Iron Man

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    According to Entertainment Weekly, this is what the new Iron Man Mk III Armor will look like:

ironman_l.jpg

Assuming it's legit, I like it. It harkens to the classic red and gold design while still giving us a modern look. Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037509,00.html

:x :x :x :x :x

Man, I hope this is close...

DARK KNIGHT & IRON MAN should OWN the summer movie box office. {[]
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,288MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Notice the glowing circle in the palm of the hand: repulsor ray? EW is usually pretty reliable, so I think this is legit. We've now seen the Mk I and Mk III armors. So that begs the question, what will the Mk II look like ???
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    COOOOOOL! This movie seems better and better every day.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Yep, the suit looks great and isn't a far cry from what we saw in the teaser poster:

And it's apparently standard practice now for anyone who's cast as a superhero to gripe about how uncomfortable the costume is.  If you can't stand the heat. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited May 2007
    It looks as if they're making all the right moves---from Favreau to Downey...and now the armor B-)

I can't wait for this one!
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    The IM armor looks wonderful!In fact,the entire motion picture sounds like it'll be absolutely terrific.:)
    I can't help but wonder as to which billionaire will actually cash in more :v ? It's a good thing that DK & IM aren't opening up too close together...

I'm really excited for both. :)

edited May 2007
    IESB has a set report on the Iron Man movie. Link is below but be warned that there are MAJOR spoilers contained therein including info on a confrontation between Iron Man and ... somebody else. There is also a link to some video someone spied of the Mk III armor - a little hard to see but looks very promising in movement - and scroll down the page to see some enlarged pics of the armor from the video.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2435&Itemid=99

Also, IESB has some pics of Jeff Bridges sporting a bald head. In the comics Bridges' character, Obidiah Stane - Stark's business rival - was bald as well.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2057&Itemid=99
    It's Tony Stark! Another pic from the movie. B-)

tonys.jpg

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Looking good! Another plus for this film is that I see John Debney is slated to do the score. Debney has yet to disappoint me. I'm looking forward to hearing what he contributes!
    Being rather excited for this upcoming movie, I purchased a couple of books in the Marvel mini-series IRON MAN: Hyper-velocity.

It's an ok read but what I found interesting is that the artist portrayed Tony Stark exactly after Pierce Brosnan's TND image, he just tacked on the goatee.

Makes me realize how cool it would've been if Brozzy were at least 10 years younger and chosen for the role...Never heard him pull off an American accent though but I would've like him for this nonetheless. Alex Ross uses Dalton for his Stark model and that would have worked for me too cinematically. B-)

We're in good hands with Downey, Jr. though.

edited May 2007
    TonyDP wrote:
    IESB has a set report on the Iron Man movie. Link is below but be warned that there are MAJOR spoilers contained therein including info on a confrontation between Iron Man and ... somebody else. There is also a link to some video someone spied of the Mk III armor - a little hard to see but looks very promising in movement - and scroll down the page to see some enlarged pics of the armor from the video.

Also, IESB has some pics of Jeff Bridges sporting a bald head. In the comics Bridges' character, Obidiah Stane - Stark's business rival - was bald as well.

Is that the mark II or mark III suit?
    edited May 2007
    TonyDP wrote:

Is that the mark II or mark III suit?

Tough to be 100% sure but based on the pics I think it's the Mark III. I don't think the Mk II will be nearly as shiny or slick.

BTW, here's a link to a very high-res version of the Mk III rendering from Entertainment Weekly:

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/ironhighbig.jpg
    edited May 2007
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Being rather excited for this upcoming movie, I purchased a couple of books in the Marvel mini-series IRON MAN: Hyper-velocity.

It's an ok read but what I found interesting is that the artist portrayed Tony Stark exactly after Pierce Brosnan's TND image, he just tacked on the goatee.

Makes me realize how cool it would've been if Brozzy were at least 10 years younger and chosen for the role...Never heard him pull off an American accent though but I would've like him for this nonetheless. Alex Ross uses Dalton for his Stark model and that would have worked for me too cinematically. B-)

We're in good hands with Downey, Jr. though.

Your post piqued my curiosity Rogue. I did a quick Google search and I definitely see similarities to Brosnan and agree that 10 or 15 years ago he would have been a great Tony Stark. Still, I agree that Downey will probably work out just fine in the role.
    edited May 2007
    ILM to Forge Iron Man
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter May 13, 2007

Industrial Light & Magic will be the principal visual effects house on Marvel Studios' Iron Man, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

ILM sister company Skywalker Sound will handle sound design and mixing on the film and Deluxe's DI business Efilm, which opened a DI suite at Skywalker Ranch last year, will do the film's color timing and mastering.

Iron Man is directed by Jon Favreau with John Nelson as visual effects supervisor.

Visual effects supervisor Ben Snow is heading up the ILM team with animation supervisor Hal Hickel. Wayne Billheimer is producing for ILM, with Gretchen Libby as ILM's executive producer on the project. Chris Boyes will be the film's sound design and lead re-recording mixer.

Nelson won an Oscar for Gladiator. Snow served as a VFX supervisor on Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Hickel earned an Academy Award this year for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Boyes is a four-time Oscar winner for "Dead Man's Chest," The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Pearl Harbor and Titanic.

This all sounds cool but has anyone heard as to who's cast as Mandarin? ?:) Is he still the main villian? Forgive me if I've overlooked this.

RogueAgent wrote:
    This all sounds cool but has anyone heard as to who's cast as Mandarin? ?:) Is he still the main villian? Forgive me if I've overlooked this.

This is what I've heard; if it's true, there are major spoilers below so read at your own peril:
    The Mandarin is actually a codename for another villain. The main villain appears to be Obidiah Stane (to be played by a bald Jeff Bridges). And the climax of the film, inspired off a storyline from the comic, has Stane donning the Iron Monger suit and squaring off against Iron Man over the LA freeway.

If the above is true, then you can see why they went with a heavyweight like ILM to handle the FX and audio.
    Iron Man Teaser Being Worked On
    Source: Retroman May 23, 2007

Boy, director Joe Carnahan gets to see a lot of trailers before we do, doesn't he? First it was a teaser for Sin City 2 and now it's Iron Man. Video editor Daniel Lee wrote on his Blog:

I start to say "Joe Carnahan!" but am interrupted when he says "Hi, I'm Joe" and extends his hand. I shake his hand and he asks me if I'm working on "Iron Man." I tell him I am... and he asks if he can see what I'm working on. Joe Carnahan asks me if he can see the piece I'm cutting. I say "absolutely" and play my teaser for him. It's still in rough shape at this point, but he seems to dig it.

Might the teaser play with Paramount's (who will distribute Marvel's Iron Man) Transformers? Or perhaps with Fox/Marvel's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer? We'll have to wait and see.

Nazanin Boniadi Joins Iron Man
    Source: Variety May 23, 2007

Variety reports that Nazanin Boniadi (The CW's "The Game") has booked a supporting role in Marvel Studios' Iron Man. Jon Favreau directs the Paramount release.

Boniadi joins a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub, Leslie Bibb and Bill Smitrovich.

Iron Man opens in theaters on May 2, 2008.

Here's behind the scenes footage for IM...

I missed this on television...

http://www2.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5761

edited May 2007
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Here's behind the scenes footage for IM...

I missed this on television...

http://www2.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5761

Thanks for the link Rogue, but that clip reminded me why I never watch Entertainment Tonight anymore. No real info on what the movie is about or even a pic of the armors. Only glam info on the stars.
    MTV has a bunch of video clips from the Iron Man set including interviews with the stars, clips from the filming of the movie, info on Shellhead's abilities and a close-up look at the Mk. III helmet. Have a look:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1560958&vid=152333
    TonyDP wrote:
    MTV has a bunch of video clips from the Iron Man set including interviews with the stars, clips from the filming of the movie, info on Shellhead's abilities and a close-up look at the Mk. III helmet. Have a look:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1560958&vid=152333

Thanks for posting the interview, Tony. I really enjoyed it...well with the exception of Downey, Jr's allegiance to only Marvel Comics (my son was glad to hear that part). Man, does he look like Stark B-) ...this is going to be a good summer '08.

CLASH OF THE FICTIONAL BILLIONAIRES! :)

RogueAgent wrote:
    Thanks for posting the interview, Tony. I really enjoyed it...well with the exception of Downey, Jr's allegiance to only Marvel Comics (my son was glad to hear that part). Man, does he look like Stark B-) ...this is going to be a good summer '08.

CLASH OF THE FICTIONAL BILLIONAIRES! :)

We're going to have to do something about that boy of yours. ;)

Glad you liked the clips; the scenes in the desert looked good and there are lots of little tidbits about the movie: repulsor rays, unibeams, shellhead going up again a bunch of F22 Raptors, and the helmet looked good too. Really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out on the big screen.
    edited June 2007
    According to AICN, Nick Fury will make a brief appearance in the Iron Man movie and will be played by none other than Samuel L. Jackson. The thinking is that his character may be spun off into his own movie ala Electra or the Silver Surfer. I wonder if we'll get to see the Helecarrier...

Here's a link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33090
    Cool. Sam L Jackson would be a perfect Ultimate Nick Fury.
    I'm an old school guy that prefers grizzled Fury with the gray on the sides, stogie, etc.

Saying that, I would LOVE to see the Ultimate Nick Fury played by the man the image was modeled after...Samuel L. Jackson! It's really a no-brainer. B-)

What can I say? The man has a presence about him.

RogueAgent wrote:
    I'm an old school guy that prefers grizzled Fury with the gray on the sides, stogie, etc.

Saying that, I would LOVE to see the Ultimate Nick Fury played by the man the image was modeled after...Samuel L. Jackson! It's really a no-brainer. B-)

What can I say? The man has a presence about him.

Yeah, but will Jackson ever be able to top David Hasslehoff's genre-defining portrayal of Fury. :v

Looks to me like the movie will be a mix of classic IM and some Ultimate universe stuff as well and that's fine by me. I just want a good movie.
    I came across this pic of the cast for Iron Man. They all look good and I have to give props to Downey, who has managed quite the amazing physical transformation. Jeff Bridges looks suitably menacing as Obidiah Stane.

ironmanlue9.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Great pic find, Tony.

I don't know if you've been reading anything Iron Man related but IMO, he's been coming off as an over-officious jerk lately.

I'm really not liking where he's going in the latest stories. Perhaps it's all Civil War tied-in. He was so much nicer when he was full of Jim Beam... :D

RogueAgent wrote:
    Great pic find, Tony.

I don't know if you've been reading anything Iron Man related but IMO, he's been coming off as an over-officious jerk lately.

I'm really not liking where he's going in the latest stories. Perhaps it's all Civil War tied-in. He was so much nicer when he was full of Jim Beam... :D

I've stayed far away from the Marvel books for the past several years. Every time I'd look in on Iron Man I'd just freeze in disbelief: first they turned him into Kang's lackey, then they killed him off and replaced him with you younger self, and from what I've read he was a heel again during Civil War. I have no faith in Marvel's editorial policies these days; I prefer to revisit the older stories and keep my fingers crossed that their movie projects will be good quality stuff.