Last film seen...

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We watched "The Interview" last night ,another of Seth Rogens mad creations :)) . This is the film that North Korea , threatened to drop a bomb on the USA ,if they didn't ban it . A very funny film ,littered with sexual content/language .Enjoyed every second of it ,
    Now just waiting for North Korean spies to come and assasinate me . :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    The Raid...Indonesian film directed by Gareth Evans....an Indonesian SWAT team are after Crime Lord Tama who lives in a 30 storey block of flats...this team must battle their way to the top to capture him...
    It's a great film...violent and brutal...well directed...amazing fight sequences...looking forward to the next one -{
    YNWA 97
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Fury .... with Brad Pitt and others, quite graphic with a few thought provoking scenes, how accurate this film is I do not know. -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It was an interesting Film -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
    Sure I've see it before but it was on itv 2 yesterday. It was amazing,there were
    So many cuts to it, I Honestly wonder why itv showed it so early. :)) I didn't
    Even think the full film was that violent in the first place. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'd forgotten about most of the Film :)) It had been Years since I saw it last.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Watched The Odessa File last night. Great film.
    Jon Voight plays a reporter in Germany on the trail of a Nazi SS officer.
    I really enjoyed the novel it was based on by Frederick Forsyth as well.
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    stag wrote:
    Watched The Odessa File last night. Great film.
    Jon Voight plays a reporter in Germany on the trail of a Nazi SS officer.
    I really enjoyed the novel it was based on by Frederick Forsyth as well.

Yes, a very good film.

My LFS was OHMSS last night on ITV4. Great stuff!

Yes I watched OHMSS after The Odessa File last night, so technically OHMSS is my last film seen.
    It was a fantastic Saturday night double bill! -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    I wasn't aware that it was on :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    This just reminds me that I have The Odessa File on DVD and I've been meaning to watch it again after about ten years since I last saw it. I loved the original novel by Freddie Forsyth too. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I recently watched The Spy Who Came In From The Cold for the first time. Wow. Brutally awesome. Like a gut punch. Burton rocked.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

By far the best Myers sequel, Halloween 4 is a satisfying sequel to Halloween and Halloween 2.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    chrisisall wrote:
    I recently watched The Spy Who Came In From The Cold for the first time. Wow. Brutally awesome. Like a gut punch. Burton rocked.

That is a brilliant film + brilliant novel. -{
    I love these 60's/70's spy thrillers.
    Brilliant plot and great acting all round - especially like you say from Burton.
    It would have been interesting to see Burton play a Bond villain. He was certainly an amazing actor with genuine screen presence. I have seen him in a couple of films where he plays the villain and he was very convincing.
    Apparently Burton, Antony Hopkins and Tom Jones all come from the same
    small area in Wales. They must put something in the water to get those great
    Voices. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    I would have had Burton as Bond at some point, maybe as a one-off in OHMSS, as I personally would have had Mel Gibson as Bond in a one-off for Living Daylights.

Anyone into The Odessa File novel really should check out Selling Hitler, about the faking of the Hitler diaries. Written by Robert Harris, it reads like a thriller and unfolds like a car crash in slow motion. You know what is going to unfold (rather like Forsythe's Day of the Jackal in fact) but can't tear yourself away. It also gives a great insight into the world of Hitler memorabilia and the sort of people it attracts, and how the myth of Hitler's 'escape' took hold in the chaos and frenzy of the immediate post-war months. It is a heck of a read.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    And touching on a similar issue of Nazis intruding into present day, I thoroughly recommend for UK viewers tonights' Dead Snow. It's on the Horror Channel 71, about 11pm. Snow! Nazi Zombies! Subtitles! It's one helluva movie. You, Thunderpussy, are certain to enjoy it! -{

Last films seen: Rush. About the face-off between James Hunt and Nikki Lauder, the latter played by a fine actor who really should have been a Bond villain, the one in QoS for instance. He was in Inglorious Ba****ds I believe. Peter Morgan, or The Queen, The Damned United and Frost/Nixon, wrote it and I really wish he'd done all of Skyfall, still, Mickey and Babs are hell bent on turning down the very talents I would sign up for a Bond film: Tarantino, Matthew Vaughan, Stephen Frears, Peter Morgan... But they go with talents gone global through the abilities of the names above ie er the Austrian actor in Spectre, and Craig of course.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    When it comes to infamous People throughout History, others will always find some kind of attraction to them. I suppose it's similar to a Car Crash and having People flock around to see it.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I watched Speed 2 last night. Not as good as the first. Lois Chiles plays a character in this film. A guy takes over a cruise ship and sends it on a collision course with an oil tanker. Willem Dafoe is menacing as the villain.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I watched Speed 2 last night. Not as good as the first. Lois Chiles plays a character in this film. A guy takes over a cruise ship and sends it on a collision course with an oil tanker. Willem Dafoe is menacing as the villain.

Oh god that's an awful film. As I love the first one, I was really disappointed with Speed 2. Only good thing about it was Willem Dafoe, who plays great villains.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Speed 2 never should have been made. The original was fine by itself.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Speed 2 never should have been made. The original was fine by itself.

Jan De Bont thought the same as well.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Nightmare on Elm Street 2

Gets too much hate. Good slasher film, and I actually liked it just as much as the original.
    We were just watching Shaolin with Andy Lau & Jackie Chan... a great movie so far, but a little heavy for me at the moment with my Dad passing so recently and all. We'll watch the last half later when I can deal.
    We finished Shaolin just now, really good. Not what I thought it would be... a story of one character's inner journey who is not a Shaolin monk. Andy Lau was excellent, as was Nicholas Tse.
    Recommended.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    Mr Holmes- Ian McKellen superb as usual. Story was a shade weak, but an enjoyable film for Sherlock buffs.
    I do like a buff Sherlock ! ;) hope to see it soon. -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Mr Holmes- Ian McKellen superb as usual. Story was a shade weak, but an enjoyable film for Sherlock buffs.

Planning on watching that next week...I've heard the 'story' isn't up to much, but that's it's eminently watchable because of McKellen...
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Yes, I think I must see Mr Holmes soon too. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    With a little help from the make-up department, McKellen convincingly plays Holmes both at maybe 20 years older than his real age and in flashbacks about 15 years younger, but it's his acting that carries conviction- you can believe in his 93 year old Sherlock, scared at losing his faculties, just as easily as his ?60 year old Sherlock busy on a case due to his body language, voice, and acting skills.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched O.H.M.S. last night ,on the TV, I must be perfectly honest,it has never been one of my favourite Bond films ,
    But ,as im getting older (42) :D ,it is growing on me very fast . Some great lines ,(a stiffness coming on) classic ,I think it must rank as the best Bond film for scenery .He has some great clothes,and wears them very well ,with a subtle gait to his walk .The Aston is fab,and Savalas is King as usual.I must try the steak Piz Gloria ,if some one can tell me how to do it .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?