Bonds Pistol in QOS

1121314151618»

Comments

• 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Indeed, it will likely be popular. And you are just about right when you put "style" before "functionality". These days many pistols are designed to "look cool" and of course sell. Sadly thats not enough... function must always be the first consideration when making a firearm. You can alway tweak the final product for looks.

Ah for the good old days when Walther designed pistols like the PP and PPK that not only looked good but actually worked too!
  • funlover86funlover86 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Any chance you might know where to locate a Vega Holster dealer in Adelaide.

I have a black 2 slot mount black holster (nylon, i think) which i bought from Marksman Indoor Firing Range but i cant remember the brand. It is designed for Glock models 17 and 22. It has 2 securing straps with snap button clips to hold the weapon in the holster (i fold the outer between my belt and my holster because it is an annoyance) but dont know if thats legal lol.

Will that do for the James Bond character?

Thanks guys
    funlover86

It seems right now Vega is very popular, and out of stock here in the USA.

Don't know what kind of firearm you are holstering, but aside from the Vega there are losts of similiar inside the waistband holsters, ebay is certainly a good place to look.

If you are looking for quality holsters, saddle leather with snaps and all, be prepared to spend $40 to $100.

While an IWB holster is cool for oo7, they are generally lousey to use - hard to reholster the pistol, and at the least little bit of jumping around - yourpiece generally will leap out of the holster at the worst possible moment.

Remember, DC's P99 in Casno Royale was GLUED into the holster. Unless you have a prop man standing by that could make for a mighty slow draw!
    I am purchasing a replica Glock 17 or 22. but the Glock 24 fits in the holster a lot easier due to its dramatically smaller size but drawing it from the holster is reasonably difficult due to the smaller handle. I dont figure taking a Blank Firing Pistol to a dress up party is a smart idea by any means. My Holster is made by AcuSport Australia.
    I ment Glock 26 not 24, to my knowledge there was no such Glock pistol as the Glock 24.
  • Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    Wah? A new Walther with an MSRP under $400!?
    I think I'm in love.:x
    7289 wrote:
    Just remember. you get what you pay for...
    Yeah. Sometimes you don't. So what is it that you don't like about this pistol?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Mr_Ice wrote:
    7289 wrote:

Made by the Umarex division of Walther :#
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Mr_Ice wrote:
    7289 wrote:

Made by the Umarex division of Walther :#

Aww jeez...I didn't see that.
    So it's a .380 acp air pistol...:p
    I have no idea why walther lower their production standards under the Umarex banner and still apply their logo to them. It seems to cheapen the brand slightly.
    Today's firearms design - at least with respect to handguns - is all about the Glock. Plastic and CNC parts, very Star Trekish.

Walther's old line were marvels of workmanship - even the later ones exuded nothing but class. Sadly, class is a commodity with no value in todays marketplace - it's all about $$$$.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    7289 wrote:
    Walther's old line were marvels of workmanship - even the later ones exuded nothing but class. Sadly, class is a commodity with no value in todays marketplace...

All the more reason to celebrate the PPK's return in QoS...a bit anachronistic today, perhaps, but still very much the beauty :x I hope we continue to see it, at least as a backup.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I was resigned to the P99, and even liked it. But I have to say seeing the PPK return was wonderful!
    Do you think it's time to speculate on Bond 23 yet :D
    It's never to early to speculate, right now it is my opinion that having brought back the PPK they will stay with it.

It's alot like having oo7 win the DB5 in CR'06, seems like that was a set-up for it's appearance in another film. QOS wasn't right for the DB5, who knows what 23 will bring?
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    I'll reiterate what I said before,Craig is very convincing with the PPK.He should keep it,and also use the Sig 226 for the heavy stuff; it is UKSF issue,after all,and in the film all the other SIS agents used it.

Regards,
    Tecolote
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    After seeing QOS, I would love for Bond to use the PPK again, but i also equally love the P99 (and its use in CR) so either one im fine with as long as its handled correctly and not how Brosnan used them for the most part.
    Although there was no explanation around the PPK's use in the film, it was prominently featured in the opening credits. To me this indicates that the film-makers knew what they were doing when the choice was made, and that it is symbolic of...something? Maybe just Bond's maturing Bondness. The disappearing sand embossed PPK at the end of the title sequence was very cool I thought. I bet they stick with the PPK, but also that Bond will have no issue picking up whatever is around that barks death.

I wish there was some kind of scene where Bond's armament is discussed though. The chapter where he's made to give up the 418 in Dr No is great. Fleming does a superb job conveying Bond's (barely) controlled anger at having to give up his favorite piece.

"Bond sat down. He just stopped himself gazing rudely at the ceiling."

Ooooh yeah: definitely been there.
    While I'd like a "wanky" gun moment, overall I'd prefer it not be dialog driven. Scripts are usually written and vetted by folks who wouldn't know one end of a pistol from the other. Nothing breaks the magic of a movie better than duffis lines like "brick through a plate glass window" etc.

Bond picking his favorite shooter from a "tub" of handguns would be just as cool.