Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    God, she looks miserable. Smile Satsuki, your date is James Bond.
    I couldn't agree more - in fact almost every photo of her when she is on the red carpet is with a grimace of "I'm here to support my very famous boyfriend (and yes I know, fiancée
    but she's not married to him YET :v ) and not here for my directing skills" which I guess must 'rub' somewhat, but still - for Christs sake, you're with DANIEL CRAIG -(and I say that with pure envy, not with 'well what do you expect' for those who don't agree with me :)) :)) )

But that dress is shocking, I suppose she was going with all those frills to add more curves, let's face it, she is rather straight and down, but somehow it doesn't quite suit her. The colour is great on her skin tone, but the actual design, is rather OTT for such a small frame.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    But that dress is shocking, I suppose she was going with all those frills to add more curves, let's face it, she is rather straight and down, but somehow it doesn't quite suit her. The colour is great on her skin tone, but the actual design, is rather OTT for such a small frame.

The picture I posted was quite flattering.I've seen others since from the front and it does her no favours.Its needs someone with a little more front, if you know what I mean.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    shame on you NP....that has to be one of the most famous lines in the ultimate chick-flick...

Dirty Dancing....

BTW Lady Rose, did you know that it's also one of the many goofs in the film?....

Now just to prove that guys can also be feline, enjoy these snaps of Huge with his beau, Deborra-Lee Furness...

she kinda reminds me of Peta Wilson, who would in my humble opinion, have made THE ultimate bond girl (when she was shooting La Femme Nikita..)

hughjackmanwife.jpg

hughjackman_narrowweb__300x4910.jpg

now was that becks and vicks goes to a funeral?...
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    Having watched QoS on DVD, I have the feeling, that Gemma gained some kgs in the time between the Bolivia arrival and the Party.

judging from her face - well besides of the terrible makeup and styling, which makes her 10 yrs. older - she appears to be well fed. :v

am I wrong?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    coming back to a very old topic:

I have not seen Alessandra for a while here on the board.
    Alessandra, hope, that you are doing well!

Have you ever been able to find some information regarding Dominos black swimming suit?

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    how observant of you BT...

Alessandra, come back, we all miss you...
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Yay Monique !!! You've come back to the cooler .... I just knew an abundance of glamourous clothes and jewellery would bring you out :)) :)) ... I'm assuming Ale is still shopping for shoes in the sales :(|) ...

Actually, as this is a Bond forum we should pay special attention to the future Mrs Craig, Satsuki Mitchell, who was there with our man.

article-1152470-03A01601000005DC-62_306x613.jpg

Not very keen on her outfit but I do like the colour. Apparently its Christian Lacroix.
    I dont think its awful but I preferred her 2007 dress.

Nice to see the guys opting for a more tradtional black tie look.I much prefer it to the variations that've been around the past couple of years.

I've actually been dealing with much more serious things. And unfortunately haven't had time to deal with anything else. Things are better now though.

Thank you for the messages, awww it's good to be missed. I am sorry I have abandoned the forum and this thread in particular, life got in the way. I will try and make it up to you guys (and ladies :D)

Now.... Hugh presenting the Oscars?? Swoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! THAT is the one thing I still haven't recovered from! :D

I missed you all, it's such a pleasure to read the entertainment on here!

now about the dresses: Whoopi Goldberg: eeeeeeekkk!!! Lady Rose is right, she really needs a best friend! Awful pick!

PS: the board has changed and my inbox has disappeared :O So if any of you sent me PMs, just know I have NONE left! :O Sorry for the off-topic.
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Having watched QoS on DVD, I have the feeling, that Gemma gained some kgs in the time between the Bolivia arrival and the Party.

judging from her face - well besides of the terrible makeup and styling, which makes her 10 yrs. older - she appears to be well fed. :v

am I wrong?

I saw recent photos and was shocked at the change. She really has gained quite some kgs! :O Well, there's always working out to fix it :D

Now, about the above photos of Hugh Jackman and wifey?? My goodness!!! What was it with her and her hair stylist that day?? she looks DREADFUL.

I loved La Femme Nikita and think Peta Wilson would've been a terrific Bond girl.. but as an even more rabid fan of "Alias" I think Jennifer Garner would've been the ULTIMATE Bond girl.
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Who's the bread in the Alessandra sandwich then? :o
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Who's the bread in the Alessandra sandwich then? :o
    :)) :))

I changed the avatar meantime.. Didn't feel right to display two of my friends, one of whom happily married, on a Bond site :)) And it's me in the photo, except that having had to resize it I look like I don't have an eye! :)) I assure you all I have BOTH eyes :))
    I suppose you look quite fit Al, except that grin is freaking me out... Messy background too. Can't you find something better? :))

PM me some pics and I will select the best... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited July 2009
    hi, Alessandra,

good to see you on the board again!

Welcome back!
    smiley_rose.gif

feuer.giffeuer.giffeuer.giffeuer.giffeuer.gif

Awww thank you Bondtoys! :D

NP, sure, you can select what is best.. but hey, grin freaking you out??? :)) I'm not a henchwoman!! :)) I'm a Bond girl! :D

I will see if something else doesn't get so messed up when resized, this photo really looks weird when so small :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Yeyyyyyy .....Ales back!! :D

Just checked in for the first time in a while and saw the watercooler was very busy!

Excellent ;)

Hey ale, are you hot footing it over to Broadway to see Hugh and Dan as cops in 'A Steady Rain' ??
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Yeyyyyyy .....Ales back!! :D

Just checked in for the first time in a while and saw the watercooler was very busy!

Excellent ;)

Hey ale, are you hot footing it over to Broadway to see Hugh and Dan as cops in 'A Steady Rain' ??

Hi Steph!! :x

Well I'm hot footing it over to NYC in the first place but for other reasons. I'm going over in September, we'll see what I can do to check on the man (Hugh, as you know Daniel's not my type, though acting-wise this should certainly be interesting :D).

Oh by the way. I have seen Bond girl Gemma Arterton in something very Bond Girl-discussion.... a tv movie called Lost in Austen. I ADORE Jane Austen and that thing was quite amusing I must say. And Gemma Arterton really isn't my cup of tea, though I have to say I found her much better in that Austen piece than she was in Bond. Everytime I look at this, I cringe:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm555324416/nm0185819

How, how on earth did they "dress" a Bond girl like that? :s It's un-classy, inelegant, all creased and it's not even one of those innovative Burberry ones.. at least pick the one Charlotte wore in "Sex and the City", slim, with the Burberry check all over, with a feminine, elegant cut. This thing here is one of the most unflattering Bond girl outfits EVER. :s And with her being so pale and with red hair, it looks even worse. Don't stylists on those set have eyes anymore? They need a best friend too!!:))
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Odd but Fields has become more iconic for me than most secondary Bond girls, because of the frumpy trench coat. :o :p Also like the stark contrast between that outfit and the party dress - the whole package just works for me.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Hey Ale..welcome back! Things look pretty different around here I know! I am STILL getting used to it...but the more regulars that return makes it feel more like home every day! :)
    ?:) Check your email, Al'! Those photos haven't arrived yet... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Monique wrote:
    Hey Ale..welcome back! Things look pretty different around here I know! I am STILL getting used to it...but the more regulars that return makes it feel more like home every day! :)

Monique!!! :D We have to plan that shoe shopping trip :))

NP you mean you were SERIOUS!? :o :o :)) :))
    "Of course, dear girl...."

terrythomas.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Just for Ale and I since we love him, Pierce over the 4th of July weekend in Hawaii. At 56 he still looks awesome. I have to link it because they won't let you copy pics from that site. Is that his Seamaster watch? I think it is.....

http://splashnewsonline.celebuzz.com/2009/07/bfm_enlarged/enlarged-pierce-brosnan-remember-me-rpattz.html?bfm_index=4&bfm_page=0
    no, it's a Panerai....

It's pretty. :)
    Monique wrote:
    Just for Ale and I since we love him, Pierce over the 4th of July weekend in Hawaii. At 56 he still looks awesome. I have to link it because they won't let you copy pics from that site. Is that his Seamaster watch? I think it is.....

http://splashnewsonline.celebuzz.com/2009/07/bfm_enlarged/enlarged-pierce-brosnan-remember-me-rpattz.html?bfm_index=4&bfm_page=0

Lord almighty, he does look awesome!! :x Panerai watch... Italian! :D
    "Of course, dear girl...."

terrythomas.jpg

:)) :))

HE always cracks me up :))
    Alessandra wrote:

Lord almighty, he does look awesome!! :x Panerai watch... Italian! :D

ahem... there is not much more italian on this watch than its name 8-)

But I agree, he looks good himself and with the watch. Just waiting for the TD fraction to chime in and complain that he's not looking hard-edged enough :D

Bondtoys wrote:

Have you ever been able to find some information regarding Dominos black swimming suit?

....and by the way, dearest :x I am having no reply on this. Or is it, that you are ignoring me recently :(

Bondtoys wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

....and by the way, dearest :x I am having no reply on this. Or is it, that you are ignoring me recently :(

no I'm not! sorry!! I tried my best but couldn't find out. Though I can reprise the quest now I guess.

I was kidding about the watch (officine panerai) and that's why I put :D LOL

Pierce looks fab, period. ;%
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Just a quick comment on a fashion trend I am seeing around Chicago which I personally hate. In the spring I started noticing women wearing brightly colored boots that looked more like old fashion galoshes.

http://www.shoebuy.com/womens-rain-boots.htm

Seems the second it gets a little damp a large segment of the female population has to break out these brightly colored boots. To me they are very unfeminine. What is really odd is I see some women wear them when it isn't wet. I also noticed that many times the brightly colored boots clash with the rest of the woman's outfit. But I'm a guy, so what do I know.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Seems the second it gets a little damp a large segment of the female population has to break out these brightly colored boots. To me they are very unfeminine.
    What makes them unfeminine? ?:)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman