Bonds Pistol in QOS

Comments

• Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Ah, I see.

I don't think it would be any of S&W's business anyway.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Ah, I see.

I don't think it would be any of S&W's business anyway.

No, but you might get a few leaks coming from Germany, it was worth a shot.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • jbholstersjbholsters Posts: 179MI6 Agent
    The parts are imported from Germany and assembled at S&W for those sold in the US. The European PPS's are made entirely at Walther in Germany.

I was hoping that someone in Mass. would have known about whether the gun would be used in the film. The guys I talked to didn't know, but they don't deal with that kind of thing, so who knows. Guess we'll have to wait for something official.:(
    Maybe I'll be buying from Earl after all. At least I'll know it was German built and assembled.
    The parts are made in Germany on all the PPS's. I wouldn't worry about the gun being assembled at S&W. It's not rocket science to assemble the parts in this gun. Save some cash.
    As a Walther collector, it just wouldn't be the same.

Sort of the same feeling I get knowing that Manurhin manufactured every post-war PP series pistol (except the PP Super) that ever had the Walther roll marks applied.

Walther fitted, assembled, and finished the PP series before shipping.
    edited April 2008
    I stand corrected. Talked to someone yesterday about this (and if they are correct)S&W is only the importer for the PPS. So, any PPS in the US will be 100% made in Germany.
    Thanks.

S&W may not know it, but Earl's Repair Service will also be importing them. Earl has had close ties with Walther for many decades now. Long before Interarms, Granger, or S&W were involved with walther.

He also visits Walther Germany several times a year, both in Ulm and Augsberg. His prices are high, but he is the only one who can get certain items. He also has NOS P5's, Last Edition PP's, NOS P88's, the list is endless.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    These new photos show Bond with a PPK:
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/flash.htm?gid=459
    edited April 2008
    Excellent, That's that then. The second picture is a large frame auto like a HK, 1911 or something. Impossible to tell.

And there is that 'Q' lapel pin again.
    I'm glad that's finally been answered.

And yes, it's tough to make out the other semi-auto. When zoomed in, it does appear to have a hammer, so striker fired is out.
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    The slide on the larger pistol seems more rounded on the top than an HK or Sig. It looks like a 1911 or Browning to me. Probably a 'pick-up' not an issue weapon.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Hard to say from this angle, but the PPK appears to be the German made version with black grips - like the ones used by PB.

Was worried he would show up with the S&W version!!!

-{
    Right, now no-one ever doubt me again ;)

qos001jy9-Copy.jpg
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    Man! It's no fun trying to speculate when ASP9mm already knows everything about the movie;)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    where is that picture from?
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    where is that picture from?

I posted the link just above; there's lots of other new images there too! :)

And just because he uses the PPK once it doesn't necessarily mean he uses that all the way through; don't forget he used it and the P99 in CR. But if he's in Panama in that shot I expect it means he'll be using it much more than he did last time.
    thx! great pics! but Does anyone think they're bringing the PPK back to capture some of the elements of the 60's Bond since CR seemed like such a throwback to Connery or just becuase its an extension of 007 like how we were shown how he procured the DB5,got his tux,and martini, they're just carrying that over into QOS?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    The PPK may also be a weapon that he took off someone else. But it wouldn't be a surprise if he is now using it as a non tactical personal protection weapon and saving the P99 for more heavy duty stuff. The PPK may be no car stopper, but in the hands of a well trained assasin and former commando, a well placed shot from one will get the job done...dead is dead.
    He is using it extensively otherwise why would it be used in London and on location. It seems the sidearm of choice is the PPK.
    well hopefully theres some closure on the P99, like he doesnt just start QOS using the PPK.
    Not sure it really matters all that much regarding closure on the P99. Before CR'06 I was hoping the PPK would return, the skillful way they used the P99 in that film erased any desire to see the PPK again.

Hopefully the PPK will be used as effectively as the P99 was, and we'll all be happy! I am looking forward to seeing the "wanky" gun moment - and the IWB holster - a far better way to carry than the shoulder holster.
    The second pic looks like a Govt model more than a Hi Power (P35) to me.
  • StrykeStryke U.S.A.Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Just find it odd that they are going with the PPK only. I think there is more than meets the eye. I fully understand having a "Tuxedo Gun" but the PPK is a bit underpowered by today's standards.
    Way underpowered.

I have some hot S&B for mine, but I'll always carry something larger, conditions permitting.
  • gussguss South Wales, UKPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    After all this discussion on which gun Bond uses in QoS I have it from a very good sauce... HP from the Houses of Parliament. It will be a very earth friendly and non lethal + very lethal (to keep all the do-gooders out there happy)
    A brand new model from a new British company, just starting up I believe its called KE arms the new gun is model no: S.U 33 it can fire quite a few different objects including, chewed up Tissue (bog roll), Mud, Rolled up Bogies and of course Spuds,
    YES James Bond is using an Eco friendly ………SPUD GUN made buy King Edwards I have also been told that a water pistol is also used in the bath scene along with a rubber ducky Called Quack!!!!!
    I heard those rumors too! Plus this; the "bath scene" which was originally written for DC and Eva Green - was extensively re-written because they used the name "Donald" for the duck and Disney threatened to file suit!!!!

;)
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I'm amazed how many people keep calling the PPK a weak gun. I own a .380 PPK. and it has more than enough stopping power. The majority of Bond's shooting would likely be within 25 yards or so. While it's not a 9MM, it's also not a BB gun.
    I'm wondering how many people just repeat what other people say without ever having fired one.
    Bond's PPK is a 7.65mm, or .32ACP. Not the 9mmK, or .380 Auto.

There is quite a difference in the energy of the two rounds.

7.65mm is barely a step above 6.35mm or .25 Auto.