Last film seen...

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Escape From New York

One of my all Time favorite John Carpenter Films -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, great film. Then I do enjoy those films that show the world going down the toilet. :))
    The sequel wasn't as good but did have its moments, like the harvesting of body parts
    for the plastic surgeon ( Bruce Campbell) :D Snake is such a cool character. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Agreed -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) I love the old man from uncle, I've got the box set. -{ only five films
    For some reason ?

And they missed out the three really good ones too. :# you can get a region-free box set from the USA, which has all 8 movies, from EBay - but it's pretty pricey :o
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I couldn't figure out why they didn't put them all in the set. :# and the extras
    Can only be viewed on a computer. It has to be one of the worst releases.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    The sequel wasn't as good but did have its moments, like the harvesting of body parts
    for the plastic surgeon ( Bruce Campbell) :D Snake is such a cool character. -{
    I like the sequel better because it pushes the satirical envelope farther. I mean, look at that president. THAT'S precisely what the Right wing in my country right now wants in office!!! :o :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im waiting to see the new mad max film , cant see it being as good as Gibson ,but hey ho ,
    in the Mad max posters and in the top gear magazine ,they clearly show the black interceptor ,
    but that car was totally destroyed in mad max 2, by mighty Wez ? so lets wiat and see :s
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    It is odd how EFLA, almost predicted the rise of ( just my opinion) the extreme right
    in America. -{ and Snake did look cool in that long coat. :D
    It is odd how EFLA, almost predicted the rise of ( just my opinion) the extreme right
    in America.
    "The United States Police, like an army..." Yeah, pretty amazing eh? :o
    America has the odd ( at least to me) habit of mixing religion and politics. Which
    I think should be kept separate. In many ways the extreme right in the US almost
    Mirror the religious nut jobs in the middle east. :#
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    in America.
    "The United States Police, like an army..." Yeah, pretty amazing eh? :o

Statisticaly ,there are more US police officers ,shot /wounded by each other or themselves ,than by all the crooks put together 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    In many ways the extreme right in the US almost
    I would accept that as an axiom.
    I heard today that ( I think it one of the Welsh constabularies ) wants its
    Armed officers to remove their handguns, when doing normal duties.
    Personally I can't see the problem, if a member of an armed unit has to help
    out on a normal investigation. I can't see them having to take it off and on
    Again as the need arises. Just in case the proverbial hits the fan and a fast
    Armed response is needed.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I think the police should carry guns at all times. That way, the officers won't get caught out.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Back to topic, please -{
    YNWA 97
    On the new Mad Max film, I remember the original as a low budget
    Sci-fi thriller, very violent almost a futuristic Dirty Harry with a cool
    Car.
    Yet the remake appears to be the same over the top fantasy that
    The old Mad Max 3 was. I'm sure it will be a hit with Tom Hardy, but
    I think I'll prefer the older Mel Gibson film.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Watched speed recently. The late Dennis Hopper is excellent as the baddie. Keanu Reeves sounds too much like Ted in the film though. (Unless this was intentional.)
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    im waiting to see the new mad max film , cant see it being as good as Gibson ,but hey ho ,
    in the Mad max posters and in the top gear magazine ,they clearly show the black interceptor ,
    but that car was totally destroyed in mad max 2, by mighty Wez ? so lets wiat and see :s

Yes, can't wat for it either. Thursday in IMAX, should be good. :)
    I dthe lol it takes place between 1 and 2, maybe wrong though, but that is what I have heard.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    On the new Mad Max film, I remember the original as a low budget
    Sci-fi thriller, very violent almost a futuristic Dirty Harry with a cool
    Car.
    Yet the remake appears to be the same over the top fantasy that
    The old Mad Max 3 was. I'm sure it will be a hit with Tom Hardy, but
    I think I'll prefer the older Mel Gibson film.
    This fourth one will be a strange prequel to Road Warrior... WAAAY bigger budget. I'm sure I'll like it well enough, and I'm sure it will be a big hit, but I kind of like the Max movies to look small & constrained.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    America has the odd ( at least to me) habit of mixing religion and politics. Which
    I think should be kept separate. In many ways the extreme right in the US almost

You are correct, sir. :#
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Watched speed recently. The late Dennis Hopper is excellent as the baddie. Keanu Reeves sounds too much like Ted in the film though. (Unless this was intentional.)

I do love Speed, one of my favourite action films behind Die Hard 1 & 3.

Just finished Wayne's World 2, I still think it's better than the first and still has some pretty funny scenes in it. One thing I have thought about though is how Myers uses the falling over in bed gag in this and Austin Powers (although I think it's better in the latter).

The amount of times I post about films in this topic really makes me amazed at how much spare time I have. :))
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Just came out of MAD MAX FURY ROAD.

Man, that film is INSANE!!!

It's Road Warrior on steroids!

It really is worth seeing it in IMAX, it is absolutely amazing.

Does it fit in with the other movies or is it sort of like its own beast?
    Fist Of The North Star -{

One of my all time favorite Anime's.
    chrisisall wrote:

Does it fit in with the other movies or is it sort of like its own beast?

It fits in with the others, but, IMO, it is superior. It has a modern look of the original films, particularly Road Warrior.
    Re watched Road Warrior, as I'm still damn happy about Fury Road, and realised its better than I remembered it. The last chase scene is absolutely incredible.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Watched Where Eagles Dare again last night.
    Love that film -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    +1, -{ one of my all time favourites.
    Had a film day today, finally got round to seeing Iron Man and the Avengers, Iron Man I thought was very good, but I thought the Avengers was very overrated. Followed by the last 40 minutes of Road Warrior and first half hour or so of The Shining.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    last film I watched was FURY ROAD, and wow! what a non-stop thrill ride that was! one of the most entertaining films ive ever seen.