• VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I had no idea where to post this so it is going here:

collection-hand-painted-bootleg-movie-posters-from-africa-93-5ad.jpg
    A bootleg movie poster -{

No it's legit and from Ghana -{
    I would love to own one!
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    It looks like the poster originally read "The Spy Who Love You" before changing it to "Me". I guess even spies change their love interests.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Newmar had a heart attack but doing better now

Burt Wards daughter astma attack , prognosis uncertain (lack of oxygen to brain is serious matter)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Heard of this the other day and thought it sounded like something Fleming would have slipped in to one of his books as s bit of local tradition.
    In a part of China they eat " Virgin boy's eggs ". Basically eggs boiled in the urine of very small boys, collected from the toilets of local primary schools.
    Boiled first in their shells, the shells are then removed and the eggs are boiled for a second time, once again in boy's urine !
    I'll admit this will be one " treat" I'll be avoiding and brings up the question. Who originally thought up this idea. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLVFVykDiYY

New haul :

TCM Hooper sgd vhs repro poster (from LFCC '17 , just a month before he passed)
    Angela Mao sgd UK & US stills (she doesnt speak english but nice)
    Cleese sgd FT toy car (took almost 10 yrs to get this : 2009 , 2014 & finally 2017)
    Cleese sgd MoL 1sh
    Masters of Universe Blade sgd figure & stills , Teela sgd still (almost 30 yrs later I meet them , amazing)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    The Nobel prize for literature is in trouble. You know, the prize the Swedes gave Camus, Sartre, Churchill, Hemingway and Bob Dylan. The prize is awarded by Svenska Akademien, an institution almost as old as the US constitution. Now the members are resigning one by one because of #metoo, #metoocorrupt and #metooleakingnamesofwinners.
    Now they are in danger of being too few to chose the next winner.
    Even worse - they are too few to admit new members!
    This is really bad. Maybe now Lee Child, Eminem and Dan Brown will never get the Nobel they deserve. :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Hi gang I'm still about , I'm using a borrowed I pad until I get my own ,so bear with me our broad band doesn't seem to be good at the mo ,as I tried to mention before we are 6miles as the crow flies from Canary Wharf ( nice one crow) so I would have thought we have better service
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    There is worry about the situation in one of Oslo's suburbs and the Minister of Justice himself has ordered more police to that area. Why? Youth gang have thrown stones and snowballs at the police :o :o
    It's 10.40 AM and the sun just reached my house :#
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    It's a lovely day here, though it was cold early on. :)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent
    Ooh you liar. It's a stinker of a day up and down the UK.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Here it is lovely :)
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent
    Hey hey hey! It's the last day of April!!

Happy Walburgis Night everybody, as per the Finnish tradition I will spend it preparing a cracking hangover for tomorrow!

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    A normal night in Finland, then? :v
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Well, at least I don't have school tomorrow (is that customary anywhere else other than Greece?), so I'll probably watch a movie or something.

(Thinking of re-watching Tomorrow Never Dies or watching L.A. Confidential for the first time.)
    a reasonable rate of return
    There is no school in Norway on the first of May. Watch LA Confidential - it's a great movie!
    Number24 wrote:

Yes yes I know, the suffering I felt yesterday was mostly my own doing.... Maybe I should take lessons from my puritanical brothers in Norway on "How to avoid, and therefore lessen the impact of, the earthly pleasures"..... 8-)
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    edited May 2018
    0073 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Yes yes I know, the suffering I felt yesterday was mostly my own doing.... Maybe I should take lessons from my puritanical brothers in Norway on "How to avoid, and therefore lessen the impact of, the earthly pleasures"..... 8-)

Stereotypes isa wonderful thing, I think I've done great work here in AJB007 to strengthen the stereotypes about Norway :D
    Sometimes they are even true!
    24, I imagine you sit around all day in bulky sweaters eating waffles.
    I think the Norwegian tourist board should send you a box of chocolates for all your work. I have learned so much from towns It's illegal to die in to Randy students shagging on roundabouts. Not to mention the national food delicacies :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Like Coke Zero!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    "Lillehammer" is a documentary, right N24?
    "Lillehammer" is a documentary, right N24?

Not quite, but Steven van Sandt was the only actor. :v

We are fond of our sweaters and I love waffles :)
    71aw_K9_WKe_DL._UX342.jpg
    edited May 2018

No no no! He eats cod, drinks fish liver oil and wipes his hands to his bushy viking beard!
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I think the Norwegian tourist board should send you a box of chocolates for all your work. I have learned so much from towns It's illegal to die in to Randy students shagging on roundabouts. Not to mention the national food delicacies :D

:)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    0073 wrote:

No no no! He eats cod, drinks fish liver oil and wipes his hands to his bushy viking beard!

No, I'm a modern man! I eat sushi and cod liver oil in pill form and my beard is no longer big enough to effectively wipe my hands.

National stereotypes are indeed wonderful. We see the Finns as swearing, hard-drinking and speaking a language no-one understands (when they chose to speak) - basically the Irish of the Nordic countries :D

Anti-welfare state propaganda has created an image of Scandinavia as the world capital of suicides.
    Here in Norway we think of Finland that way. The reason is TV. In the past our TV showed filmed theatre plays on Tuesdays. Our memory of "TV theatre" from Finland is a hairy man getting quietly and joylessly wasted on vodka, then grabbing his ax and announcing: "I'm going to the sauna to kill myself!"
    edited May 2018
    [Edited by Barbel]

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg