Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,802MI6 Agent
    Good question....
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I just remembered a conversation I had it my granpa. When my father was a boy, dynamite was easily available because he lived on a farm. WWII had just ended too, so blowing stuff up was both patriotic and cool. They made working bombes, mortar , pistols etc. I asked you grandfather if he noticed what the kids were doing back in the day.
    - Of course, I'm not blind and deaf.
    - Why didn't you stop them from blowing stuff up?
    - It was all right. Way back when I was a kid dynamite was new around here, so my father was a bit nervous around explosives - so he let me handle the dynamite. :))

Well, as I grew up in a military area (yes I am a genuine B.R.A.T = Born Raised And Trapped), as a kid we used to hunt the excercise areas for unspent ammunition and uxos to make our own bombs. If we were found out, I would usually get away with just a clipped ear and severe telling off first by the commandant of the base and later at home by my father with second serving of clipping 'round the ears.

In the current climate, that would be worth of two sets of screaming news headlines: 1) KIDS MAKING BOMBS!!!! and 2) PHYSICAL ABUSE IN MILITARY BASE!!!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    What's happening to "My weekly Bond" and Calvin? He hasn't posted anything there in sixteen months!
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    IMG_2655.png
    Thought this quite funny
    Anthony
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Now I'm back as it were, I've noticed we have a lot of new members , which is great , more people to bring in their Bond stories and collections etc , So I will say a big hallo to you all and look forward to making new friends here .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Watching Crime Watch Norway , some punks stole a mans Rolex worth 70.000 krones (!) in Stavanger , they basically just cut it off his wrist.....these guys had obviously kept an eye on this man

Cougar killed man in WA forest

Rattle snake fell from a tree into a kayak in SC (or that's what they say.....speculation it was actually swimming in the river and they decided to grab it , then it's self defense from the snake 8-)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    Watching Crime Watch Norway , some punks stole a mans Rolex worth 70.000 krones (!) in Stavanger , they basically just cut it off his wrist.....these guys had obviously kept an eye on this man

I unfortunately had the exact thing happen to me when I was out in London earlier this year.

Piccadilly in the evening on New Year’s Day wasn’t a very fun time for me. Turns out a NATO isn’t as strong as I thought. The watch was cut off while I was in a very large crowd - I didn’t even see who did it.
    Sorry to hear that JTM ,
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    R Kelly busted - again 8-)
    edited May 2018
    And now - a joke:

A Catholic priest, a Baptist and a rabbi were discussing religion. They decided the true test of their religions and powers as preachers was
    to convert a wild bear.
    A week later they met up to compare notes. The Catholic priest now had a broken arm: "The bear didn't like hearing the scripture, so it attacked me. Then I dosed the bear with holy water and now the animal is a pious Catholic."
    The Baptist was now on crutches: "I preached to the bear, but it just started wrestling me. But I managed to baptise it in the river. Now the bear is praying."
    The Rabbi was in bed, covered in plaster and hooked up to several machines that say "beep!" :
    "In retrospect it may not have been such a great idea to try circumcising the bear...." :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :))
    Like it number 24, :))
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    A Finn, a Swede and Norwegian decide to have a sauna competition; who can stand the heat longest:
    First one to quit was the Swede, after an hour he stumbles out of the sauna and faints on the doorstep......

Next was the Norwegian, after 2 hours he stumbles out of the sauna and faints......

After 6 hours, the Norwegian and the Swede grow restless; why hasn't the Finn come out of the sauna? Is he even alive anymore!?....

After 7 hours they decide to investigate; they open the door and peer inside... The Finn is still sitting there, looking a bit worse for wear, but still alive!

Amazed the others ask "Why you didn't come out earlier, surely 2 and a 1/2 hours would have been enough to win!"

Irritated the Finn answered: "Well I would have bloody well lost this whole competition, but my b@lls got stuck to a crack in the bench!!!"
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    :)) :)) :)) a couple of great jokes {[]
    :))
    Thought it amusing today when the BBC announced the wedding of Hugh Grant saying....
    ..... It was his FIRST marriage. I'm guessing they don't expect it to last. :D
    As this is random chat , this is very random ,Miichael Dorn. Who plays Mr Warf in Star Trek , is the voice of Weasle in th cartoon series I Am Weasle with I R baboon ( why no one tell IR this )
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    My 007 hundredth post! I’ve had an excellent time on here with some excellent people - a big thanks for the great memories AJB -{
    I have a question to the Bri...... to the peoples living on the islands north of France.
    At school I learnt that these islands were called the British Isles and the people living there are British.
    I wrote this in another forum. To my surprise a couple of members told me this is very controversial. The Irish supposedly call the Islands things like The Western European Islands or something like that and they are NOT BRITISH. :))
    Were my teachers right, are the two members of the other forum right, is the Irish government more than a little uptight on this issue?
    Please help!
    British Isles ,pah I live in England dear boy , :))
    Ah, Ireland where we can find " Offence " in someone saying Hello ! :))
    If a politician poses with children and animals we can be sure he's OK. :D
    I was asked today by a friend if there is or has anyone considered making a film about the early life of James Bond, covering his school years ,his parents death , his naval service ,and finally his MI6 service ,
    In the mid-80s Michael G. Wilson and Richard Maibaum came up with a similar idea and put it to Cubby Broccoli who vetoed it.

On Saturday night we were playing in a pub and someone took offence to us singing a song called "Wagon Wheel".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

We still don't know why!
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,948MI6 Agent
    I was asked today by a friend if there is or has anyone considered making a film about the early life of James Bond, covering his school years ,his parents death , his naval service ,and finally his MI6 service ,
    there was a recent thread on this very topic. Revelator provides some links in the final post.
    'The young Bond' reboot that nearly replaced The Living Daylights?
    Barbel wrote:

On Saturday night we were playing in a pub and someone took offence to us singing a song called "Wagon Wheel".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

We still don't know why!
    Very strange ? Perhaps he is not a fan of the fiddle ?