously I ment dictatorship

I'm against dictatorship...pity the religions of this world don't feel the same :#
    YNWA 97
    But you did write you wanted to bann all religion. Only dictatorships have tried to do that (all failed), and you would need a totalitarian regime to do it. No way around it.
    Only until I gain power Number24 then all the world
    will pay deference to the ultimate dynasty
    which I alone will create. From their first day on Earth
    they will be able to look up and know that there is
    law and order in the heavens ! ;)
    Number24 wrote:
    But you did write you wanted to bann all religion. Only dictatorships have tried to do that (all failed), and you would need a totalitarian regime to do it. No way around it.

Actually I said I'd be happy to ban all religions...please don't misquote, it just ends up as an argument -{
    YNWA 97
    OK, you'd be happy to bann all religion. What's the difference? If I said I wanted to bann all newspapers and my neighbour said he's be happy to bann all newspapers, wouldn't we be in agreement?
    You can support the banning of religion or you can support democracy and freedom. If there is a middle ground, please explain.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    OK, you'd be happy to bann all religion. What's the difference? If I said I wanted to bann all newspapers and my neighbour said he's be happy to bann all newspapers, wouldn't we be in agreement?
    You can support the banning of religion or you can support democracy and freedom. If there is a middle ground, please explain.

What is "bann"? Sir Miles said he'd be happy to "ban". I would be happy to be misspelled words.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Of course there's a middle ground, simply ban some ;) the only faith
    That I'd keep is " Jedi" as there is some proof for that. :D