Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    Well, we don't have a fiddler so we replaced that with a mandolin. Around Glasgow (we were in East Kilbride) certain songs must not be sung by a pub band for fear of offending those of few brain cells (eg "Simply The Best" is right out, as is anything even vaguely Irish) but it's the first time we've heard about that song.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Was any reason given, as it seems a very innocent middle of the road tune.
    A chap over here Nathan Carter had a big hit with it, and he's English ! :))
    In fact I think it's been " Covered " by many performers. Unless it's a protest
    about Wagon Wheels getting smaller. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Only that one or other faction did not approve, since it apparently "belonged" to the other faction. News to us!
    :)) Can't beat a good faction.

" Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front."
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    If only it were that simple! :#
    I loved this song on Eurovision , I don't know what group will claim it, But damn I liked
    it so much I downloaded their album :D
    https://youtu.be/p7jHz5asMs8
    Waylon, Outlaw in 'em
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Ah, Ireland where we can find " Offence " in someone saying Hello ! :))

On Saturday night we were playing in a pub and someone took offence to us singing a song called "Wagon Wheel".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

We still don't know why!

I think it's obvious. When I wee fella, a Wagon Wheel was the size of a dinner plate whereas today they're no bigger than the average Peak Freans fruit crème. It's disgraceful how they've shrunk, but a box of them still costs the same as before!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    What's happening to James Bond Radio and My Weekly Bond?
    Calvin hasn't made anything in seven months! Does anyone know why?
    Hopefully the news about Bond25 and the release of "Forever and a day" will lead to something from both channels.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Calvin hasn't made anything in seven months!
    I'm not complaining. :v
    Isn't he pre-occupied with that other film channel he's working on as a collab?

However, JBR is always a joy to watch/hear.
    a reasonable rate of return
    I don't agree with Calvin on everything, but he is always entertaining :007)
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    IMG_2712.jpg
    After 13 years I've replaced my Subaru WRX for another Rex. Pretty cool I thought
    Anthony
    " How about a test drive, boy ?" :D looks fantastic, congratulations.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Peanut-Eye to Wedge-Eye.
    Nice.
    {[]
    a reasonable rate of return
    A photo from northern Sweden: :D

69877968.jpg?imageId=69877968&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=87.719298245614&width=380&height=251&compression=80
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    What's happening to James Bond Radio and My Weekly Bond?
    Calvin hasn't made anything in seven months! Does anyone know why?
    Hopefully the news about Bond25 and the release of "Forever and a day" will lead to something from both channels.

New video from Calvin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GaaIC19EeA
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

And now a joke:

There was a dance in the village. Alcohol was banned in the building, so the partygoers had to get creative. They hid the bottles in the snow banks by the road, making sure the moonshine was safe and cold. Then people could go outside and "smoke" when they felt the need.
    Suddenly the local lawman showed up. He walked calmly into the "dance hall" and past the puzzled dancers , up on the stage and grabbed the microphone. The music went quiet and the policeman spoke: "It's not really my business, but the snow plough is coming...." :))
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    RIP Anthony Bourdain. I feel lucky to have been able to see him live when he came to Philly with his show back in 2016. Time to have many negroni's this weekend in his memory.
    I talk to one of my nephews on the phone the other day. The tent they are using to camp out in the garden and the garage were robbed. We started talking about the tiny village where I live, and I realized I had never heard of a robbery here - ever. Given the fact that the same families have live here alle time, this means no break-inns for hundreds of of years. Nice. :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Many people here leave their doors unlocked and car keys in the ignition overnight.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Also nice :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I don't know if we have a topic/file on this but I had a thought whilst sitting in my seat on mothercair Flying back from holiday , We seem to have a lot of well travelled members here and not only members based here in the UK , the tentacles of AJB 007 seem to spread to all corners of our ever shrinking planet . Now my idea would be to set up a thread on holiday/ travel tips etc restraints, car hire , things to see visit , even where to get married .Any ideas on the name for this thread ? If of course any one wants to participate , if we already have something similar , then I'm sure our good buddy barbel will point me in the right direction
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I think you're okay to start one, as, please feel free! :)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    10pm over here in the Colonies but sitting down to watch the Australia v. England ODI just starting in London...going to be a rough day at work tomorrow -{
    I'm in Bergen and it's raining - for the first time in about four weeks!
    In a strange way it's nice to see things are back to normal :))
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Ugh! I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection and they're making me feel quite poorly. Last pill of the course this afternoon, so hopefully I'll be back to normal.
    It's 175 years since the birth of composer Edvard Grieg, so I'm visiting his house with family members, TV crews and lots of people from around the world. He named his house Troldhaugen ("Troll Hill) and his music is played here live for 24 hours straight i honour of his birthday. Very nice :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Few people other than classical music fans or people outside of Norway would likely have heard of Grieg, yet almost everyone knows his "In the Hall of the Mountain King."

Please give him my best wishes!
    :007)
    Troldhaugen is a fantastic property,. If you like classical music and you ever visit Bergen, I reccomend you visit :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Do we not have a World Cup thread on at the mo,.?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?