Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,806MI6 Agent
    I'd better continue before the Mods read this and I get expelled...

[Edited by Barbel]

aa_old_man_4.jpg
    AA_OLD_MAN_5.png
    AA_OLD_MAN_6.png
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    N24, apparently you have been up to no good while eating your waffles :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've always thought the lady teaching Bind a new
    Tongue in TND, says " Little" in the sexiest way :x
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    N24, apparently you have been up to no good while eating your waffles :))

To be fair they had a point regarding those jokes :v
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

No, I'm a modern man! I eat sushi and cod liver oil in pill form and my beard is no longer big enough to effectively wipe my hands.

National stereotypes are indeed wonderful. We see the Finns as swearing, hard-drinking and speaking a language no-one understands (when they chose to speak) - basically the Irish of the Nordic countries :D

Yes, this is the stereotype, and I will grab a two handed strangle hold of it any time I travel to the more gentle nordics like sweden.
    Number24 wrote:
    Anti-welfare state propaganda has created an image of Scandinavia as the world capital of suicides.
    Here in Norway we think of Finland that way. The reason is TV. In the past our TV showed filmed theatre plays on Tuesdays. Our memory of "TV theatre" from Finland is a hairy man getting quietly and joylessly wasted on vodka, then grabbing his ax and announcing: "I'm going to the sauna to kill myself!"

This is not too far from the "truth", in fact this is the way Finns in the 3 cities view everybody else.

Of the Norwegians> we see "Norske Gossen" as some one similar to Kristofer Hivju's portrayal of Steinar in the Beck.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Wait a minute..... why was the joke about Pekka and Toivonen in Berlin censored? That one was perfectly inocent.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,365Chief of Staff
    It was keeping bad company, so guilty by association.
    It's only logical..... :))
    What many may not realise is that the reason I posted the jokes (both the nice one about the bombing of Berlin and the others) for the greater good. I was on a scientific mission to map the limits of free speech here in AJB007, a sort of Scott and Amundsen of the digital frontier. I can safety say I have gathered much valuable data today. :v
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I think Higgins used much the same approach in the 'Short Lived Non Argumentative Political thread :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    (Googling "famous German explorers......)
    I don't know where to post this, so I posted it here. Just now I read that Ohio is the first US state to get a "free-ranging" parenting law. In other words: parents there can let their children got the park by themselves without risk of getting arrested for neglect or child services taking their kids away.
    I realise not all communities are as safe as the one I grew up in, but this sounds extreme.
    Americans accuse us of having a "nanny state" and giving up personal freedom and responibility, but no-one has suggested laws against children playing on their own here.
    It seems odd how the times have changed. I remember as a kid, never being in the house.
    I was always out with friends, wandering around the fields, there was also a couple of
    old Quarries. With old rusty cranes, and equipment sprinkled about. So we had many adventures,
    with swimming in the summer, Diving off the edge of the Quarry etc. Yet I honestly don't
    think it was any more dangerous then as it is now.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,365Chief of Staff
    Yes, I feel the same. Though sometimes I did crazy stuff my parents would have freaked out about- this particular bridge

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

aa_old_man_4.jpg

being the location of some of them!
    That's how I remember it too. But to be honest there are two types of people within walking distance from where I sit now: people I have known since I was born and people I've known since they were born.
    That's how it was when I grew up too. Not all places are like that.
    I just remembered a conversation I had it my granpa. When my father was a boy, dynamite was easily available because he lived on a farm. WWII had just ended too, so blowing stuff up was both patriotic and cool. They made working bombes, mortar , pistols etc. I asked you grandfather if he noticed what the kids were doing back in the day.
    - Of course, I'm not blind and deaf.
    - Why didn't you stop them from blowing stuff up?
    - It was all right. Way back when I was a kid dynamite was new around here, so my father was a bit nervous around explosives - so he let me handle the dynamite. :))
    On this day in history: 132 years ago (May 8th 1886) the first glass of Coca Cola was sold -{
    Early Coca-Cola had Cocaine in it. It was only removed years later :D and was supposed to be served at room temperature not chilled.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    But on a glass coffee table.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Some may also remember May 8th is VE Day. :)
    All the raised flags in this wondful weather is a sight to see.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Just a little story about how good people can be. A goldsmith is down the street from my office and I walk over to visit the shop's dog. My Mom passed away a few weeks ago and I brought them one of her earrings to turn into a ring. They made it for me for free! People can be so sweet -{
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    This story put a smile on my face this morning, rather
    Like the effect the forgotten item has, I suppose. ;)
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/horrified-student-leaves-sex-toy-12501000
    Horrified student leaves sex toy at home !
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    My good friend N24 suggested quite a few months ago that i should post more things on life in the Philippines so I start with a cultural picture of our lovely maid posing with a popular chocolate bar - the name of the bar will have some resonance with the Brits on this site :)) Picture is posted with her permission.

Nockers.jpg
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    :)) I am very fond of Nockers. Perhaps wash it down with a mouthful of .....

000a.jpg
    My good friend N24 suggested quite a few months ago that i should post more things on life in the Philippines so I start with a cultural picture of our lovely maid posing with a popular chocolate bar - the name of the bar will have some resonance with the Brits on this site :)) Picture is posted with her permission.

Nockers.jpg
    I think I'm becoming a fan of the culture of the Phillipines :))
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent

Nockers.jpg
    You're such a geek.
    :))
    a reasonable rate of return
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    Well, I've been called many things in my life but this is the first time anyone has called me a geek so I will add it to the list :))

I've always thought a geek was some spotty teenager stuck in his bedroom behind his laptop 24/7 instead of going out with his mates chatting up girls but I obviously have the wrong connotation but happy to be considered a teenager when I am in my seventh decade :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Nockers.jpg
    You're such a geek.
    :))

What’s geeky about that??