What american actor would you like to play James Bond if possible ?

15678911»

Comments

• nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    DaltonFan1 wrote:
    nms75 wrote:
    I stand by my previous comments. Bond is British regardless whether he has an English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh accent! Yes Lazenby was Australian but look at what a disaster that was!!!
    NMS

But Ireland isn't in Britain.

Ok Great Britain and Northern Ireland then... 8-)
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    As world's economy goes , the foreign candidate wouldn't be American but Chinese
  • fatboy0fatboy0 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I would like to propose that Michael Fassbender be offered the role - Daniel Craig is wrong in the part and doesn't carry it off well at all. As for "which American Actor"? I really can't think of one who could off the accent AND do the suave sophisticated all action hero bit. The Q? is in itself 'wishful thinking'…http://www.ajb007.co.uk/img/smilies/ajb007/martini.gif
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ok Great Britain and Northern Ireland then...

Just as a matter of interest, that would be called the UK :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    I guess Jim Caviezel would be fine . He's a " Person of Interest "
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Ok Great Britain and Northern Ireland then...

Just as a matter of interest, that would be called the UK :))

And it wouldn't include the part of Ireland, which is where Brosnan was born.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • TRSTN1TRSTN1 NORTH DAKOTAPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    I don't think an american can pull of JB But if i had choose i would say Jensen Ackles
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent

None.
    James Bond has to be a Brit.
    He can be a Scott Brit or a Welsh Brit or an Irish Brit or a plain ordinary Brit Brit.
    But he should not be an American.
    To change his nationality is too change everything.
    Craig and his handlers have very nearly accomplished that anyhow.

Bond is a Brit, or he's nobody.

Richard
    (card-carrying American)
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:

None.
    James Bond has to be a Brit.
    He can be a Scott Brit or a Welsh Brit or an Irish Brit or a plain ordinary Brit Brit.
    But he should not be an American.
    To change his nationality is too change everything.
    Craig and his handlers have very nearly accomplished that anyhow.

Bond is a Brit, or he's nobody.

Richard
    (card-carrying American)

James Bond has been played by an Australian before. Oh, and Irishmen aren't British.

Personally, so long as he is white, tall, dark haired, and looks like Fleming's Bond, and can put on an English accent perfectly, it doesn't really matter what nationality he is.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    edited April 2012
    With regard to Australians -- I like George Lazenby very much. I'm 100% in tune with his casting.

But let's not hire any more Australians to be James Bond.

With regard to the Irish not being Brits -- true. I appreciate the cultural divide and I don't wish to offend, but so far as I'm concerned, Ireland is in the United Kingdom and that's close enough for government work, as Pierce Brosnan aptly demonstrated. For the purpose of playing James Bond, an Irishman is fine providing that he isn't like Daniel Craig.

Richard
    (card-carrying American)
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
  • jorgem1jorgem1 Posts: 136MI6 Agent
    Just like the President of the United States, a president must be born in America, within the 50 states, and that's why Arnold Schwarzenegger can't run!
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    jorgem1 wrote:
    Just like the President of the United States, a president must be born in America, within the 50 states, and that's why Arnold Schwarzenegger can't run!

Actually, they just have to be a natural born citizen of the United States, like George Romney, born in Mexico to American parents, who ran in '64 and '68
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    DaltonFan1 wrote:
    jorgem1 wrote:

Actually, they just have to be a natural born citizen of the United States, like George Romney, born in Mexico to American parents, who ran in '64 and '68
    Ooo! The American got schooled!

I kid. But yes, through a relatively simple process, you can be documented as a US citizen if you are born to US citizen parents in another country.
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    Paul Reubans

Pee_Wee_s_Big_Adventure_movies_747520_780_443.jpg