Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    No, this is pretty normal. :))
    Seriously, it was more normal than we've like or think. Politics is an arena where girls from the youth organisations and older, powerful and famous men intermingle. Alcohol was not uncommon in social gatherings in the evenings.
    If the girls told what happened the political parties tended to disregard the reports as parts of political infighting and smear campaigns.
    The current Finance Minister was (probably) told about ten years ago that an important party member (middle aged man) had sent text messages to a third person suggesting a threesome with a 15 year old boy. Now the Finance Minister claims she can't remember the meeting. :v

The #MeToo Campaign has revealed scandals in most parties and Giske is the most powerful man yet to fall. He was pretty close to the "throne" a few months ago, now he'll be in political darkness for a decade or so. He'll continue serving in the Parliament because he hasn't done anything illegal, so close yet so far from the power and prestige he had a short time ago. He even has a very beautiful wife who is a TV celebrity who has been loyal so far.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I expect my politicians to be corrupt, sleazy, sexist B@st*rds :D
    I'd be a bit disappointed if they weren't.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,486Chief of Staff
    The word "bastards" isn't censored, TP. Go ahead and use it! :)
    :)) I shall use it more often in all my posts :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I always find it hilarious when watching DN how Annabel Chung calls Bond, Quarrel and Felix "You rats!" when in the book she says "You bastards!" :))
    Terrible news of yet another school shooting in America !. I don't have the
    Answer to the problem but surely this can't be allowed to continue. Apparently
    So far in 2018, there have been 18 school shootings. That's shocking.
    Also disgusting to read of the killer and torturer of a little girl in America. Couldn't
    Actually read the story, the headline was sickening enough, and without going
    In to details. For cases such as this, I'd have the guilty tortured themselves for
    Life ( I know, I'll probably be called a Nazi again for this )
    I don't care about thus guy's rehabilitation, or his rights, I want him and people
    Like him to spend the rest of their lives in pain and distress. So as a society we can
    Look the parents of that little girl in the eye and say, look how we are punishing the
    Killer of your child.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Agree and echo those sentiments, truly awful news
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    A mother of one of the victims at Columbine (the first major school massacre, I think) in 1999 said in an interview that the Whole country sort of stopped in shock and grief back then. Now these massacres have become almost routine to the media and the public, numbing us to it. Sadly there is little hope for change.
    My thoughts are with the victims and their families.
    Apparently it works out at One shooting every
    Three days ! Slowly It's becoming part of everyday
    American life. :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thoughts and prayers with the victims.

After each of these shootings, we are sadly going thru the same routine:

Questions come up, if the firearm ownership is one of the reaons why that happens so often and so often only in the US.
    Then other voices ask for "more weapons" for more safety and that this is not the right time to discuss this issue.

Then nothing happens until the next shooting.

I am saying this - being a massive Magnum PI fan and Mr. Selleck is one of the top faces: The NRA is pure evil!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    My prayers go to those poor people and their families.
    edited February 2018
    Since nothing can be done with the problem from where I am, I'll post some photos. Lately parts of Norway has gotten unusual amounts of snow:

775f17c820f4d194945911ea9f7b4852?accessToken=bf13356477299d7125ccf72f787ab67643bfb211b177472c01f3647a3f8eee55

1492810126d2caeadfcf10bd0db58d3b?accessToken=944d82de52f1ba312e374e304822ffc60948fd59e23ed8ce7068391169bf457e

94cd629ebc9718c5905e15e592187940.jpg?accessToken=be4b89d067a9bcd57e2275595e5a0c34dc71b57a39f4ef2a5b5587887307e1d4

2b9a7ef243dd4693df5c07f2381730e6.jpg?accessToken=c3f9f16a566546eb8b777fbc60984fa2b0ce2d234011953fe74a8e1ed0091d30

The south-east near Stavanger:

d885ffa5b56a011d65f9604fb8fb914b.jpg?accessToken=96e40b09408eda4605d24705eab31b0bd24426b4959ad96540a23f30f46d70f1
    formvollendet-massot-und.jpg

I am not a fan of figure skating but I am overly happy for Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot for their well-deserved Gold Medal.

Savchenko has my greatest respect.
    In the early years she was regarded as moody and difficult. She probably worked the hardest of all for the last 30(!!) years.
    These are her 5th Olymipcs and you could see today, how valuable the Gold Medal is for her. Something that she has tried to achieve for the fifth time and at the age of 34!!

Everytime, something bad happened - even in the recent short programme, where Bruno Massot made a mistake and they started the final on 4th position.

Congratulations and great respect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvgHrLDuS90

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Thoughts and prayers with the victims.

After each of these shootings, we are sadly going thru the same routine:

Questions come up, if the firearm ownership is one of the reaons why that happens so often and so often only in the US.
    Then other voices ask for "more weapons" for more safety and that this is not the right time to discuss this issue.

Then nothing happens until the next shooting.

I am saying this - being a massive Magnum PI fan and Mr. Selleck is one of the top faces: The NRA is pure evil!

And the orange nightmare didn't even have the decency to address the nation. Just sent out a tweet.

We here in Europe will never understand the American mindset regarding guns. It's a total anathema to me.

If they must have guns, why can't they limit gun ownership to a revolver only and anything else to a range ?? Farmers having dispensation for shotguns ??

There are modifications that can be made but sadly no one in government there is interested.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I think at the very least guns should be kept in a locked cabinet and inaccessible to anyone under 25 and strict punishments for parents who allow access to these guns.
    There will forever more be a gun problem in the USA even if guns were banned tomorrow! Anyone intent on killing will get hold of a gun even here in Europe, but surely some measures need to be brought in even if it just stops one school shooting.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I think they have this idea that having lots of guns makes sure they can guard their freedom better than we do. I can't find any facts that supports this works in real life. The USA isn't among the best on rankings of freedom of peech, freedom of speech, a independent and free justice system, human rights etc.
    Number24 wrote:
    The USA isn't among the best on rankings of freedom of peech,
    Oh there area lot of free peaches in the US :D

:))
    I believe Georgia is the peach state ;)
    I'll og for the Autocorrect defence 8-) :)) :)) :))
    Oh , now I know - I just discovered my blood sugar level was 2.6 :o
    That doesn't sound Peachy ;)
    At least it's a good reason to have a large cup of hot chocolate :)
    edited February 2018
    I was very unsure where to put this post: the military thread, a Bond-related thread or here? it ended up here, as the perseptive reader will have gathered :D

The Russians have a very Bondian Army base in the Arctic. It's on the island Alexander Land in the Arctic Ocean's Franz Josef Archipelago and it guards enormous reserves of petrolium. The reserves may be worth £23trillion.

3F59FB8800000578-4421072-image-a-1_1492524311927.jpg

It looks very Bondian indeed, perhaps an arctic Russian version of colonel Moon's base in DAD:

3F52BB2B00000578-4421072-image-a-109_1492520698158.jpg

3F58A69800000578-4421072-The_facility_also_comes_complete_with_a_cinema_table_tennis_and_-a-104_1492520689567.jpg

It's a new base and the largest military base in the Arctic since the cold war. The base has nuclear-capable planes and 150 soldiers from the Arctic mechanised infantry brigade. These soldiers are trained and equiped to fight and survive in the extreme condition of the far north. They are even trained to use reindeer - reindeerborne infantry!

3F5C524500000578-4421072-image-a-28_1492545151761.jpg

3F5C53BE00000578-4421072-image-a-34_1492545195055.jpg
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/15/sumbarine-commander-crashed-one-uks-nuclear-submarines-ship/
    Royal Navy Commander pleads guilty to crashing his
    Submarine and causing one million pounds of damage.
    I guess Bond was having an off day :D
    I saw on the second hand market some James Bond cars. They were all the cars from James Bond films I think to the last Pierce Brosnan film. They were Corgi make and all each in the box but they were not new. They were £5 each. Was this a good price? I was very close to buying some of these cars but my wife was with me at the market and she would have told me off I think! I might buy some if I see them again if the man selling them has not sold them.
    Oh there were also some Omega watches on another market stall. These were £40 each. I do not think these were real! ;) but they looked nice!
    I wouldn't pay less than £50 for an Omega.
    I think there was a recall on the last batch.
    As some could explode ! :D

Bloody hell. What is it with Russian athletes
    And drugs ? and in all sports Curling :))
    Joshua wrote:
    I saw on the second hand market some James Bond cars. They were all the cars from James Bond films I think to the last Pierce Brosnan film. They were Corgi make and all each in the box but they were not new. They were £5 each.

I think it's an ok price, but someone in the Memorabilia forum would know more about it.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't pay less than £50 for an Omega.
    I think there was a recall on the last batch.
    As some could explode ! :D

Bloody hell. What is it with Russian athletes
    And drugs ? and in all sports Curling :))

I think the drugs were to keep the spectators awake during the competition :v (Guess we'll find out how many curling fans there are on here after that comment, won't we?).