Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited March 2018
    Higgins wrote:
    What is a FC?? :s
    The "FC" chassis RX-7, produced from 1986-1991.
    FCRX73.jpg
    And yes, it does look like a Porsche 944, they used it as a base for its body lines. It was its biggest competitor at the time.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ilK1ZaOwc

Alternate rare Kong art , Ciriello strikes again :x
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    edited March 2018
    The family who owns this cabin decided not to go there this easter. I can't think why ... :v

eWpiqVKzLaZF6r6zu-KEEwhCCO6ilCyr0nnX9at-oopg
    The photo in the above post is from Finnmark county. It's the county furthest to the north and it's larger than Denmark. The last few days all the major roads there have been closed because of
    avalanches and many communities are completely isolated. I just mention this in case anyone wants to complain about the weather :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/30/isil-beatles-members-say-fair-trial-impossible-uk/
    Members of the Isil Beatles claim they can't get a fair trial
    In Britain 8-) these butchers gloried in beheading civilians
    In my opinion. Let's skip the trial and simply behead them.
    After all that's the sort of law they want for us. X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    55 yrs ago tomorrow : 007 DN norwegian premiere -{
    I didn't discover it's April Fool's until a few hours ago, but as far as I know I wasn't fooled.
    Did anyone here get fooled or fooled anyone today?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    Nope! The Bride and I spent the first part of the morning hiding chocolate eggs etc in the garden for the grandchildren to find after breakfast. A simple pleasure, but very rewarding.
    You shouldn't be egging them on like that.
    It was just a yolk...
    Don't Eggs-aggerate ;% and on that note. My new
    Manager ( very attractive young lady ) gave me one
    Yesterday ................. an Easter egg, that is. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I just read that the murder rate in London is higher than in New York "for the first time ever". I'm not sure the murder rate in NY was higher than London's (for instance) in the years 1800 or 1700, but it's worth noteing.
    In that spirit, I've added an Easter Egg to https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47380/ajb-presents-william-shakespeares-james-bond-in/- let's see if anyone can find it! :)
    edited April 2018
    The Telegraph has named this building the most beautiful public loo in the world :007)
    We're so proud!!! :))
    It's Ureddplassen ("The Unafraid Place") in Northern Norway:

ureddplassen%20011721.jpg?imwidth=1240

ureddplassen%20011733.jpg?imwidth=1240
    This is a prototype loo for use in zero gravity :D

toilet-Prototype-Space-Toil.jpg?imwidth=1400
    Trombone-toilets-e1323688634964.jpg

This one makes me think of SPECTRE :007)

Urinals-e1322134066610.jpg
    Are you taking the Piss ! ? :D
    I'm just shown you how classy I can be......
    Honestly, I can't be the only one here who thinks of SPECTRE when looking at the last photo?
    It's very Bondian :007) :D
    edited April 2018
    A few years ago I shared an office with a man named Tore Kvæven. He told me he was writing a book and he let me read the script. It was a novel set in the viking age called "Hard is the Law of My Land". I made some suggestions to the script, discussed the title and cover art with Tore etc. It was great fun! The novel didn't sell much, but it got favourable reviews. It was translated into some languages, but not English yet. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, the directors of movies such as "Man of War", "Kon-Tiki" and "Pirates of Carribean: Dead men tell no tales" bought the rights for the book. I just read in a newspaper that the two are now developing a script for "a viking movie". My friend may become the man behind the story for the first good viking movie ever! :)

9788252196085_framside.jpg?v=1519927808

Right before Easter I discovered his second novel written for adults in a book shop: WHEN THE LAND DARKENS

Here is a synopsis:

The year is 1293. Arni Vilhjálmsson, a young boy, is rowing out on his first walrus hunt. After the hunt, a girl stands before him. She looks down at the beast he has slain, her eyes full of defiance, and her words full of scorn. Then she turns and runs away from him, without looking back. Her name is Eir.

In the Norsemen’s Western Settlement, on Greenland, a sense of unease has been creeping in. The walrus that gave the settlers their wealth have been retreating. The ships that used to sail from Norway and Iceland to trade there have become few and far between. The Greenlanders’ own vessels are rotting. The people are wondering: is this the end?

Arni dreams of one day building his own ship and sailing towards the lands further west, seeking timber, iron and hope for the future. Eir is part of that dream. In this quest for a future, Arni is even willing to defy his own chieftain, gods, and the laws of men.

The novel got some superb reviews, one of the best reviewed novels this year. I read the early draft of the first charterselskapene years ago. I'm now reading the book and I love it. Hopefully it will be translated to English and other languages.

9788252193923.jpg?v=1514983064
    On the topic of vikings (it's my fault, I know ;% ): I saw the viking ship being built in the village of Nordfjordeid on Tuesday last
    week. I hadn't seen it since November and a lot has been done since then. It's a hundred feet long and extremely elegant, even beautiful.

vuuv0x5zIzJMOo0c6H3jnwYWW-RK6u35pIZFIgHHPAtg
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    England's Top Secret Agent is Back -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qv6p6pTz5I

Some very nice subtle nods to the Another Top Secret Agent -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    England's Top Secret Agent is Back -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qv6p6pTz5I

Some very nice subtle nods to the Another Top Secret Agent -{
    Olga looks hot :x
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I'm spending my Friday evening doing my tax return, with a bottle of Jack Daniels honey to numb the pain and listening to Supertramp live in Paris.
    Just at the point where I submitted and the calculation came up showing how much tax I have paid the song "crime of the century" came on ! quite apt I thought .......enjoy my hard earned money Mr Hammond
    As Mrs Coop is a civil servant or government agent as they call themselves these days I like to think I have just paid her wages. 8-) :)
    You have to calculate you taxes yourself?

That's so 1990's :D
    I have to, as well. Goes with being self-employed, unless you want to pay an accountant.
    When your self employed or run your own business you complete what's called a self assessment tax return. It's not so bad, done online you just put in your figures and the tax is calculated for you. People who are employed have it done by their payroll department automatically.
    Here the government sends the tax calculations to us and ask us to check if it's correct.
    I prefer our way, as I do a lot of subcontract work I get taxed 25% on that money at source, which should give me a decent tax rebate at the end of the year, seems to get less every year though :(
    My tax situation has changed recently, now that I'm receiving a pension. Since I'll still be working a bit, though obviously less than before, I'll still have to do a self assessment as Chriscoop says but I have till January to worry about it.
    I like to get mine in asap. My books run from November to November so I've had my figures for nearly 6 months, also it means I can get my rebate back quicker ;)