Omega return for Bond 22 ??

Comments

• BH1191BH1191 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    what?

You are new to the forum, so you may consider the fact, that we are showing good manners here.

The watch is 42 mm, however you turn it.

And what am I?

Well, I have a 23 years experience in the watch business, what do you have to offer?

Well put...Since I'm wearing a 42mm on my wrist right now it's pretty easy to see that it's the same as the pics have shown. There are several people on here who have posted that are very knowledgeable, some with "inside" information, and some lucky enough to be able to handle actual movie props (I need that job :D) Thanks again to everyone on here that makes this site a great asset for our passions about 007. {[]
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    wow, great to see you guys have a great sense of humour and dont take things too seriously. shall we remember its a great film about a fictional character. have a great day guys
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    k5211 wrote:
    wow, great to see you guys have a great sense of humour and dont take things too seriously. shall we remember its a great film about a fictional character. have a great day guys

Remember that everybody may not share your particular sense of humour, k5211. I find it's quite lost on me too and comes across as being very rude, discourteous and full of lies !

I suggest you temper your manners.

Please - back to topic.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles

Back to topic, which I started, indeed, and apologies for those offended. I havent told any lies ? merely started a thread people seemed genuinely interested in. I think I'll bow out anyway, many thanks.
  • FordFord Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi guys. First post for me. Can you guys explain how you can unequivocally say the size of the watch Craig is wearing in QoS? As in, what characteristics are you looking at, as most of the pictures I have seen so far do not show a detailed pic of the Planet Ocean, and considering there is only 3mm difference in diameter, I think it's quite hard to spot the difference. I know the easiest way to tell is to see how far the date window is from the bezel, but I have yet to see a picture of Craig's watch with this clearly shown.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited August 2008
    Very easy,

3.5 mms difference in diameter is a significant difference for a watch in that size and the 45.5 would look much bigger on DCs wrist.

You can tell this, when you are seeing different POs on a daily basis in real, not in the catalogue.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited August 2008
    ..not to mention the fact that I have 'real' inside knowledge when it comes to the watches. Omega only supplied 42mm Planet Oceans, no 45.5mm's. They also suppplied only 4, NOT 50 8-) What the Hell would they do with 50? They only supplied 12 Seamasters in TWINE when they were using them filled with gadgets for different scenes.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 984MI6 Agent
    Is it possible to get the Planet Ocean with the Seamaster bracelet? I love everything about it except the bracelet, which to be honest looks like something you'd find on a standard $40 Fossil watch.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    ..not to mention the fact that I have 'real' inside knowledge when it comes to the watches. Omega only supplied 42mm Planet Oceans, no 45.5mm's. They also suppplied only 4, NOT 50 8-) What the Hell would they do with 50? They only supplied 12 Seamasters in TWINE when they were using them filled with gadgets for different scenes.

Hey Asp9mm, welcome back!
    Can ya see, that I have been defending yourself (which is something, I would never have imagined to be happen - I am ashamed by myself ;%)

urhash wrote:
    Is it possible to get the Planet Ocean with the Seamaster bracelet? I love everything about it except the bracelet, which to be honest looks like something you'd find on a standard $40 Fossil watch.

Infact it is :))

k5211 wrote:
    Sir Miles

Back to topic, which I started, indeed, and apologies for those offended. I havent told any lies ? merely started a thread people seemed genuinely interested in. I think I'll bow out anyway, many thanks.

Lies ? How about "50 Omegas on set for filming ?

When it comes to watches - and Bond Omega watches in particular - there is only one person to ask - Asp9mm.

What he says is set in stone for me - period !

When are these watches due for the stores ? I have already seen one of the black special editions for sale on ebay - and the store I buy mine from has just had their licence to sell Omegas pulled - just because they give a discount X-(
    YNWA 97
  • sandy007robbsandy007robb Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    On the subject of stores giving discounts- Can you negotiate with high street stores for a discount or will they just refuse point blank. I am considering buying the 42mm PO Bond but the £2000 price is £250 dearer than what can be found from online retailers. I would prefer to buy from a high street store but £250 is a big difference.
    Sir M, the limited edition black dial/bezel Seamasters have been available for about six weeks. The QOS limited edition should be available in the next six to eight weeks, although things are not 100% certain about that yet.

Bondtoys, It's about time you defended me as I'm always right. Everytime I defended you, I looked a complete dick as you are usually wrong or not even talking about the same subject as everyone else 8-)
    edited August 2008
    :))
    you may look like a dick, others have....

Sir Miles wrote:
    and the store I buy mine from has just had their licence to sell Omegas pulled - just because they give a discount X-(

Maybe, it would have been better NOT to advertise their entire name and the discounts here on the board :D

• milobouermilobouer Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I really want to get the new Bond omega watch when it comes out. Do they increase with value or are they more mainstream?
    hmmmmmm "Sir Miles"

I was passing on what a guy on a movie set told me, maybe he was exaggerating, i dont claim to have "inside knowledge" If you had explained that someone on the forum knew 100% for definate that 4 were being issued then that would have ended the question. thats all i wanted to know really. its a shame th8-)
    I think, that everyone is able to read and build his own opinion.
    And hasn't it been you, who started up on the expert? Is it our fault, that you have not been reading all posts to find out yourself that Asp9mm is an expert with lots of inside infos?

I think, it would be betterfor you to be calm instead of starting the next offense in a hopeless mission.

Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir M, the limited edition black dial/bezel Seamasters have been available for about six weeks. The QOS limited edition should be available in the next six to eight weeks, although things are not 100% certain about that yet.

Thanks for the info, Asp9mm -{
    YNWA 97
    Bump...

Figured with the new trailer tonight we will be talking about the watch or watches we will spot...
    Everyone enjoy the trailer, hope the website is ready for a spike in traffic {[]
    edited September 2008
    I saw this post on jamesbondwatches.blogspot.com

Anyone seen the ad mentioned in the post?

http://jamesbondwatches.blogspot.com/2008/09/omega-confirms-james-bond-watch-model.html
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I've seen an ad featuring Daniel Craig in Esquire in the US.
    Not to sound like a doubting Thomas, but has ANYONE spotted a Seamaster in any scene from QoS so far? All I've seen is a PO or a naked wrist.
    The article I posted to talks about a Seamaster Planet Ocean. I have heard from a couple of sources that there is no SMP, just the Planet Ocean in this movie.
    For continuity's sake, he should be wearing the blue Seamaster in the PTS.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    For continuity's sake, he should be wearing the blue Seamaster in the PTS.

Yeah, he should; and a Brioni three-piece suit. But Tom Ford and Omega may have purchased their own continuity.
    Tom Ford may have copied the watches too. :p
    That wouldn't suprise me. They slapped their name on some OP aviators and jacked the price up.
    urhash wrote:

And for the next film we'll have Tom Ford PPK's, P99's and a Tom Ford DBS.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    urhash wrote:

And for the next film we'll have Tom Ford PPK's, P99's and a Tom Ford DBS.

All twice as expensive as the regular ones.
    Eon Productions presents Daniel Craig in Tom Ford as James Bond IN.........