Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Have you ever heard of barophobia?

It's the fear of gravity. :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :))
    And HippopotomonstrosesquiPedaliophobia is the fear of long words!!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :))
    And HippopotomonstrosesquiPedaliophobia is the fear of long words!!!

that's easy for you to say ?? :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have that tattooed along my Love sausage ......... well "Hi" ...... anyway :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) youre so modest ;% I'd have thought you'd have " legendary Irish Banger " on your sausage
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Bit random ,but im off this week to Florence and then on to Sienna ,im taking my (Budget ) Tunisia outfit to wear ,so hopefully pics to follow
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sienna eh?, No running along the rooftops please. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Bit random ,but im off this week to Florence and then on to Sienna ,im taking my (Budget ) Tunisia outfit to wear ,so hopefully pics to follow
    I've visited both places, I'm sure you'll have a spectacular trip it's simply a stunning part of the world. bon voyage AS
    Come here, kids! The history lesson is about to start :)

Did you know the Swedish army seriously considered moose cavalry in the 18th century?
    The Swedes thought the moose would be superiour in winter warfare, especially in deep snow.

swedish-moose-cavalry.png

From the late 19th century until the winter war against Finland the Soviet union also tried out moose cavaly.
    It turns out moose are hard to domesticate and too smart to run towards gunfire, unlike horses.'

Soviet cavalryman on his steed:
    34822d8e667f951b862b7bf4e8544318.jpg
    Looks like they have " attack boars" as well ?:)
    edited June 2017
    The drawing of the moose cavalry "might" not be 100% historically correct, but the information is.

And the Soviets had a reindeer battalion in WWII. They didn't ride on them, but the reindeer were very efficient for transporting food, equipment, ammo, wounded soldiers etc.

e7e7e794fc0abf90b6b4b22961ce7547.jpg

48851fe303384028bcb98725f85b00d5.jpg
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Anyone bet on UK election , Corbyn or May....if I bet Corbyn then I might potentially earn a lot if he wins ?
    Anyone bet on UK election , Corbyn or May....if I bet Corbyn then I might potentially earn a lot if he wins ?

With any luck you'll lose your stake! But if you win then anyone with a job outside the public sector may as well shut up shop. Or leave the country :#
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I bet 500 krones on Corbyn , it's a risk but you never know...as I see it , life itself is a gamble :v
    I think the odds on Corbyn have really shortened, as May seems to have not come across in
    Interviews as being, as Strong and Stable as she'd claimed. Although I do agree there's not
    A great choice.
    I think the odds on Corbyn have really shortened, as May seems to have not come across in
    Interviews as being, as Strong and Stable as she'd claimed. Although I do agree there's not
    A great choice.

I have mixed views about this, Corbyn simply isn't a realistic choice, and our country simply can't afford his unworkable ideas, it would be nice if everything could be paid for and every public sector had increased budgets but who's going to pay for it?
    On May and her boycotting interview etc and not coming accross well? my own view is that political interviewers are just absolutely shoddy, they seem to see their role as one of trying to trip up politicians and not let then answer questions, so what we see or hear only gives us a bad tempered flurry of aggressive questions and barracking with no chance of clear answers. We live in a time where Piers Morgan is lauded as a great political interviewer!!! We also live in a time where most the media are unashamedly left leaning. So in light of this I'd rather have politicians who concentrate on running country more than looking good on television.

Also if someone is interested enough in seeing Theresa May perform on television, prime ministers questions is televised every week, and pretty much every week Corbyn comes off second best. Of course it used to be twice a week but Tony Blair cut that down as he tired of being roundly verbally beaten up by William Hague twice a week.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    ^ can we please keep the political discussions to the relevant threads please -{
    YNWA 97
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I was late to work today because a man tied his goat on a long lead to a fence and it kept on headbutting my car when I tried to pass :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ^ can we please keep the political discussions to the relevant threads please -{
    Sorry Sir M ;% ....... Thunderpussy started it sir :v
    I was late to work today because a man tied his goat on a long lead to a fence and it kept on headbutting my car when I tried to pass :))
    Where do you live? Kabul??

I'd like to congratulate the Scottish church that has decided to allow gay marriages in there churches. A step in the right direction I think.
    How dare you blame me Chris ! That's it .... After school you and me behind
    The shopping centre, next to the swings ! And I must warn you. I've been thinking
    Of going to the gym, which in my book is just as good as going. ;)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I thought Sir Miles just said that there was an appropriate thread for political discussions! Clearly you have a bias against goats and you antagonised this one into a confrontation. Therefore, I would second Sir Miles instruction and request that all further discussions of goats be in the correct thread.

:D
    edited June 2017
    How dare you blame me Chris ! That's it .... After school you and me behind
    The shopping centre, next to the swings ! And I must warn you. I've been thinking
    Of going to the gym, which in my book is just as good as going. ;)
    :)) :))
    ( I had to say something Miles is in a fractious mood of late and I thought he might give me lines or detention)

I've just been watching Frank Kelly doing the 12 days of Christmas. https://youtu.be/lbejNNCTr7k I absolutely love it it's hilarious. I think you should do a version for next Christmas TP
    The homework at the all girls school was to write a short story containing religion, sex and a mystery.
    The best one was indeed short: "Oh God, I'm pregnant! Who could the father be?" :D
    Catholic school perhaps ? ...... No protection :D
    I suspect the girls are safer than the boys......
    Number24 wrote:
    I suspect the girls are safer than the boys......
    Highly controversial 24 :o
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sorry Sir M ;% ....... Thunderpussy started it sir :v

It's ok :)) wasn't just aimed at yourself -{
    YNWA 97
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I've just been watching Frank Kelly doing the 12 days of Christmas. https://youtu.be/lbejNNCTr7k I absolutely love it it's hilarious. I think you should do a version for next Christmas TP

Would that have been on TOTP from BBC Four tonight?

It is very funny :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Would that have been on TOTP from BBC Four tonight?

It is very funny :))
    Yes it was. I cried with laughter the first time I heard it some years ago.