The return of Doctor Who (SPOILERS)

Comments

• FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    This news does come as a sadness but things move on. Does this mean that the character of Rose will leave the Doctor's side or will be replaced with a different actor?
    Also, when they were filming episode 13, I'm sure everyone certainly didn't know, that Christopher Eccleston would be leaving as the Doctor. So, my sort of question is; will the Doctor regenerate in like the first episode of the new series, and CE will just come back to do a scene or 2, leading up to and including the Doctor's regeneration?
    Another thing, any idea when the new series will be on TV?
    Yesterday was certainly an interesting day at school! :)) I'm sorry about laughing early but it really was quite a funny day. Practically everyone that I am ever associated with at school(that's most of my year) watch Doctor Who. So on Monday everyone kept on saying repeatedly: "Muuuuuummy," "Are you my Mummy?" "Please let me in Mummy; I'm scared of the bombs," :)) It was hilarious! :)) We'd be working and all of a sudden a whole load of people would break out "Please let me in Mummy; I'm scared of the bombs," :)) I almost feel sorry for our teachers! I said almost!
    We might be grown teenagers, but we all still thought it was a pretty freaky and at a few parts scary episode!
    To keep myself from blowing up with excitment this week, I'm going to have to keep watching last week's episode repeatedly.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited May 2005
    Quoting FelixLeiter007:
    This news does come as a sadness but things move on. Does this mean that the character of Rose will leave the Doctor's side or will be replaced with a different actor?
    The character of Rose will leave the Doctor's side. The Doctor will pick up another travelling companion, old or young, male or female, British or foreign. Indeed, human or alien. Or even android. Who's to know?
    Quoting FelixLeiter007:
    Also, when they were filming episode 13, I'm sure everyone certainly didn't know, that Christopher Eccleston would be leaving as the Doctor. So, my sort of question is; will the Doctor regenerate in like the first episode of the new series, and CE will just come back to do a scene or 2, leading up to and including the Doctor's regeneration?
    When they completed the production of Series 1, it was unknown whether it would be commissioned for a second series. That decision was only taken on initial audience reaction. So the ending of Series 1 is expected to be open-ended. That is, it won't be a cliffhanger of the type seen on Saturday night. It is expected that (SPOILER!!!) the Doctor will be left for dead, or missing somewhere, with Rose at the helm of the TARDIS on her own. If the show was never to return, then we'd assume the Doctor was completely dead. However, it leaves it open for the show to come back either with the same actor, or a different one.

The BBC were sort of caught lying about the nature of Eccleston's departure - they released a statement "by" him, which wasn't actually by him at all. So the story goes that he only agreed to one series anyway - if it was a big hit, then he'd have successfully relaunched it and the BBC would go for a cheaper actor, leaving Eccelston to continue the projects he wants (filming the series takes 9 months, so he'd pass up a lot of parts).

We do know that there will be a Christmas special in December, it is expected that the loose ends will be tied up then. Whether Eccelston features in that yet, we don't know.
    Quoting FelixLeiter007:
    End of March 2006. Filming begins in July, in Cardiff.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    RUMOURS - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Here are some of the rumours that I have come across. So, if you don't wan't to know about them I recommend that you look elsewhere.

In Boom Town (Episode 11) an alien featured in one of the current series previous episodes will return.

Bad Wolf (Episode 12) will be set on Satellite 5. Yes, that's the same Satellite 5 from The Long Game, but a century later.

It's almost certain that the Dalek's will return in force at some point during episodes 12 & 13, but will there be a new type of Dalek?

A number of endings have been filmed for Parting of the Ways (Episode 13). Apparently, one of them left open the opportunity for a new actor (David Tennant) to make his first appearance as the Doctor. Christopher Eccleston will not feature in the Christmas special.
    Quoting FelixLeiter007:
    End of March 2006. Filming begins in July, in Cardiff.[/quote]

Thank you for all your answers M5; they were most appreciated. But 2006! I can't wait that long! I'll just have to deal with the weekend morning ones. They might have really bad special effects that you can see straight through, but all in all, they're not that bad. I wouldn't even mind the old black and white ones.
    edited May 2005
    Last night's episode was magnificent! Not as sacry as the previous, but still fantastic. Again, unfortunately, I missed the beginning which I shall be watching some time today or tomorrow. The first part of which I managed to see kept making me jump which in the end I found quite hilarious. :)) Wonderful episode. :)
    I've just back tracked my posts and found that I didn't post Felix's Favourite Funny Line for last week's episode. So I shall post it now and then post last night's later today, or sometime tomorrow.
    Doctor: You're very sick.
    Doctor Constantine: Dying I should think; I just haven't been able to find the time.

SPOILERS
    Can't wait till next week's. Absolutely delighted to hear that the Slytheen will be back!
    And though I forgot to mention it in my previous post, I'll be delighted to see the Daleks in force! :) My brother and his mate will be happy, as they said they found it rather boring with just one Dalek. They'd probably have appreciated the old episodes with the Daleks in force. 8-)
    Another thing that would be nice if the Daleks returned in force, was if (as Robinson suggested) they were a new type of Dalek, and considerably more scary. The original Daleks no longer seem to have many people hiding behind the sofa, so it would be nice if they were updated and that could happen. :)
    Finally, if that was all to happen, there'd have to be a lot of explaining of how those Daleks survived. Unless they were updated ones and had only recently been created, but basing them upon the original. 8-)
    END SPOILERS

I'm going to stop now as I'm beginning to confuse even myself. :s

ONE LAST QUESTION
    But one last thing (this one is really the last one), when watching Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3, they were talking about the science of Doctor Who. They kept showing clips of the Doctor speaking technobabble. I was just wondering; does anyone else, but me, follow what he's going on about? ?:)
    I understood it practically all the time, when they were showing the clips. It made perfect sense...to me that is. I was wondering if anyone else understood him? And if not, what on Earth - wait, maybe that's not quite right. What the flippen heck does that make me? :s
    Thank you for your time for reading the whole of this post. I am thanking you because it is very long, but is everything I wish to say. Also, thank you in advance to all who answer my final quiery.

FelixLeiter007
    -{ :)
    edited June 2005
    Well, I've basically stopped writing about every episode because I'm fed up going on about how great they are, but that doesn't mean I've stopped watching the series. Far from it - I think The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances have been a fantastic two-part adventure, with another fascinating character in the form of Jack Harkness. Gratitous Union Flag waving though, not only on Billie's chest ;) but in the dialogue as well - and well placed, right after VE day the Blitz-themed storyline was eerie, eerie, eerie, but also deeply touching. Particularly the Nancy/Rose scene:
    Rose: "OK, we're time travellers from the future"
    Nancy (looking at the searchlights and almost drowned out by bomb blasts): "What future?"
    Rose: "YOUR future. I was born in this city, 50 years from now."
    Nancy: "But you're not German?"
    Rose: "No! The Germans don't come here. You win! You win, Nancy! Though don't tell anyone I told ya..."

And the Doctor dances - how cool is that? :D Though if the prediction of "He's a 51st Century guy, he'll take anything he can get" is remotely true, I'm glad I'll be dead by then ;)

However!! Future news for the Bad Wolf episode, the penultimate in the series.

MAJOR HUMOUR SPOILER!! Well, clues as to who'll be in it and what they'll actually be doing...

"Big Brother house, this is Davina, please do not swear"

"You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye."

"That RAF uniform is just SO what not to wear, is it Trinny?"

;)
    unitedkingdom.png
    Well, I've basically stopped writing about every episode because I'm fed up going on about how great they are, but that doesn't mean I've stopped watching the series.

Same with m.....m.....mummy. Are you my mummy?

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances was a very enjoyable two-part adventure. A considerable improvement over the two-part adventure Aliens Of London/World War Three from earlier in the series.

I really liked the idea of setting the whole story during one night at the height of the London Blitz in 1941. It was chilling, eerie, evocative and amusing. Great cameo from Richard Wilson as Dr. Constantine. I bet there where kids hiding behind sofa's when his face morphed into a gas mask. Nancy was a fabulous character and would have made a great companion for the Doctor, in my opinion. Captain Jack Harkness was a better character than I thought he was going to be after seeing the trailer to The Empty Child and I look forward to the continuing banter/rivalry between him and the Doctor.

Speaking of the Doctor, it was great to see that he had a more pro-active role during this two parter. Numerous times during this series he has been sidelined while others have saved the day.
    However!! Future news for the Bad Wolf episode, the penultimate in the series.

MAJOR HUMOUR SPOILER!! Well, clues as to who'll be in it and what they'll actually be doing...

"Big Brother house, this is Davina, please do not swear"

"You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye."

"That RAF uniform is just SO what not to wear, is it Trinny?"

;)

This is not news to me. When I found out about this I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. I still don't know.

Who or what is the Bad Wolf? Could it be the Doctor or Rose, maybe it's Captain Jack Harkness, Adam or Mickey? How about the Emperor Dalek, the Master or A N Other? Not long to find out.
    Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

You don't know everything.

Clues, Revelations, Theories.

Is the Bad Wolf an object?
    Is it a mistake to think it's a person? Perhaps it's an object... a unique one.

The official Bad Wolf website is now open.
    http://www.badwolf.org.uk/
    Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

You don't know everything.

Clues, Revelations, Theories.

Is the Bad Wolf an object?
    Is it a mistake to think it's a person? Perhaps it's an object... a unique one.

The official Bad Wolf website is now open.
    http://www.badwolf.org.uk/
    Unfortunately, I stumbled across a spoiler of EXACTLY what the Bad Wolf is. :( I was a bit gutted by that, but still, I'm sure it won't spoilt the episode.

It also explains A LOT and is a truly inspired, very clever, and very contemporary twist. Indeed, perhaps a warning for us all.
    unitedkingdom.png
    Unfortunately, I stumbled across a spoiler of EXACTLY what the Bad Wolf is. :( I was a bit gutted by that, but still, I'm sure it won't spoilt the episode.

It also explains A LOT and is a truly inspired, very clever, and very contemporary twist. Indeed, perhaps a warning for us all.

I did notice that you typed what and not who the Bad Wolf is. A red herring, perhaps? :D

To be honest, I have been surprised at the lack of spoilers about EXACTLY who or what the Bad Wolf is. I thought it would have been all over the media and internet by now.

I am glad that you found the answer inspiring and clever. I hope I feel the same. You were a bit gutted about finding out, that's a shame. However, just imagine if the answer had made no sense at all? What a major disappointment that would have been.
    edited June 2005
    I did notice that you typed what and not who the Bad Wolf is. A red herring, perhaps? :D
    To kick dust over the tracks, would you refer to an alien as a who or a what? ;)
    To be honest, I have been surprised at the lack of spoilers about EXACTLY who or what the Bad Wolf is. I thought it would have been all over the media and internet by now.
    Well, me too. I read it in an email that was sent to me and before I knew it I had read that sentence - no warning, no lead up. Just "Next week is the first of the last of this series! The Bad Wolf is..." BAM. Straight into it. X-(

It'll still be interesting to see exactly how they unveil it and explain the inconsistencies, but trust me, it makes sense. Especially when I kicked and kicked myself over not putting 2+2 together with the irrelevant stuff I knew.

However, I'm sure a small handful of Doctor Who purists will turn up their nose 8-) (but, lets face it, they'll never be pleased; I've read some of the reviews on Outpost Gallifrey and you really want to grab them by the throat and say "16 years!!!!! Would you rather nothing??!?!" ;) )
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited June 2005
    Once again, a BIG mention to the Drwg Blaidd, very cleverly hidden in Welsh until the Doctor actually comments that the words have been following them around, with the agreement of Rose, before laughing it off as a coincidence - who thought with the serious build up and dramatic incidental music that all would be revealed? ;)

Only two more episodes to go, both part of the same storyline. With the trailer now shown for next weeks episode (and proof that the Daleks are certainly alive and exterminating! Wow! The hairs on the back of my neck rose with that last second of the trailer!) Can anyone guess what the Bad Wolf is? ;) Hint...you've seen it now.

Oh, and they've got Ann Robinson SO wrong. She's much more evil than that... 8-)
    unitedkingdom.png
    I wonder what these words mean? They were reflected on to the Tardis at the end of Boom Town.

IN THESE STONES
    DR HORIZONS
    S AWEN SING

Another enjoyable episode. It was as much to do with morals (or the lack of), and the choices that we make in life, as it was to do with Margaret Slitheen, the Tardis and the time rift.

Who said life is fair? Why should a murderer like Margaret Slitheen be given a second chance at life when all Rose want's is a second chance with her boyfriend Mickey?

What would you do if you were in the same position as the Doctor? He effectively becomes Margaret Slitheen's judge, jury and executioner when she informs him that she is under penalty of death if ever she is returned to her home planet (don't ask me to spell it, never mind pronounce it). At least intially, the Doctor has no qualms about this (and why should he?), but by the premature ending of the wonderful restaurant sequence Margaret has cleverly, if you'll forgive the pun, turned the tables slightly and put a little doubt in his mind.

Coming next. Big Brother, The Weakest Link, What Not To Wear and the Daleks. It's difficult to choose which one of those is the most evil. :D
    edited June 2005
    I wonder what these words mean? They were reflected on to the Tardis at the end of Boom Town.

IN THESE STONES
    DR HORIZONS
    S AWEN SING
    You've obviously not been to Cardiff ;) This is just part of the inscription along the front of the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay. The TARDIS was parked outside it.

[img=http://www.bakerlite.co.uk/pics/Wales/South Wales/Cardiff/Bay/Millenium-Centre-4.jpg]The inscription reads: Creu Gwir[/img]In These Stones
    Fel Gwydr Horizons
    O Ffwrnais Awen Sing
    unitedkingdom.png
    You've obviously not been to Cardiff ;) This is just part of the inscription along the front of the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay. The TARDIS was parked outside it.

The inscription reads:

Creu Gwir In These Stones
    Fel Gwydr Horizons
    O Ffwrnais Awen Sing

I have been to Cardiff once. In 1987, I spent a day there with a couple of friends. We spent the morning at Cardiff Castle and then ambled along to the city centre to take in some food and drink, and also to take in the atmosphere. This was followed by the main event, the reason for our trip to Cardiff, to see U2 perform at Cardiff Arms Park.

Thanks for the info about the inscription. The way it was deliberately reflected on to the Tardis at the end of Boom Town made me wander if this was in some way mean't to be a clue or reference about Bad Wolf.
    Thanks for the info about the inscription. The way it was deliberately reflected on to the Tardis at the end of Boom Town made me wander if this was in some way mean't to be a clue or reference about Bad Wolf.
    Nah, just a reflection of national pride from the Welsh producers getting their chance to showcase Cardiff!
    unitedkingdom.png
    I have been attempting to solve the riddle of who or what the Bad Wolf is based on clues from the eleven episodes shown so far. Here are most of my thought's. Don't laugh too much, Moonraker 5. :D

In The End Of The World. The Moxx of Balhoon talks about "the classic Bad Wolf scenario" whilst being trapped on Platform One (a space station orbiting the Earth). Well, episode 12 (Bad Wolf) is set on a space station orbiting the Earth (Satellite 5?) and it seems that the Doctor, Rose and Jack Harkness are trapped and forced to participate in deadly reality tv shows (on Bad Wolf tv?).

In The Unquiet Dead. Gwyneth looks into Rose's mind and sees the Bad Wolf. What indeed does Gwyneth see?

In Aliens of London/World War Three. A child graffiti's Bad Wolf onto the Tardis. Could this child be a young Adam? Personally, I don't believe that he is the Bad Wolf, but I can't help feeling that he must play a part somewhere because he was taken back home by the Doctor and left abandoned with all that advanced knowledge in his head.

In Dalek. "Bad Wolf One descending." I am pretty sure that Bad Wolf One refers to Henry Van Statten, the billionaire owner of Geocomtex and the internet, if I am not mistaken. I don't believe that he is the Bad Wolf, but he could be the benchmark for who the Bad Wolf is, e.g. extremely rich, extremely influential and powerful, owner of huge corporation/s.

In The Long Game. Set on Satellite 5 (a space station orbiting the Earth) in 200,000 a.d. Bad Wolf tv is broadcasting from Satellite 5.

In Father's Day. Bad Wolf is sprayed across a poster with a smiley face, dated 20-11-87, and the word energize. The only relevance to me seems to be the date. Change 20-11-87 to 201,187 a.d. and could this be the date for the setting of episode 12 (Bad Wolf)?

In The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. A German bomb with the words "Schlechter Wolf" written on it. In Boom Town. The Blaidd Drwg (Bad Wolf) nuclear power station project. I think these clues refer to the major Dalek invasion of Earth which will involve nuclear weapons and much devastation. I don't believe that the Daleks are the Bad Wolf (or Davros). Perhaps the Daleks have formed an alliance with the Bad Wolf to destroy humanity. Or, they have they been lured into a trap by the Bad Wolf which involves the extinction of the Earth and the Daleks at the same time?

Perhaps Bad Wolf refers to a combination of things e.g. reality tv, the internet, huge powerful and influential corporations, the mega rich etc. A comment about today's society, perhaps?
    edited June 2005
    One of the several possible scenarios you've rounded down to is more or less spot on. ;) You may not have the exact detailing or explanation right, but one of the above listed is closer to correct than you could get at this point.
    unitedkingdom.png
    One of the several possible scenarios you've rounded down to is more or less spot on. ;) You may not have the exact detailing or explanation right, but one of the above listed is closer to correct than you could get at this point.

Well, maybe I'm not all that dumb after all? Don't answer that. :D

The more I think about Bad Wolf the more certain I am becoming about which of those several possible scenarios is the right one.

The official BBC website has been updated. Included is a "live feed" from the "Big Brother" house. You can find out some not very interesting information about the Doctor, Rose and Jack Harkness amongst others. There is also the chance to win the prize of a lifetime, but you have to be quick...and I mean quick. :D

http://bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
    edited June 2005
    WARNING!!! This post is riddled with SPOILERS. If you have not seen tonight's episode, or awaiting broadcast in your country, and do not want the build up to the series climax spoiled, STOP READING NOW!!

FOOKING HELL!!! Well, MNL, you now know that one of your guesses was as right as it could be, the Bad Wolf Corporation is a television company, and humanity in the future is being manipulated by them through television shows, including Big Brother, The Weakest Link (Anne Robinson wasn't evil enough) and What Not to Wear. The Doctor is also clearly being manipulated by them, since the end of the Time War. Because the owners of Bad Wolf were in that Time War, supposedly destroyed, but now we know otherwise. The Daleks have been behind the Bad Wolf all along, gathering their strength for their assault on Earth.

And the sight of dozens and dozens of them, in the last 2 minutes, really made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Bloomin' heck indeed. And what a closing line:

Doctor: "I'm going to rescue Rose, right in the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I'm going to wipe out every stinking last one of ya!"
    Dalek: "But you have no weapons. No plan."
    Doctor: "Yeah. And doesn't that just terrify the hell out of you!"

But the bit that really got me jumping was hearing THAT voice in the trailer for the last episode.

Doctor: "How did you survive the Time War?"
    Unseen 'Dalek': "They survived...through me."

DAVROS?!?!?!?!? :o :o :o Yeehaaaaaaa!!! Bring it on!!!!!

Wow! I've never been a massive Doctor Who fan. I watched the Davison and Baker 2 years, but that's been about it. This series, however, has been SPECTACULAR!!

The holographic projection of the Doctor in the TARDIS also warns us of Eccelston's premature departure :(

Still, he's done wonders for this series, and the magnificent, stupendous Bille Piper as Rose. What a revelation she's been. Wonderful.

And old Cap'n Jack Harkness... I knew I'd seen him somewhere before...
    ;)" alt="Live & Kicking!! And despite his Illinois accent, which his parents don't share and he only picked up since he was 8, don't we just appear everywhere? ;)" />dinerkilt.jpg
    unitedkingdom.png
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Holy crap! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Do I really have to wait a week for the next one?

And even more depressingly, do I then have to wait 6 months for the one after that?!?!

The campaign to deify RTD starts here.

Oh, and Moonie, if you're trying to claim John Barrowman for your lot... he's one of our lot as well, so nyah ;)
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
    Well, MNL, you now know that one of your guesses was as right as it could be, the Bad Wolf Corporation is a television company, and humanity in the future is being manipulated by them through television shows, including Big Brother, The Weakest Link (Anne Robinson wasn't evil enough) and What Not to Wear. The Doctor is also clearly being manipulated by them, since the end of the Time War. Because the owners of Bad Wolf were in that Time War, supposedly destroyed, but now we know otherwise. The Daleks have been behind the Bad Wolf all along, gathering their strength for their assault on Earth.

What do you mean by one of my guesses? I knew the answer all along. :D The more I thought about the Bad Wolf the more this type of scenario made sense.
    And the sight of dozens and dozens of them, in the last 2 minutes, really made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Bloomin' heck indeed.

The first thing that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up was that epic sound (like an electronic heartbeat) emanating around the Dalek spaceship as Rose woke up inside it. That sound goes all the way back to the original Dalek story in 1963. Yes, and the sight of all those Daleks at the end of the episode was pretty awesome.

But the bit that really got me jumping was hearing THAT voice in the trailer for the last episode.

Doctor: "How did you survive the Time War?"
    Unseen 'Dalek': "They survived...through me."

DAVROS?!?!?!?!? :o :o :o Yeehaaaaaaa!!! Bring it on!!!!!

The first thing that came to my mind when the unseen 'Dalek' says: "They survived...through me." was the lone Dalek from episode 6. After the lone Dalek had regenerated itself the first thing it said was: "The Daleks survive...in me." Is there a possible connection here?
    Wow! I've never been a massive Doctor Who fan. I watched the Davison and Baker 2 years, but that's been about it. This series, however, has been SPECTACULAR!!

I have been a fan of Doctor Who since approx 1972 when Jon Pertwee was the Doctor. I was (and still am) a big fan of Pertwee and he remains my favourite Doctor. I was a regular viewer through the Tom Baker and Peter Davison years, but my interest waned considerably after that because I was not a fan of Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy and I didn't like the look the style and the direction of the series at that time. The less said about the Paul McGann tv movie the better.
    The holographic projection of the Doctor in the TARDIS also warns us of Eccelston's premature departure :(

Still, he's done wonders for this series, and the magnificent, stupendous Bille Piper as Rose. What a revelation she's been. Wonderful.

Eccleston's departure is the only major downside of the series for me. The timing of the announcement of his departure was appalling. It left a sour taste, but not for long. He has done wonders for this series and I am trying now to look at it from a positive viewpoint in that it was better to have Christopher Eccleston for one series than not have him at all.

Billie Piper has not been such a revelation to me. What I mean by that is, I saw her in The Canterbury Tales, so I already knew that she was a very capable actress. Wonderful, indeed.
    And old Cap'n Jack Harkness... I knew I'd seen him somewhere before...
    Live & Kicking!!

Live & Kicking was after my time. In my day it was Swap Shop & Tiswas. John Barrowman is a good actor and plays old Cap'n Jack Harkness well. And he can do the humour also. "O.K. the de-fabricator....does exactly what it says on the tin. Am I naked in front of millions of viewers?" "Absolutely." "Ladies....your viewing figures just wen't up."

One other matter about tonight's episode. It would have been nice to learn more about The Controller. I would like to have known more about her background e.g. Why was she chosen to be The Controller at the age of five?
    edited June 2005
    Oh, and Moonie, if you're trying to claim John Barrowman for your lot... he's one of our lot as well, so nyah ;)
    I had to think about that one for a bit, but now I know what you mean...!
    The first thing that came to my mind when the unseen 'Dalek' says: "They survived...through me." was the lone Dalek from episode 6. After the lone Dalek had regenerated itself the first thing it said was: "The Daleks survive...in me." Is there a possible connection here?
    Didn't think of that MNL, you could be right there. The only thing is, how would they explain the Dalek's destruction (it appeared to blow itself up, anyway) and how could one Dalek, which was mutating into something else at the time of its "destruction", recreate the fleet or intervene to save them? Oh, questions questions!!
    unitedkingdom.png
    Sorry I've been away for a while but Im back now and thought I'd post here first!
    FelixLeiter's Favourite Funny Line is now being updated.

Episode 10: The Doctor Dances 28th May

Doctor: Go-to-your-room! *slowly but surely all the zombies return to their beds* I’m really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words!

Doctor: I have got a sonic, er – never mind.
    Jack: What?!
    Doctor: It’s sonic – ok – let’s leave it at that!
    Jack: Disrupter, cannon – what?!
    Doctor: It’s sonic totally sonic, erm sonic galore!
    Jack: A sonic what?!
    Doctor: Screwdriver!
    Rose: Doctor? *sonic sound and they fall through the floor* Ah! *sonic sound and the hole is filled* Doctor? Are you ok?
    Doctor: Could of given us a warning.
    Rose: Oh the gratitude.
    Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
    Doctor: I do!
    Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks – ooooh - this could be a little more sonic?
    Doctor: What have you never been bored?
    Rose: Gotta be a light switch!
    Doctor: Never had a long night – lot of cupboards to put up?
    *MUMMY! MUMMY! MUMMY! MUMMY!*

Episode 11: Boom Town 4th June

Blonde Slytheen: Only a killer would know that.

Episode 12: Bad Wolf 11th June The Daleks are back!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady: That’s archive 6! That’s out of bounds!
    Jack: *holds guns up, crossed across his chest* Do I look like an out of bounds sort of guy?

I don't know if that cam out good cause I just copied it from a Word Document.
    Yesteraday's episode rocked! I'm still trying to work out whether I was scared of the Daleks or just really excited! I was with my boyfriend and we watched it in my room. We were both jumping up and down as we watched it (no I DON'T mean like that!). :))
    When it said 'Anne Droid', I thought it meant like in the old episodes 'android'. :))
    Im still watching the old episodes but missed yesterday's cause my dad wanted to watch the Rugby and I couldn't find anyone to tape it for me. If anyone can remember or knows what hapenned in the last 2 episodes of Terminus, in Season 20, I would most appreciate it.
    Next weekend will be good cause they're showing the 20th Anniversary Special. I can't wait! But I'm more excited about next Saturday night's one. I'll be watching it again with my boyfriend as he really likes it too. :)
    Finally, I've just tried to change my avatar, when it has (I've never tried before) tell me what you think. :) Thanks.
    AVOID THE INTERNET!

Remain Pure - give it up for a week. (And I am not talking about sex here) :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/avoid.shtml

This Saturday sees the biggest episode of Doctor Who ever, full of jaw dropping surprises, amazing revelations and more Daleks than even you can imagine.

Up until now the episode's been kept an absolute secret - there were fake scripts, fake scenes were shot - and no preview tapes have been issued. It's such a secret that not even bbc.co.uk's Fear Forecasters have been allowed to see it.

But all that will change this week - publicity pictures will appear tomorrow, and there's a screening for the press on Wednesday, so stuff will leak out. Our best advice to you - STAY OFF THE INTERNET THIS WEEK!

Especially as bbc.co.uk is running a video teaser every day at noon. It's also shown on BBC One through the day, and at 8pm every night - so step firmly away from the television at those times.

You'll also be missing out on changes to our spin-off sites such as www.badwolf.org.uk and one or two special treats on bbc.co.uk. Avoid them - they're only there to lead you into temptation.

So - we'll see you on Saturday evening after the last episode of Doctor Who Confidential(which contains a few surprises of it's own).

We'll miss you, but it's for your own good.

MNL Don't say I didn't warn you.

The biggest episode of Doctor Who ever. That's rather a bold statement. The Parting Of The Ways hasn't got all that much to live up to then, has it?

How about these for teasers. Why is the Bad Wolf Corporation broadcasting early 21st Century tv programmes like Big Brother, The Weakest Link and What Not To Wear in the year 200,100 a.d? Could Adam be the link?

What's happened to all the humans that have been transmatted to the Dalek fleet. Have they become slaves? Or have they been mutated into Daleks?

Will Captain Jack Harkness survive? Will we find out what happened to him in those two missing years?

Who booms "The Daleks survived...through me." Is it the lone Dalek from episode 6, or is it Jackie Tyler? :))

Questions, questions. I am getting a headache.
    Bad Wolf Unsolved

http://www.badwolf.org.uk/unsolved.html

Secret out there, says Russell T Davies.

Have you solved the mystery of Bad Wolf, the cryptic hidden messages spread across this season of Doctor Who?

Well, no. You haven't. At least, not according to Executive Producer Russell T Davies, who has been keeping an eager eye on the various theories about who or what the Bad Wolf could be:

"Judging from the reactions I've had, a lot of people seem to think the Bad Wolf has already been revealed. Oh, it's the TV station. Oh, it's half a million Daleks. I've even got one friend claiming it's the Face of Boe. I must get better friends.

"I don't wan't to give anything away yet, but there is another revelation to come in Saturday's episode. We haven't discovered the true Bad Wolf yet."
    edited June 2005
    Bad Wolf Unsolved

http://www.badwolf.org.uk/unsolved.html

Secret out there, says Russell T Davies.

Have you solved the mystery of Bad Wolf, the cryptic hidden messages spread across this season of Doctor Who?

Well, no. You haven't. At least, not according to Executive Producer Russell T Davies, who has been keeping an eager eye on the various theories about who or what the Bad Wolf could be:

"Judging from the reactions I've had, a lot of people seem to think the Bad Wolf has already been revealed. Oh, it's the TV station. Oh, it's half a million Daleks. I've even got one friend claiming it's the Face of Boe. I must get better friends.

"I don't wan't to give anything away yet, but there is another revelation to come in Saturday's episode. We haven't discovered the true Bad Wolf yet."
    With this in mind, and the message above to avoid t'internet, I'm going to do just that and stay well clear.

RTD has also ruled out the Daleks' appearance in Series 2... I'm just glad he's not done the same about the Cybermen or The Master (he was quoted as "well, you never know" on that one). The realisation of the simplistic looking Cyberman head in Episode 6 was just plain eerie, and it was dead! I'd love to see them back!
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited June 2005
    With this in mind, and the message above to avoid 'tinternet, I'm going to do just that and stay well clear.

I will also be staying clear from now on. I won't be buying any newspapers or visiting any Doctor Who or related websites (which includes this topic)until late Saturday night.

Be seeing you. :)
    I've just been to the site and am going to do exactly the same.
    In class I keep drawing Dalek's and TARDIS's. Loads of my mates want them so I'm going to scan and enlarge them.
    The tention is killing me for Staurday's episode also.
    I'm delighted to hear the Cybermen are coming back; it shall be interesting to see if they look like they did in the 1980s or have decided to change.
    Finally did I read correctly that the Daleks won't be making an apearance in series 2? I also read on the site something about Billie Piper appearing all the way through series 2.
    Series two is currently slated to begin in March, it was announced last night at a press screening, and will star Billie Piper throughout, with visits to alien planets and a return by the Cybermen.

Does this mean that the character of Rose won't be leaving early on in the series, as initially thought? Who knows what the future holds? Certainly nothing like we saw on last week's episode. :)) :)) :))
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Who is the new Dr Who?