Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Thread is way better when just the ladies are posting.

Sorry. Made an observation about shoes in a shoes thread (re Alle's first post). My bad.

For the record, my comment was not directed towards you Blue, I apologize if it seemed like it was. It was just a comment in general, that I find this thread enlightening when just the ladies are discussing things amongst themselves. Gives me a little glimpse into their world, scary as it is. :))
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Don't worry, I'm sure Blueman knew exactly what you - and everyone else who has commented - meant.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Actually I didn't take it the way Barry just explained, but I get where he's coming from now (and pretty much agree ;% ). Thanks for the clarification, Barry, and going back to stealth-mode now! :v :D
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    I take it the "transparent" you're talking about is the tulle and lace dress yes? :D Men don't quite have the same words as women when describing clothes :)) :))

I actually liked that look on Sophie Marceau... thought she was evil and sexy as hell. Which I guess was exactly the intent of the scene?? :)) And I loved, loved, loved the skiing scene, that very much looked like classic (and classy) Bond to me. I thought that was a fantastic Bond girl scene in many ways, and for sure style-wise :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Girl-on-girl interaction... {:)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    And I loved, loved, loved the skiing scene, that very much looked like classic (and classy) Bond to me. I thought that was a fantastic Bond girl scene in many ways, and for sure style-wise :D

Isn't that a great scene? I love how Elektra started the scene by jumping out of the helicopter in her skis, and Bond following her after some hesitation, as if he was thinking "She is one crazy girl!" :) I think he started to fall for her in that scene. I also love how the camera pulled back and did justice to the breathtaking scenery, and that music is fantastic ("Snow Business" is one of the most frequently played tracks on my iPod).

To me, that scene is one of the best in terms of capturing the feel and the essence of the cinematic Bond's universe (IMO, it's up there with the first shot of Connery in DN, the moment that Bond proposed to Tracy in OHMSS, and the car race with Xenia down the mountain in GE).
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I remember liking the visceral quality of the beginning of that scene, but was also scratching my head over the why of it, even for nudge-nudge wink-wink Bond, I just couldn't go along with what was happening. Pretty yes, but pretty dumb too. But I suppose we all have our own and unique Bond-glasses for stuff like that, different strokes.

I like what they were going for with that character more than what they achieved.
    Alessandra wrote:
    And I loved, loved, loved the skiing scene, that very much looked like classic (and classy) Bond to me. I thought that was a fantastic Bond girl scene in many ways, and for sure style-wise :D

Isn't that a great scene? I love how Elektra started the scene by jumping out of the helicopter in her skis, and Bond following her after some hesitation, as if he was thinking "She is one crazy girl!" :) I think he started to fall for her in that scene. I also love how the camera pulled back and did justice to the breathtaking scenery, and that music is fantastic ("Snow Business" is one of the most frequently played tracks on my iPod).

To me, that scene is one of the best in terms of capturing the feel and the essence of the cinematic Bond's universe (IMO, it's up there with the first shot of Connery in DN, the moment that Bond proposed to Tracy in OHMSS, and the car race with Xenia down the mountain in GE).

I completely agree.. and since we're focused on the Bond girl STYLE here.. I'll have to say that is one of the best Bond skiing attires ever for her :D Sophie looked great in that attire. Well I loved Elektra in general, despite the fact she was.... meeeeannnn :v

Must say Sophie's outfit for the premiere was probably among those we said were ahem.. not up to par? :)) :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    Alessandra wrote:

Must say Sophie's outfit for the premiere was probably among those we said were ahem.. not up to par? :)) :))

Would this be the famous case of "wardrobe malfunction" by any chance? :)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    No, she had that awful floral number on for the TWINE premiere! :)) Her wardbrobe malfunction happened at Cannes in 2005. :))

Frosbitten, just for you if you can handle it.. :v

Mods remove it if it's too racy for AJB. ;%

http://lydadelacruz.multiply.com/video/item/18

I absolutely love her expression and reaction to it...she handled it QUICKLY and gracefully! Don't really love the dress, but she looks pretty. Who needs underwear anyway when you are Sophie Marceau? :))
    Monique wrote:

Help! I think I'm going into cardiac arrest ... :))

Mo, that was cruel! Nice, but cruel... ;)

Now, I realize I haven't taken into account Elektra's "hidden assets"!
    Monique wrote:
    Who needs underwear anyway when you are Sophie Marceau? :))

My thought exactly :)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Haha, sorry frostbitten!

I'm full of videos tonight. This is usually Hardy's job for Izzy, but since a lot of the guys come here now... :v

Olga is in Maxim this month! They are calling her the "Hottest Bond Girl Ever"! Pretty big shoes to fill I think. She is looking fantastic though. Here is her video shoot:

http://maxim.com/OlgaKurylenkoThrowsoffherBonds/girls_of_maxim/video/45956/4403.aspx

And the rest of the pics:

http://maxim.com/OlgaKurylenkoDecember20082/girls_of_maxim/45524/4403.aspx

What do you guys think? Too pin up?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    as you have asked Mo, I am not excited about the Maxim pics.
    It left me cold as the entire movie has left me cold.
    I don't know what it is, I probably like to keep her in my mind with the black dress and barefoot after the battle. Maybe, I am getting old :#

She looks pretty tough and fragile at the same time at the end of the movie, I can't find too much of this in the Maxim pics.

Not that I generally don't like the 007 girls in some additionaly photo shootings :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Monique wrote:

I absolutely love her expression and reaction to it...she handled it QUICKLY and gracefully! Don't really love the dress, but she looks pretty. Who needs underwear anyway when you are Sophie Marceau? :))

If its going to happen then at least be cool about it ... unlike our 'national treasure' tv host Judy Finnigan during the prestigious National TV Awards ( which are also broadcast live) .... watch and cringe ;%

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0apAF7GXPz4
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,674Chief of Staff
    Monique wrote:

Mods remove it if it's too racy for AJB. ;%

http://lydadelacruz.multiply.com/video/item/18

You know Mo...that sequence has been knocking around the secret MOD bunker for awhile now. I'd love to tell you who posted it there but Hardyboy would be real mad if I told on him :o ;)
    YNWA 97
    Monique wrote:

Olga is in Maxim this month! They are calling her the "Hottest Bond Girl Ever"! Pretty big shoes to fill I think. She is looking fantastic though.

What do you guys think? Too pin up?

I like her pictures. Somehow, I've always felt that QoS didn't do Olga justice in showcasing her natural sex appeal (just to clarify, this does not have anything to do with how much or how little she's wearing :) ). She looks much better, to my eyes at least, in the Maxim or Empire photos.
    edited December 2008
    This one is for Alessandra: ;%

Yesterday in Germany's most popular show (Wetten dass..) (infact the biggest audience all over Europe..):

Hugh Jackman together with Nicole Kidman as guests.
    Later came our minister for family and young people, Ursula von der Leyen. She's a pretty conservative woman with 7 (!!) children (5 daughters and 2 boys).

The Showmaster tried to small talk with her and she immediately interrupted him, ran to the sofa, where Hugh was sitting and went next to him. She said, that this has been something, that she ever wanted and smiled like a teenager.
    She mentioned also that her daughters will be very very sad now.
    vdl1.jpg

Later on ( a long story) she climbed into a rubbinsh bean and then came the moment where she tried to get off.
    vdl5.jpg
    Hugh ran to her and "saved" her, hilarious laughs for everybody, in the hall and in front of the TVs.
    vdl3.jpg
    vdl2.jpg
    vdl4.jpg

Not to mention the :) :) :) in the face of my wife everytime, Hugh was seen there :#

Youtube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8MWo9CpSc

• RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    You know possibly the worst thing about Hugh Jackman? He's got it all. He's absolutely drop-dead, mind-blowingly gorgeous. He can sing. He can dance. He can act (okay, he's not going to do Hamlet, but so what). And he's just an all-round nice guy.

Positively sickening. Why can't we get footage of him kicking a puppy or something?

Still, he could kick as many puppies as you like, he's still top of my Christmas list.
    edited December 2008
    Bondtoys wrote:
    This one is for Alessandra: ;%

Yesterday in Germany's most popular show (Wetten dass..) (infact the biggest audience all over Europe..):

Hugh Jackman together with Nicole Kidman as guests.
    Later came our minister for family and young people, Ursula von der Leyen. She's a pretty conservative woman with 7 (!!) children (5 daughters and 2 boys).

The Showmaster tried to small talk with her and she immediately interrupted him, ran to the sofa, where Hugh was sitting and went next to him. She said, that this has been something, that she ever wanted and smiled like a teenager.
    She mentioned also that her daughters will be very very sad now.
    vdl1.jpg

Later on ( a long story) she climbed into a rubbinsh bean and then came the moment where she tried to get off.
    Hugh ran to her and "saved" her, hilarious laughs for everybody, in the hall and in front of the TVs.

vdl4.jpg

Not to mention the :) :) :) in the face of my wife everytime, Hugh was seen there :#

Youtube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A8MWo9CpSc

Oh... my... GOD. I go away for a few days, come back and find this. Please put a specific warning before stuff like this?? "Too much hotness will kill you" or something? (hey this could be a Bond girl line :)) :))) I am at a loss for words, I really am. Especially to define the lucky ***** in the photo with him?!?!??! X-(

I think this sums it up well:
    Ravenstone wrote:
    You know possibly the worst thing about Hugh Jackman? He's got it all. He's absolutely drop-dead, mind-blowingly gorgeous. He can sing. He can dance. He can act (okay, he's not going to do Hamlet, but so what). And he's just an all-round nice guy.

Positively sickening. Why can't we get footage of him kicking a puppy or something?

Still, he could kick as many puppies as you like, he's still top of my Christmas list.

Oh yeah. Top of mine too and I'm afraid many other women's :)) :)) BUT we are Bond girls, we shall triumph in the fight :v

I am also afraid the lady in the photos has more style than some of the recently seen Bond girls :))
    I think the lady in the photo deserves credit for keeping her knees together. I'm fed up of seeing women who lack any decorum. When I remember how I used to practice getting in and out of cars in a mini skirt by sitting on the coffee table and sliding.......
    edited December 2008
    Alessandra wrote:

Oh... my... GOD. I go away for a few days, come back and find this. Please put a specific warning before stuff like this?? "Too much hotness will kill you" or something? (hey this could be a Bond girl line :)) :))) I am at a loss for words, I really am. Especially to define the lucky ***** in the photo with him?!?!??! X-(

I am also afraid the lady in the photos has more style than some of the recently seen Bond girls :))

Hello Alessandra,

glad that you liked it.

Entire Germany was talking about this last Monday and Tuesday and nobody even mentioned Nicole Kidman there. Infact, the presented herself very reserved and a bit arrogant, she also left after 1 hour, Hugh staid until the end.

He sold himself extremely well, very confident, gentleman and very funny. If you are watching the clip carefully, you may see that Hugh and the moderator are wearing different shoes.

You must know, that the host, Thomas Gottschalk is known for his very bad style in order to clothing and shoes and he had silver shoes. At the beginning of the show, Hugh mentioned his shoes and Thomas suggested to swap and that's what they did with ONE shoe.

My wife was watching Hugh always like :x :x :x and I could see something in her face looking at me : "why don't you have only 10% of him?" :#

Alessandra and Ravenstone:

About the styling of Mrs. von der Leyen: She's 50 now and until she became minister 3 years ago, her styling has been like the one on the right:

vdl7.jpg

I would say, that her stylist made a very good job.

Here we go ladies ... I thought of something we could discusss and funnily enough the reporter here does a direct comparison between Hugh and Daniel ....

Hair or no hair? That is the question .... :))

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1097851/Whats-attractive--hairy-chests-polished-pecs.html
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Here we go ladies ... I thought of something we could discusss and funnily enough the reporter here does a direct comparison between Hugh and Daniel ....

Hair or no hair? That is the question .... :))

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1097851/Whats-attractive--hairy-chests-polished-pecs.html

:)) :)) :)) :)) Seriously??! It's not the thing itself, it's the man who has the chest that makes the difference! I prefer NO hair but I never find DC sexy, and Hugh does have chest hair but I find him incredibly sexy and attractive... I adore Matthew McConaughey and he is smooth like a baby on his pecs. It's the man, not the thing itself! The thing is... don't overdo it. Hugh doesn't have much hair there after all, and that's what works. Hairy men are a turnoff for me, sorry :)) So if it really is a LOT, then it is a problem. If it's just some, I can deal with it NO problem, if the bearer is Hugh :))

A whole post about men chest hair.. that's a new one for Bond girl style :)) :))
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Hair definitely. Gives you something to hold on to ;)

When it comes to something to hold on to, DC has the ears. ;)

I know. I've got a mind like a Welsh railway - one track and dirty :D

I love hairy chests. Loathe hairy backs. However, there are exceptions to the rule. And as I've already mentioned many times already - DC is soooooo not my type - but still. It would be rude not to ;)
    Alex wrote:

:)) :)) :)) :))

Ravenstone I think when it comes to certain ahem.. topics (HUGH :x) many of us tend to have a mindset similar to yours :)) :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:
    Ravenstone I think when it comes to certain ahem.. topics (HUGH :x) many of us tend to have a mindset similar to yours :)) :)) :))

Oh I believe it. Similar, certainly. As downright filthy? Well, perhaps. But I doubt it. ;%
  • DrMaybeDrMaybe Posts: 204MI6 Agent
    I finally got curious enough to look in this thread and see what it was about. I was wondering why everybody was talking about watercoolers for so long. :s
    DrMaybe wrote:
    I finally got curious enough to look in this thread and see what it was about. I was wondering why everybody was talking about watercoolers for so long. :s

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

One of the best posts EVAH! :)) :)) :))

So give us your thoughts? Favourite Bond girl style? :D

And MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! -{
    Alessandra wrote:

And MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! -{

Merry Christmas to all those round the cooler!! -{

I may not be here in the New Year, because when Santa finally leaves Timothy Dalton in my stocking, I'm going to be far too busy to talk shoes :v