Last film seen...

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Jurassic World....really enjoyed it...great special effects and quite funny in places...but how do they get 'Public Liability Insurance' ? :))
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I might give it a go, despite me never really being a big Jurassic Park Fan.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    I've just watched American Sniper on DVD with the wife.

At first I wasn't sure about it, however I have to say it's one of the best films I've seen this year.

Great film.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I might give it a go, despite me never really being a big Jurassic Park Fan.

In that case you might end up being dissapointed! The movie is very cheesy from time to time but it's a pro-Jurassic Park fan cheesines. Chris Pratt said in one interview that he himself and Colin Trevorow are big Jurassic Park fans, so it's basically a movie made by the fans, for the fans, full of Jurassic Park nostalgia and cool moments only a JP fan might fully appreciate!

Some critics say however that it's also a quite good summer popcorn flick so you might give it a go :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Friday night I saw American Sniper - enjoyed it but was expecting something better with all the hype. My Mrs was shocked to learn it was Sienna Miller at the end credits.

Last night I had to endure some new Dracula film (cant remember title). It had a different take on the genre and it was pretty much forgettable with so many flaws it drove us both barmy
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    It wasn't Twilight was it? :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Haha - no! Would rather watch 50 shades of crap but my Mrs is a fan and watches it now and then!
    Luckily my OH hates it B-) :D
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Saw Jurrasic World, it has its good moments and it's bad moments. I would watch it when it comes on TV though in Sky Movies.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just finished watching Steven Segal ,in Marked for death ,I think this is the only Segal film not to make tv viewing due to the heavy racial stereo type/language of and by the Jamaicans :) Usual Segal win win film ,(he never looses) :)) loads of Segal style un-armed combat ,lots of guns and of course great Jamaican music .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Watched 'Kingsmen' great film, very funny, with a couple of subtle nods to the Bond films, Colin Firth was very good, Higgins would like it as the watch of choice used in the film was a Bremont :p
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember long ago mentioning Colin Firth as a possible Bond villain. ;)
    Yet many Poo pooed my idea. :D but in Kingsman. Colin was pretty
    Badass, all over the place ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Just finished watching Steven Segal ,in Marked for death ,I think this is the only Segal film not to make tv viewing due to the heavy racial stereo type/language of and by the Jamaicans :) Usual Segal win win film ,(he never looses) :)) loads of Segal style un-armed combat ,lots of guns and of course great Jamaican music .

I'd say it's his most underrated -{
    Lucy :

An odd mix of sci-fi and action, dealing with the old Star Trek idea of
    Ultimate power in the hands of an ordinary person. Although not a lot
    Of action ( I was expecting some Matrix moves :D ) it does have a
    Good car chase, and cast but it's missing that vital .... Something.
    An average action movie, worth a watch if it's on TV .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I was warned it was crap but enjoyed it!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was warned it was crap but enjoyed it!
    Me too; I REALLY liked it! Seen it twice now. Scarlett rocks.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    The Way Of The Dragon. A great Bruce Lee film with a great final fight scene. Loved the plot twist of Uncle Wong being in cahoots with the bad guys.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Classic -{
  • Felix the LeitercatFelix the Leitercat Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    Classic -{

Hello AOS, saw Mad Max, Fury Road. Charize Theron and Tom Hardy fantastic, but I thought the Mel Gibson Road Warrior, had better plot. The oil derrick suvivors representing the last of civilization vs. the Humungous and chaos, killing, nihilism.

This new one seems to have no real survivors, everyone is under the thumb of main mutant villain, whose name escapes me. It's totally a video game of creative car crashes, with a little bit of plot. Did not feel moved by 2/3rds of it, but last part, the final chase was powerful, really strong ending with Theron and Hardy.

Will see it again to form new opinions. The effects are way more powerful than Rd. Warrior, vehicles going into sandstorm is amazing. Would see it if you are in mood for mindless diversion, lots of wild crashes, stunts, and want to be overwhelmed by total momentum.

Felix the Leitercat
    Thanks, regards -{ B-)
    Halloween

Intense and scary. I wish they had gone with the anthology series instead of more Myers sequels, as all that curse and Magic stuff in later sequels takes away from this simple story.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Jurassic World :
    I did enjoy this, but not as much as I thought. It is a bit slow to
    Get started and it has some brilliant sequences but it's quite
    Generic. All the characters are basically " Cut and paste" , the
    Hero who's a loner, living in a mobile home, fixing bikes etc, all
    Standard action movie stuff. ;)
    Having said that it is fun and we'll worth watching. :)
    Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI

My favourite F13 film, it has a blend of horror, comedy, action, romance.....it really is the perfect horror movie.
    Nightcrawler :
    Great film about a paparazzi cameraman who increasingly over steps the mark
    To get his sensational footage for a local news station. A fantastic performance
    from Jake Gyllenhaal -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We watched "Who dares wins" last night starring the late Lewis Collins (still cant believe Bodie is dead ) I did wonder to myself if Lewis ,was ever put in the hat for the role of 007 ? ,I think he would have made a a good Bond . :) He had the charm,the physique,
    and could wear clothes very well ,plus he had that natural swagger of ex military . There was a scene in the film ,when SAS guys turned up at his (Skellen) home ,to wich I chuckled to myself , "whats funny in that "asked the Mrs , well all SAS guys I met were all short and Scottish :) I replied , that's not meant to be a disparaging remark ,as the Scots and Geordie lads were as hard as nails .
    But great film anyway ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sadly, he even said himself he " Balls up" his Bond audition, and knew in
    Minutes he wasn't getting the chance to play 007. Although like yourself
    and many others, I think he'd have made a great 007 ! -{
  • Mr_Sable_BasiliskMr_Sable_Basilisk BerlinPosts: 50MI6 Agent
    We watched "Who dares wins" last night starring the late Lewis Collins (still cant believe Bodie is dead ) I did wonder to myself if Lewis ,was ever put in the hat for the role of 007 ? ,I think he would have made a a good Bond . :) He had the charm,the physique,
    and could wear clothes very well ,plus he had that natural swagger of ex military . There was a scene in the film ,when SAS guys turned up at his (Skellen) home ,to wich I chuckled to myself , "whats funny in that "asked the Mrs , well all SAS guys I met were all short and Scottish :) I replied , that's not meant to be a disparaging remark ,as the Scots and Geordie lads were as hard as nails .
    But great film anyway ,
    He would have been my dream casting for the years 1981-1989. Just imagine OP or AVTAK with him as 007.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Nightcrawler :
    Great film about a paparazzi cameraman who increasingly over steps the mark
    To get his sensational footage for a local news station. A fantastic performance
    from Jake Gyllenhaal -{

Small world--I saw this just a few days ago. I agree with what you have to say: it's a scary look at our scoptophilic culture, and Gyllenhaal is positively creepy. I recommend this.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    It's very much in the vein of " Network" showing that many TV news
    Companies can't wait to show some graphic footage, to help get
    Ratings.
    Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

Great little horror film, with one of the best horror movie endings I've seen. Jamie Lee Curtis is great in this once again, and it's a real shame such a good Halloween film had to be ruined by them making another sequel four years later.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Spy

I wasn't planning to see Spy. When I first saw the posters etc, I thought it would be terrible. But when I started hearing good things about it I decided to give it a chance and it did reward me. It was consistently funny and certainly had enough good gags and lines to sustain itself as a comedy film. And of course the fact that it is playing with the spy genre is appealing in itself. My main gripe was that the dialogue felt too littered with f-bombs, which to me seemed a little out-of-place in a fun spy-comedy film. I knew 2015 was going to be a year of many spy films, but I didn't see this one coming and it really surprised me. So thumbs up.