Last film seen...

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Agreed -{

I think what goes against it is that virtually none of the original Cast was involved.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    I just saw "Last train from Gun Hill" (1959) by John Sturges, starring Kirk Douglas, Antony Quinn and Carolyn Jones.
    I really think it's one of the best westerns I have seen, definately among the top ten. The story reminds me of "4.10 to Yuma", but the story, acting an directing is better. The indian wife of sheriff Matt Morgan(Douglas) is raped and killed by two young men. Morgan Discovers that one of the killers is the son of an old friend of his (Quinn) who is now a feudal lord of a town. Both men are more interesting than most western characters and the plot relies more on drama than action, even if the few moments of fighting are well done. I would like to see a remake starring Viggo Mortensen, Liam Neeson and Scarlett Johansson.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    That sounds like a classic.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember that movie, it is good. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    For some Reason, I've never really been able to get into Westerns.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I enjoy a good western, they usually are simple stories of good v evil, and they're
    Not restricted by our modern laws. In the old west if someone annoyed you, or
    Stole your cattle, you could shoot them in the face and wouldn't have to worry
    About a policeman calling to your house. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sounds like the deepest, darkest Reaches of Cornwall :))
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent

Have to agree there - there just doesn't seem to be much difference between them for me, and I think the settings themselves are quite dull anyway.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent

Have to agree there - there just doesn't seem to be much difference between them for me, and I think the settings themselves are quite dull anyway.

Westerns were mass-produced back in the day and many of them were forgettable. but here is a list of westerns I would recomend:

- The Searchers (1956)

- Once upon a time in the West (1968)

- True Grit (2008)

- Last train from Gun Hill (1959)

- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

- Rio Bravo (1959)

- Red River (1948)

- The Good, the bad and the ugly (1966)

If you don't like any of those, I'll have to agree westerns probably aren't for you :#
    The only Westerns I've really ever enjoyed were Fistful of Dollars and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    They Call Me Trinity and Trinity is still my name, Django Unchained
    Support your local Sherrill, support your local Gunfighter.
    ( oddly enough the term " Gunfighter" was a movie invention and was
    never used in the old west ) ;)
    Django Unchained was rather good -{
    It's one of my top ten films of all time, great film. -{
    I like westerns with female stars:
    Hannie Caulder
    Quick & The Dead
    I would like to see Django Unchained. I'll have to watch it at some point. I do like some of Tarantino's other films, my favourites being Kill Bill Vol 1 and Resovoir Dogs.

Just watched Spider Man 3 again. It's nowhere near as good as 1 and 2, which are both somewhere in my top 10 movies, but it's not as bad as people say it is.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Just watched Spider Man 3 again. It's nowhere near as good as 1 and 2, which are both somewhere in my top 10 movies, but it's not as bad as people say it is.
    I like 3 about as much as the other two, myself. I don't mind the jam-packed Sony forced on Raimi; he still did a good job IMHO.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Sex Tape....wow :o

I'm sure this was billed as a 'comedy'...?...does comedy now mean 'big pile of stinking poo' ? ?:)

Absolutely dreadful...only worth a watch to see Cameron Diaz's bum !
    YNWA 97
    To be honest, I find most modern comedies very poor. The trailer for
    Sex tape, was enough for me to avoid it. :D
    There still are some good Comedies being made, but not all that often.
    Yes there is the odd good comedy, I'll admit but recently they all seem to be
    Variations on " The Hangover" , plenty of teen gross out films, but not too many
    Clever, sophisticated word play scripts. :D
    One of my rules is if in the trailer there's a scene of someone screaming ( in a
    Comedy) I'll give it a miss. ;) The recent trailer for " Bad Neighbours" had the same
    Joke (twice) in different ways, shown in the trailer. So if you have to repeat a joke in
    A two minute trailer, how are you going to keep the laughs up for 90 minutes. :))
    I also avoid anything with Adam Sandler, that way I miss most crap movies ! :))
    Agreed -{

If you have to resort to having the same Joke twice in the same Trailer, then you know your Films not going to be amazing.
    Comedies now are really poor. Look at the new Vacation trailer. The funniest part is just a reference to the original film. Somehow, Marvel, who produce superhero movies, produce better comedic moments than comedies.

There are a few comedies recently that get away with it, films like Ted work because of the timing and just the general character of Ted. Jump Street works because it is switching the cliches so they are with the wrong characters instead of the usual.
    Currently watching my favourite film of all time.....

Dun da da da dun, da da da duuuuuuuuun dun

The Tim Burton superhero classic that is Batman!

Best Joker, best Batman, and an overall comic book film, starring the Boba Fett of Batman......Bob.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Even that was very disappointing! Seriously, it was completely unremarkable in every way.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Yes, I love the two Tim Burton Batman films. {[] I do think Michael Keaton
    made a great Batman. -{
    made a great Batman. -{
    You have exquisite taste sir!
    But then, you already know this. {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

Even that was very disappointing! Seriously, it was completely unremarkable in every way.

Then you have been spoiled, Sir :))
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    made a great Batman. -{
    You have exquisite taste sir!
    But then, you already know this. {[]

Great films - the impact they had (bearing in mind the only live action Batman we'd seen up to that point was Adam West :o ) was incredible. Best Batsuit, best soundtrack and one of the best Batmobiles too. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I watched the Karate Killers (a Man from U.N.C.L.E. Film) last night - hadn't seen it in ages. Good to see two future Bond villains in the cast - Telly Savalas and Curt Jurgens. :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) I love the old man from uncle, I've got the box set. -{ only five films
    For some reason ?