Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Not BOND memorabilia. Not Craig memorabilia either, so I can't get away with either. Hence posting it here.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Volvo-P1800-5.jpg
    "Beautiful craft, ... such lovely lines "
    I struggle to understand how volvo went from building avant-garde beautiful Cars to the very well built people tanks for so many years, their new range is better looking but still?

the new Volvo Consept Coupe might give you hope of a return to those days:

Volvo-Concept-Coupe-18.jpg
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Not BOND memorabilia. Not Craig memorabilia either, so I can't get away with either. Hence posting it here.

It's just that you'd probably get a better eBay audience on the ebay thread is all.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Interesting story, Joshua, but I wonder, if the soldiers who were swimming knowingly thru a crocodile infested river were the better ones.

They risk their lives knowingly without finding a better alternative.

I do not understand what you mean. I have read this 3 times. I was one of those who swam and not only once. If you wanted to be a soldier in my regiment you had to do this test. You were not forced to do this but voluntary. You swim you pass the test, you do not swim you leave the course. That was the alternative. Doing this swim did not mean you would get into my regiment as there was many more tests to do after this and some lives lost. Facing your fears against death is sometimes better than running away.
    Joshua wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Interesting story, Joshua, but I wonder, if the soldiers who were swimming knowingly thru a crocodile infested river were the better ones.

They risk their lives knowingly without finding a better alternative.

I do not understand what you mean. I have read this 3 times. I was one of those who swam and not only once. If you wanted to be a soldier in my regiment you had to do this test. You were not forced to do this but voluntary. You swim you pass the test, you do not swim you leave the course. That was the alternative. Doing this swim did not mean you would get into my regiment as there was many more tests to do after this and some lives lost. Facing your fears against death is sometimes better than running away.

I also just remember this story. In a few years ago soldiers from my regiment (this was long after the time I was in the army) was on exercise with other units of different countries in the Atlantic ocean there was an accident and the men were put into the sea, I think also one man was killed straight away but I am not sure. the men who were from my regiment saved to others who were in the water and swum them back to the land miles away from the accident. These waters were shark infested. Now because we trained, I think I should say they because I was not there, by swimming in waters which have crocodile and hippopotamus and Tiger fish and to overcome fears they did not panic and got themselves and the others to the safety of land.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Most of us find it hard to understand Higgins :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Volvo-P1800-5.jpg
    "Beautiful craft, ... such lovely lines "
    I struggle to understand how volvo went from building avant-garde beautiful Cars to the very well built people tanks for so many years, their new range is better looking but still?
    I know what you mean. The P1800's lineage can be clearly seen in the famous Volvo Amazon, examples of which I still occasionally see on the road. Every time I see one I take a picture, though this example is a pic from the internet.

a160de889998db74dd04ca4b9cc3f2ec--volvo--volvo-a.jpg
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Anniversaries :

MASH 45
    Streets of SF 45
    Batman TAS 25
    Melrose Place 25
    I have never seen the volvo amazon car. I looked on the internet with the name. I think it is a good classic car. Although I do not own a car I like them. Here is the website selling classic cars. The page is for Aston Martin. If any one is interested there is db5 for sale!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/cat/3/7/
    I see many clows are complaining about " IT" .... ...
    You'd think this was one group who'd have a sense
    Of humour about it. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I have never seen the volvo amazon car. I looked on the internet with the name. I think it is a good classic car. Although I do not own a car I like them. Here is the website selling classic cars. The page is for Aston Martin. If any one is interested there is db5 for sale!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/cat/3/7/

Typical me - even my dream cars are small and affordable. What I's really like is an Austin Allegro Vanden Plas.

3875297852_a2c535dbd3.jpg
    d83a4904b8808dc033df498040f404da--funny-car-quotes-funny-cars.jpg
    edited September 2017
    It's election day in Norway today. I know there is an enormous demand for information about this topic in this forum, but I'll keep it brief anyway :D. The election has been dull until today, something I'm proud of. But it's very close margin tonight, and we won't have the final result until late tonight. Because of fear of (Russian) tampering every vote will be counted manually.

- It looks like the conservative coalition government will get a second term, something that hasn't happened since WWII. Can it be that voters are content with a growing economy?

- Labour is the biggest party, as it has been for more than 90 years. The party lost many votes in spite of promising higher taxes. :v

- For the first time since 1948 the Communists are represented in the Parliament.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    If I don't buy an DBS, this could very well be my second dream car.
    An air-cooled Porsche 911 964.
    A coupe or a targa. Convertible isn't a no-go, I just don't like the idea of drop-top Porsche.
    It's also the most socially acceptable sports car in Europe.
    Throughout my vacation across Milan, Geneva and the French Riviera, you could almost be anonymous in one of these.
    Seriously, is it their version of the VW Golf there?
    Beauty pix.
    482839d1287735665-please-post-photos-of-your-midnight-blue-964-other-colors-get-your-own-thread-1989-c4-dark-blue.jpg
    247492d1200756794-please-post-photos-of-your-guards-red-964-other-colors-get-your-own-thread-p1010387-1.jpg
    a reasonable rate of return
    Petter Pilgaard , Norwegian reality star : "Id like to date Pam Anderson"

He settled with Vendela instead , not a bad haul :D
    Yes, but I think Vendela Kirsebom could have done much better.
    Sad to read today that Liam Neeson is not doing any more action movies. As he feels he's too old. :#
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sad to read today that Liam Neeson is not doing any more action movies. As he feels he's too old. :#

Does that mean we can remove him from the "Next James Bond After Daniel Craig" list? :o
    edited September 2017
    Do anyone have him on his list at this point?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Do anyone have him on his list at this point.

Even at 65 he makes just as much sense for Bond as a lot of the names people are throwing around.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I know there is a lot of collectors here at the ajb. I saw ohmss the other day and wondered if any collectors have got the newspaper that the man is reading when Bond gets off the train as Sir Hilary Bray (Daily Express I think) and the playboy magazine Bond reads when he is in the office of Gumbold? I do not wish to bet monies as I am sure some peoples here will have these things!
    Sadly another attack on London but luckily the bomb only partially went off. As from some
    Reports it would have been bigger than the Manchester explosion.
    My best wishes for the victims.

Today I visited a viking fair, just a stone's throw fromme where they are building the replika longship I mentioned some time ago. Viking age enthusiasts talked about and played on viking age type musical instruments, we got to try being smiths etc.
    At the end a Swedish juggler dressed in viking clothes performed with his knives and torches. It was a fairly standard show, but with a couple of unusual tricks. Once he held the flaming torches under his crotch and shouted: "Hot dogs, anyone?". Later he open the zipper (or the viking version) and put a touch in there. Most of his audience were 10-11 year old kids and they loved it :o :))
    In an article this week, it seems that dna tests have proven a famous viking warrior was
    a Woman. So the Vikings were an equal opportunities employer. ;)
    I read that too. Shield Maidens were real.
    I see today on the news that a englishman has been killed by a crocodile in sri Lanka. He was washing his hands in the water. This must be a lesson to peoples who visit places where the crocodiles live. Do not go near the waters edge or back to the same place two times.
    In an article this week, it seems that dna tests have proven a famous viking warrior was
    a Woman. So the Vikings were an equal opportunities employer. ;)

There have been many African warriors who were women and who were feared in battle.
    edited September 2017
    http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/9365684/

"Husband disappointed over the sentence"

Well , duh......The boy who killed those two will only do 11 yrs behind bars.

The boy owed money and the woman just happened to be there , both stabbed 30 (!) times :o