Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Well played KFC ... when you c*ck up, own it and say sorry ..... :)) :))

Ad's taken out in todays papers.

kfc-apology.jpg?strip=all&w=623

Be strong everyone. We can get through this !!!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    At least they got abreast of the situation and not just try to wing it or chicken out by legging it and not admitting their error.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    A SAAB 900 Turbo would be in my dream garage. It was a travesty when things went belly up for the firm :(
    Also a bond car -{ I loved the saab 900 carlsson, I had a saab 93 vector convertible with the 2.0 litre turbo, ended up being the worst car I have ever had unfortunately, it had 2 engine replacements before I traded it in.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Well played KFC ... when you c*ck up, own it and say sorry ..... :)) :))

Ad's taken out in todays papers.

kfc-apology.jpg?strip=all&w=623

Be strong everyone. We can get through this !!!

Good for them. There was really no need for anyone to call the police about this situation though! :s
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, I think it's only for a shortage of Doughnuts that you have to
    inform the police ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :)) Do bears sh*t in the woods, Is the Pope Catholic and now
    Do Russian athletes take drugs :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    :))
    a reasonable rate of return
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I drive a Prius, but I've driven SAAB most of my life.

I‘ve had my Saab for 11 years, loved it and still do and regret having sold it {[]

You sold her, that loyal trusty old SAAB, for that younger VW and the sexy carbon extras. Or is that a dodgy carbon filter. Parp :D :p :v
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

They still even take drugs under a neutral flag too. What's that about? :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,255MI6 Agent
    I've just got back from 3 days in Hong Kong - I met my younger brother who had flown in from London to his HK office. It was great to see him and we had dinner at the Peninsula Hotel in the Felix restaurant at a window seat none the less with spectacular views over the harbour. To be inside a Bond hotel was something special.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Good for you, CHB. I've never been to Hong Kong but when I do I definitely want to at least visit the Peninsula.
    Watching Casualty on BBC 1 tonight, and a sick old
    Guy was having Dr No read to him. :)
    By a Dr, no?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Today I drove home again from Bergen. I actually crossed one of the fjords by electric ferry. That was a first for me, but other than no chimneys and less noise I didn't notice any difference. The changes will be fast. By 2023 half the ferries in Norway will be electric, hybrid, natural gas or biofuel.
    Without going in to details, I got in to conversation with a Mrs Bell today, and
    managed to work in the line " Well, let's just wing it shall we , Mrs Bell " :D
    I'm so proud of myself :))
    Without going in to details, I got in to conversation with a Mrs Bell today, and
    managed to work in the line " Well, let's just wing it shall we , Mrs Bell " :D
    I'm so proud of myself :))

Brilliant! Well done on getting a Bond reference in there! I take it Mrs Bell never batted an eyelid then? :))
    :)) No, she had no idea. That she'd made my day

Yes, she rang your bell as it were. :D
    I know the feeling. The younger sister of a friend of mine has long red hair, a huge Husky dog and generally looks like Jon Snow's wildling girlfriend. I started talking about the weather with her just in the remote hope she's say: "winter is coming" :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    You have to wonder sometimes if all this political correctness has gone too far, strippers are now banned at funerals
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fantasy-coffins-dressing-dead-nothing-funereal-about-these-funerals-1663572

(in China)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood

I have used the matching collar and cuffs line several times during my younger years :D
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You have to wonder sometimes if all this political correctness has gone too far, strippers are now banned at funerals
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fantasy-coffins-dressing-dead-nothing-funereal-about-these-funerals-1663572

(in China)

I think the evil feminists are responsible :o
    By a Dr, no?

It was probably Nurse Yes. :D
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Locklear arrested again.....my hunch she has a drinking problem , could explain her weight gain too :(
    Aparently Jackie Chan was lightly injured during then filming of his latest movie .... :))

der-verwundete-mann-768x1024.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :)) I've read that these days (he's over 60 now) he's cut back on doing all the stunts.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I don't know if you're familiar with this expression; Jackie Chan is...nuts.
    (Saw that Letterman interview with Yeoh and after looking at scandals and such, he is a male chauvinistic pig)
    a reasonable rate of return
    edited February 2018
    Today it's 75 years since Norwegian SOE agents blew up the heavy water factory in Rjukan, making sure Hitler never made an atom bomb. The mission was awarded more medals than any other special operation in WWII. If you don't know the story you can read this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage
    Or you can watch the excelent miniseries "The Heavy Water War/Saboteurs": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3Ry2K4yNE

Here are the sabouteurs after returning to England (and heavily hungover .. :v )

sabot%C3%B8rene

The same men in 1990:

2232379.jpg

All the saboteurs lived to be old men, but only Joachim Rønneberg (The leader of the group) is still alive today. Here he is in Rjukan with a young man doing his national service in the special forces:

9502c075f3cd5fd1d9d16eb9e993cb20.jpg

For some reson the factory was leveled to the ground in 1977, but last year it was discovered that the cellar where the saboteurs blew up the heavy water still exists:

4379645.jpg

The cellar will be restored and made into museum:

tungtvannskjelleren_c325.JPG&width=880&height=420&position=435,328,0,-65.96875

To honour the anniversary of the mission the last four hours of the route down from the mountains to the factory was skied by a select group today. They were crown prince Haakon, a local guide and seven army special forces soldiers (FSK):

6750c340-45ce-4c6f-b0e7-0b6ebff322a9?fit=crop&h=1267&w=1900&s=9299109e1d14ea867a1a1ec9ba58236bb160f2d1

I guess my way of honouring the men and the mission is this post :007)
    knee high socks and trainers, hmm that could be a new look for someone we all know :D