The return of Doctor Who (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Yes that's right- I did like Pertwee, the most Bond like of Dr Who's!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't know if this is true but I have read that during the war
    Pertwee served under Fleming. :)) Although he was an action
    Man and Loved doing stunts and driving all the cars, boats and bikes. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27441329

Frank Skinner to star in Doctor Who

Frank Skinner has long been a fan of the show.

"It's no secret that Frank's been pitching vigorously to get into Doctor Who for a while," said the show's executive producer, Steven Moffat.

"He's been volunteering to be 'third monster on the left' as long as I've been in this job."

"But now, in Jamie Mathieson's sparkling script, we finally have a part that can showcase all of Frank's famous wit and charm. Hopefully he'll get out of my garden now."

Mathieson, a writer on Being Human, said that writing for Skinner was "very cool" - as the comedian had inspired his own career.

"I was a stand-up for a living for quite a few years," Mathieson wrote on his blog.

"When I was trying to figure out how to do it in 1996, his first two stand up videos were part of my boot camp, so there is a nice synchronicity for me to be writing lines for him to deliver nearly twenty years later."

Keeley Hawes is to play a villain named Ms Delphox in Doctor Who
    As yet, no details of the character Skinner will play have been revealed.

He previously appeared in the one-off comedy homage The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot, where he played a Dalek operator.

Currently, the comedian is touring the UK with his stand-up show Frank Skinner: Man in a Suit. He also hosts BBC One's Room 101 and the Saturday morning Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio - for which he won a Radio Academy Award earlier this week.

Talking about his role in Doctor Who, Skinner said: "I love this show.

"I subscribe to Doctor Who magazine, I've got a Tardis ringtone, a five-foot cardboard Dalek in my bedroom and - when I got the call saying they wanted me to read for the part, I was in the back of my tour bus watching episode three of The Sensorites."

He joins other previously announced guest stars including Samuel Anderson, Ben Miller and Keeley Hawes.

The new series will begin this autumn.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Really cannot stand Frank Skinner :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    He wouldn't be my favourite comedian but as he's a fan, I'm sure
    He'll give it 100%. :D
    How about Moore for the Master? -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Noticed in the Radio Times in the old-super-duper market is ramping up the return of WHO with an interview with Capaldi.

Cover even is the photo we've seen of him with his hand pointing like his riffing Hugh Grant doing the Pointer Sister's Jump (for my love) in LOVE ACTUALLY.
    And in the same Sifi vein, Harrison Ford might be doing Blade Runner 2
    http://www.mtv.co.uk/harrison-ford/news/harrison-ford-wanted-for-blade-runner-sequel
    In DW, apparently Skinner will be playing a character called The Tosser.

The Doctors greatest Enemy -{

The Doctors greatest Enemy -{

Really wristy character
    Is he an enemy or the Doctor's right hand ............. Man ! :))
    Gets lonely in the Tardis. Not every assistant's as comely as others.

That's where Skinner's character comes in.
    He has Female Assistants? Loneliness does not exist within the Tardis :))
    Congratulations to the Dr Who team, who picked up a BAFTA for the
    " Day of the Doctor ! " -{
    Moffat: Changes ahead for Dr Who
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/moffat-changes-ahead-for-dr-who-11363907512818

Steven Moffat has revealed that the next series of Doctor Who will see some major changes.
    Just watching Dr Who : The city of death ! ( on the horror channel ) with
    Julian Glover and Catherine Schell - FYEO & OHMSS :))
    The good Dr wins another Poll. {[]
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/doctor-farewell-best-scifi-scene-11363914365411

The Doctor's farewell to companion Rose Tyler in Doctor Who has been named the greatest scene in science fiction by fans.
    Just missed out on meeting Mr Capaldi by a mere few seconds before a Mercedes whisked him away after what I'm sure they said was his final day of filming in Cardiff City Centre!!!!

Arrgghh!!! Gutted does not begin to describe how I feel right now!
    :# I'm sure you are gutted.
    No, much worse than that TP! This was Mr Capaldi resplendent in full 12th (? I've lost count) Doctor regalia. He'd been filming most of the day and signing/posing for photos but I'd just missed it - bloody work!
    What an Opportunity, would have been brilliant ! As the Americans
    Might say " I feel your pain ": :# Still you never know some reshooting
    Could happen. ;)
    Fingers crossed!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/doctor-who-series-8-trailer-watch-peter-capaldi-as-the-new-time-lord-9575444.html

Doctor Who series 8 trailer: Watch Peter Capaldi as the new Time Lord !
    Only a teaser, but the excitement is building. :D
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/doctor-who-bumps-into-an-old-enemy-in-cardiff-11363916006816

Doctor Who bumps into an old enemy – in Cardiff !
    New Doctor, same old foe as Cybermen stalk the Time Lord and friends on the streets of the Welsh capital.

doctor_who_cybermen_136391600660803901_140702104.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/doctor-who-bumps-into-an-old-enemy-in-cardiff-11363916006816

Doctor Who bumps into an old enemy – in Cardiff !
    New Doctor, same old foe as Cybermen stalk the Time Lord and friends on the streets of the Welsh capital.

doctor_who_cybermen_136391600660803901_140702104.jpg

There is also supposed to be a Cyberman head from the 60's in that episode.
    YNWA 97
    Interesting. -{ , I suppose you were just a young man in the 60s :p ;)
    But Damn doesn't Peter Capaldi , look so cool as the Doctor. -{