Bonds Pistol in QOS

Comments

• Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    ?:) Revilo 94 ?:)

No, 0073 used Google, so he's not your arch-enemy:)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:

Plus he's literate :D
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:

Pretty valid point. Ok, I am convinced!

Welcome to the Forum 0073 {[]

ASP9mm: Glad, that you have been able to find the power button on your computer after all these weeks!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Colt Detective Special or S&W airweight?
    Bondtoys wrote:
    ASP9mm: Glad, that you have been able to find the power button on your computer after all these weeks!

It's quite confusing, there are so many.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    .... yes, especially with a pair of shaking hands :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • eyehateusernameseyehateusernames Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    So this late in the game, have the only pistols we've actually seen bond using been the ppk and p226, and the only watch we've seen is the steel-banded planet ocean? I know there has been a lot of other talk about other walthers and omegas, but are these the only ones we've actually seen in pictures and clips so far? I'd love to have seen a p99 and the black-faced seamaster by now...
  • zaemeha_yamahazaemeha_yamaha Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi all. Recently, I noticed Bond is carrying a P210 on a QoS Poster. Sure I hope this one will be shown in the movie. Simply because it's one of the finest 9mm ever made.
    Hi all. Recently, I noticed Bond is carrying a P210 on a QoS Poster. Sure I hope this one will be shown in the movie. Simply because it's one of the finest 9mm ever made.

Do you have a link to this poster as the use of a P210 is news to me {[]
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent

Plus he's literate :D

Now your'e making me blush! ;%

Anyways: Keltec looks about right. P210 would also fit in quite well since it featured in the IHMSS quite prominently.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    edited September 2008
    So far we've seen Bond with a P226 and a PPK for sure, but does anyone (ahem, ASP9mm) have an inside scoop on what he's actually issued, or are these all pick-ups?
    I could see the SIG being given to him by Leiter, since our various services love them here. And there's been mention a fan-boy moment with him aquiring the PPK. Does he go off the reservation in the first 15 minutes?
    Here we go:

Thanks for pwalsh9012 for the link to the All Movie Photo!
    http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2008_quantum_of_solace_028_big.html

Now that looks like a swiss classic, and I am not talking about watches! :p
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    0073 wrote:
    Now that looks like a swiss classic, and I am not talking about watches! :p

That's a Swiss Classic alright, and I'll give you that it's one of the best 9mms made. But it's not a P210. It's the later double-action P226 he's seen carrying in other pics. P210 would've been cool though.
    Not a P226, the port and breech are wrong for the P226. We did speculate on this being a Browning HP at first, but that could very well be the P210, the scalloped muzzle seems to deep though.

Must check, hang on, I'll be back....
    OK, it does look very much like the P210 {[]

HI380132.JPG
    Ah jeez... now you guys have got me wondering... I'm about to print these pics and break out a micrometer!
    I thought it might have been a CZ when we first saw the picture released, but this new hi-def picture looks more like a P210 than anything else, the slide, port, slide release, sights, hammer etc, all point to the old Sig.
    So,

we have in Bonds arsenal sofar: short guns: Sig Sauer p226, Sig p 210 (no chance on mistaken identity here CZ is a doublestack and thus thicker at the grip, also safety lever is more prominent in CZ and would be visible), Walther ppk and propably that S&W snubby. Long guns: H&K UMP 9mm. It does looklike that Bond is doing awfully lot of picking up in QOS. ;)

Anyways I for one would be happy for Bond with either one, Sig P210 really is an alltime great and Legendary Jeff Cooper dubbed the CZ 75 as "Worlds best service nine".

Here is some info on the p210 and some nice closeups http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Sig9mm.htm
    And here on CZ75 http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    The SIG P-210 is probably the finest 9mm ever produced. The Walther P88 is a very close second.

The P-210 is a dream to fire.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    tvdigital2zv4.th.jpgthpix.gif

That puts that question to rest.
    I can't get either of these pictures to load, so can I appeal to someone for a caption? What am I to be looking at and what is settled?
    Thanks!
    I can't get either of these pictures to load, so can I appeal to someone for a caption? What am I to be looking at and what's been put to rest?
    Thanks!
    Craig is holding a SIG P-210-6 lightly engraved with gold inlay.

That photo server typically has problems. I switched to Photobucket.
    edited September 2008
    Ah, got it now. That's a great picture and a great pistol. It also clears up the quandry over that particular jacket being BLUE. Thanks!
    Yuck, don't like that inlay. Bond goes bling :))
    Looks like something he picked up off an evil villain... or a rapper.
  • AmdragAmdrag Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Wow, great thread. I signed up for this board just for it. I have been looking for a place where people were taking an interesting what Bond is carrying.

I must admit Bond not carrying the P99 bothers me. I loved the recent look of it and it fit Craig's Bond perfectly. Had some heft to it, while still keeping some elegance. I am happy they didn't go with the PPS though. Would look ridiculous with a suppressor.

What I don't get is Bond walking around with a PPK by choice, if the trailer is anything to go by. He has it in two completely different points in the film. I liked the idea of it being a back up piece or something he puts under his pillow, but as his main firearm?

The second Sig makes sense, but the first I am not sure. The UMP is brilliant and I am happy they have finally put it to use.

I do doubt he would use the gun in the case though. Don't think the case is his, but someone he just dealt with.
  • AmdragAmdrag Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    Welcome aboard.

That's a Sig P226 in both of those pictures.