Bonds Pistol in QOS

Comments

• Daltonfan90Daltonfan90 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    ya the only 9mm rounds i trust is the +p or +P+ 124gr jacketed hollowpoints. im in the process of going from a .40 p99 as my duty arm to a p226 chambered in .357...now thats a HOT round
    maybe bond should use it:007)

back to the incident to where i had to use my ppk..the reason being is that the suspect was trying to wrestle my p99 Out of my holster...but he didnt know i had my ppk on my ankle. it stoped him in his tracks. after that seeing this 300 plus guy go down after only 2 shots from a .32 .....if i could carry it certain days as my main weapon..i would:D
  • James003James003 Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    DaltonFan90,
    Are you Dallas PD County Sheriff State or Texas Ranger. I taught school in Willis and Conroe for a while well hope to hear from you and be careful out there.
    Quote: Queen and country safe and sound with the villains six feet underground. 003
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    DaltonFan, that's interesting. I always assumed that the .380 would have better stopping power than the .32. But it's good to see some evidence of a real life situation, even if Bond is only fictional.

:)
  • Daltonfan90Daltonfan90 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    ya my mom wanted to get a .380 for her concealed but
    i got her away quickly from that....then i had to convince my old man that my mom couldn't handle a .45
    ......my dads one of those guys "if its not a .45 it isn't a gun"8-).....he thought the Walther was no better that a .22. but after he shot it he quickly changed his mind:007)
    After watching QoS I can see why Bond carried the P P K with the scenes of him wearing the pull over shirts a PPK would be more concealable They didn't pull the magic stunt of having Bond pull the P99 and a silencer out of nowhere like in CR. I could see him carrying the PPK strapped to his ankle in CR or QoS or under a loose shirt but not in a form fitting polo like he was wearing.
    Quote "Eyes on the shadows protecting his fellows from sun up till the moon on his back"
    James003 wrote:
    They didn't pull the magic stunt of having Bond pull the P99 and a silencer out of nowhere like in CR.

When was that?

?:)
  • ThundernutsThundernuts Harlow, Essex, England UKPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    That confused me too.

In the PTS Bond already has the P99 with the silencer fitted in his hand in Dryden's office and tucks it into his overcoat after offing Dryden.

He then gets another from the Aston Martin, puts it behind reception in a jiffy bag and opens it in the lift.

I suppose the only scene where you could question the concealment of the P99 would be Venice at the end....
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    In the Venice scene Bond is wearing the long sleeve polo shirt, it is not really form fitting. A gun the size of the P99 can easily be concealed under such a shirt inside the waistband. It is roughly the same size as the HK USP compact 9mm (Don't be fooled by the word 'compact' it's a 4 inch barreled service gun" that I have worn for some time. The silencer would be in his pocket until needed.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Craig actually concealed the P99 very well in his Vega. Up until he pulled that off in CR, I was no fan of the P99 for Bond either. It looked like a cannon on Pierce, but Craig conceals it extremely well. The suppressor in his pocket would attract the ladies attention though ;%
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I have a USP Compact and have found that it fits and conceals VERY well in the Vega holster. In fact it fits more snugly than the Walther.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    What surprises me is how returning to the PPK was so effortless, especially since we were expecting some kind of explanation.

One could even argue that since the PPK was present in the CR'06 PTS, it really never left.

I had even accepted the P99 as a Bond pistol, something it took CR to do. Like ASP9mm, I don't think it fit Brosnan, but then I don't think much of PB's Bond anyway.

Overall, I thought the PPK well used as a small concealed pistol, in conjunction with that whatever it was small knife .... a combination that would be pretty deadly in the hands of someone as lethal as the DC oo7!

From what I read in a "Cigar Afficionado" magazine, since DC has no more novels to film ( a BS idea ) he refers to the books for his Bondian reference! That is most likely why the PPK returned.

Hope DC can work in other original Bond traits as well!
    The reason why the transition back to the PPK was easy is because the majority of the viewers couldn't tell the difference between a PPK and an APS*.

*An APS is the most hideous gun in the world. It's a Russian 'underwater assault rifle' that fires long needles. (http://world.guns.ru/assault/as69-e.htm)
    Yes I meant the Venice scene. A gunsmith who saw the movie agreed with me about the concealment of the P99 and the silencer( which would lead to the line "Is that a silencer in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"Now if Bond does start carrying the Walther and uses a Brush silencer IE as in Dr. No there is a shoulder harness that has a silencer carrying sheath under the opposite armpit area, I have seen the silencer types for the P99 they are big hon ken suppressors I do understand that we JB fans do at times make mountains out a mole hills concerning Bond's paraphernalia, but I have hopes that the new Bond movies will be more realistic than fantasy IE Bond investigates a crashes SIS plane thats been smuggling heroin in the UK under HMSS auspices like the CIA does.
    Quote: Eyes on the shadows protecting his fellows from sun up to the moon on his back, sending them villains to Hades.
  • eyehateusernameseyehateusernames Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    I just read that in QoS bond never wears a belt, his suit pants just have the side adjusters. I have the p99 and vega combo, and would never imagine carrying that much weight without a belt to keep my pants on. Though there was some talk about the ppk in a vega, maybe that's why it didn't get screen time?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    did Bond use the same vega holster as he did in CR?
    Those with inside knowledge that the PPK was carried in a Vega holster, but it gets no screen time.

Likely DC did not actually carry the PPK much while wearing his fancy suits. Without a belt to support the weight of the pistol, unless his pants were very tight, his waist band would sag.

I would imagine that for the most part when DC needed a PPK. the prop man handed him one. When he was done with it - DC handed it back.
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Giving a gun to an actor only when he needs it is standard procedure on the set.
    A PPK in a soft IWB holster like the Vega will sag beltless pants(I just tried it with my PPK and a Bianchi #6X ,which is very similar to the
    Vega),but the main problem with soft holsters is that you can't reholster the gun one handed.

I'd really like to see the Walther PPK/Sig P226
    combo carried over into the next film.DC managed to be entirely convincing with both guns,both are/were used in UK covert circles,and QOS did have all the SIS but Bond packing P226s.Pack the PPK and use the P226 for the "heavy work"...

Regards,

Tecolote
    did Bond use the same vega holster as he did in CR?

Although we don't see it in QoS, you would need a different sized holster. The P99 holster would just be to big for the slimer, smaller-framed PPK.

• funlover86funlover86 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hey guys. Im new here. Im in Adelaide and going to a dress up party as James Bond and im looking for a suitable holster (shoulder or hip) for a modern James Bond outfit. Maybe the holster Daniel Craig uses in Quatum of Solace. Any advice???
    Go with the Vega, cheap and effective.
  • Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    I tried to get a Vega for my Smith a while ago after CR. It seems USAHuntingSupplies is the only US importer (that I could find). I ordered one, never got anything. Emailed them twice. Nuthin. I was never charged, but my order/emails just went into the ether. I'd like to get one. Ended up getting a Don Hume IWB instead.-{
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited January 2009
    My brother gave me a Don Hume IWB for my PPK for X-Mas, it's a great holster!
    Red Indian wrote:
    My brother gave me a Don Hume IWB for my PPK for X-Mas, it's a great holster!

Don Hume holsters are great value for money. The only negative about them is the inside is very abrasive and needs softening slightly to avoid damaging the blued finish.
    2009shotshow-01152009-020.jpg

2009shotshow-01152009-019.jpg

I don't what happened to their aesthetic department, they seem to be going for as fugly as possible.
    An overgrown P22!!!!

Looks like Walther is making all their pistols in the airgun department these days. Unlike the PPS, which is an interesting, if somewhat flawed pistol this shows no promise IMO.

I have been dealing with the P22 for a couple of years and am NOT impressed.

Now it really is time to pray that DC chooses to keep the PPK!!!
    I think it's nicer looking than the PPS (which is actually growing on me), but is it as functional? If it's not a slim as the PPS, then it is sort of redundant.

You can have more power in a smaller frame with the PPS? Am I missing something here?

You can have more power in a smaller frame with the PPS? Am I missing something here?

I think it is aimed at civilian markets such as Argentina where military rounds are not legal for civvies.
    I'll breathe a sigh of relief if that pistol goes to Argentina and stays there!!

;)
    Ah I see. After doing some digging about the pistol, I think it could be quite popular with both civilians and law enforcement.

I think Walther go for the 'style through functionality' approach. I sort of like it.