Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    Mrs.Bryce wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:

For me, Roger Moore looks his youngest and best as James Bond in The Man With The Golden Gun even though it was the year after Live and Let Die. As for who looks the youngest in a particular film I would say Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye (1995). He looks almost too young to play Bond yet he was 42.

Yeah, he looked like he hadn't aged during that year, and I don't think he looked like he'd aged much by TSWLM either. And that's a pretty good point too, I think maybe the hair takes years off; so fellas don't be cutting your hair too short by age 42, if it hasn't already fallen out by then.. :))
    I guess haircuts are one thing you CAN take out of Brozzer's books, just don't stray too close to his books on selecting nice loafers.. :))

Actually those are beautiful loafers....Probably Tods... They just need a clean.... :s

And they don't go well with black outfits....

They're probably brozzers fav shoes and he wears them to death... I hv an old pair of deckshoes that are irreplaceable - fit like gloves and treat my feet like geishas...

But I've worn them to death.... I still wear them to go the gym etc...

It's not as though he' s on his uppers....

:lol: they do need a clean but those are not Tod's... the pattern is not that of Tod's and they don't have the Tod's sole or rubber detail on the tallon, but I agree those aren't nasty shoes. And he's just dressed casual. I think the color isn't a problem here. The problem is they need to be cleaned and that horrid bag needs to go :))

I agree Pierce and Roger have many things in common when it comes to Bond, but above all they have that beautiful characteristic of being actor's actors. It's definitely the acting approach I prefer and I find it particularly important in a role like Bond. They shine regardless because they're perfect for the part, but they manage to do so by making first and foremost the other person in the scene shine. A perfect gentleman's approach. :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I'm shocked. No discussion of the current ladies (I find them both so dull I can't seem to remember their names) at the BAFTA's ? I thought that they both looked dreadful. Bad hair and I'll fitting dresses, no class whatsoever. Surely the worst in what is becoming a reasonably long line of very unexciting Women. Your views?
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Here are a couple of pics from the BAFTA's featuring the ladies in question, Naomie Harris and Berenice Marlohe. I will leave the debate to the more fashion-conscious amongst you.

Naomie_Harris_and_Berenice_Marlohe_arrives_at_Bafta_Awards_43.jpg

bafta_2012_2.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Mrs.Bryce wrote:
    I agree, they need a clean!
    By the way, by nice I meant clean, and polished! Sorry, I should've been more specific! That's what we say for clean and polished where I go to school! :))

Ahah, and true that they aren't working as well with his outfit, but hey, we all have off days! :))

I have a pair of shoes, not loafers however, that I wear to death, my Doc Martens!
    I'm surprised they aren't in need of a polish and clean! :))

And I like that line, treat my feet like geishas. Will be using that one when I can! :)

Glad you liked the phrase mrsB... You should try the actual experience ;)

And you can't beat doc Martens for comfort and practicality... Might as well be comfortable as you kick your way through lifes obstructions.. :D
    Tend to agree alle, that a gentleman makes his companion shine...

Shame he can't make his shoes shine...

Btw what make are these shoes.... I'm going to buy myself a pair....

Semper fi

Alessandra wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Mrs.Bryce wrote:

Yeah, he looked like he hadn't aged during that year, and I don't think he looked like he'd aged much by TSWLM either. And that's a pretty good point too, I think maybe the hair takes years off; so fellas don't be cutting your hair too short by age 42, if it hasn't already fallen out by then.. :))
    I guess haircuts are one thing you CAN take out of Brozzer's books, just don't stray too close to his books on selecting nice loafers.. :))

Actually those are beautiful loafers....Probably Tods... They just need a clean.... :s

They're probably brozzers fav shoes and he wears them to death... I hv an old pair of deckshoes that are irreplaceable - fit like gloves and treat my feet like geishas...

:lol: they do need a clean but those are not Tod's... the pattern is not that of Tod's and they don't have the Tod's sole or rubber detail on the tallon, but I agree those aren't nasty shoes. And he's just dressed casual. I think the color isn't a problem here. The problem is they need to be cleaned and that horrid bag needs to go :))

I agree Pierce and Roger have many things in common when it comes to Bond, but above all they have that beautiful characteristic of being actor's actors. It's definitely the acting approach I prefer and I find it particularly important in a role like Bond. They shine regardless because they're perfect for the part, but they manage to do so by making first and foremost the other person in the scene shine. A perfect gentleman's approach. :D
    zaphod wrote:
    I'm shocked. No discussion of the current ladies (I find them both so dull I can't seem to remember their names) at the BAFTA's ? I thought that they both looked dreadful. Bad hair and I'll fitting dresses, no class whatsoever. Surely the worst in what is becoming a reasonably long line of very unexciting Women. Your views?

I just showed the photos to my mother. Her question "who are these two?" "the next two Bond girls" "you've got to be kidding me! The one in yellow is downright ugly!" :))

That about sums it up. Holy Mother of all Fashion Missteps :O They look dreadful. And, absolutely agreed, no class whatsoever. The hair, let's not even get into it. The cut of Naomi Harris's dress is AWFUL. And Bérenice, darling, if you're wearing a dress that is very simple (TOO simple) in a non stretch fabric and that has zero support on the breast, you MUST wear a bra. Her boobs look AWFUL in that thing! They're inexorably looking down :O (what is that dress? a sack?). Also, fine go for simple, but wear appropriate lingerie AND accessorize appropriately as well. If the dress is simple, the accessories must be important. These two have zero idea where to begin. None. And sadly they're extremely unclassy as well.

Where are Bond girls going these days? This is just a poor excuse for Bond girl class. :#

I haven't been posting because I fell victim to a horrible flu and I've spent the past three days in bed... still feeling dreadful but at least getting a bit better today.
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    So what's the make of shoe alle?
    ke02eww wrote:
    Tend to agree alle, that a gentleman makes his companion shine...

Shame he can't make his shoes shine...

Btw what make are these shoes.... I'm going to buy myself a pair....

Semper fi

Alessandra wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited February 2012
    Hey Alessandra

hope, that you get over with the flu soon :x
    I can only agree with the white and yellow dress and wanted to remember how a Bond girl dress should look like:

rosamund-pike-1.jpg

GA.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    ...and the good thing:
    no lingerie necessary :D

• HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

I just showed the photos to my mother. Her question "who are these two?" "the next two Bond girls" "you've got to be kidding me! The one in yellow is downright ugly!" :))

That about sums it up. Holy Mother of all Fashion Missteps :O They look dreadful. And, absolutely agreed, no class whatsoever. The hair, let's not even get into it. The cut of Naomi Harris's dress is AWFUL. And Bérenice, darling, if you're wearing a dress that is very simple (TOO simple) in a non stretch fabric and that has zero support on the breast, you MUST wear a bra. Her boobs look AWFUL in that thing! They're inexorably looking down :O (what is that dress? a sack?). Also, fine go for simple, but wear appropriate lingerie AND accessorize appropriately as well. If the dress is simple, the accessories must be important. These two have zero idea where to begin. None. And sadly they're extremely unclassy as well.

Where are Bond girls going these days? This is just a poor excuse for Bond girl class. :#

I haven't been posting because I fell victim to a horrible flu and I've spent the past three days in bed... still feeling dreadful but at least getting a bit better today.

hi Alessandra,
    we've missed you...

i have to say, again, ms Berenice is absolutely gorgeous...
    its almost like she is teasing us guys with her dresses, refusing to show us anything...but those curves underneath are very tantalizing... :v ...and her hair makes her neck seem very inviting...so i see a perfectly clad Berenice (plus white looks fantastic on her.)

ms harris...one thing she doesnt lack is confidence in herself...

Bondtoys, is the blonde miranda frost?
    Halcon wrote:

Yes

And BT, that charm your wife gave you for Xmas seems to still be as sharp and distinctive as ever, but note, it only needs one spray per day.. 8-)
    ke02eww wrote:
    Halcon wrote:

Yes

And BT, that charm your wife gave you for Xmas seems to still be as sharp and distinctive as ever, but note, it only needs one spray per day.. 8-)

holy cow! what a beauty!
    the outfit is actually silly looking and not grace kelly-ish in the least, yet she knocks you out completely with her hotness!
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Halcon wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

hi Alessandra,
    we've missed you...

i have to say, again, ms Berenice is absolutely gorgeous...
    its almost like she is teasing us guys with her dresses, refusing to show us anything...but those curves underneath are very tantalizing... :v ...and her hair makes her neck seem very inviting...so i see a perfectly clad Berenice (plus white looks fantastic on her.)

ms harris...one thing she doesnt lack is confidence in herself...

I thought that she looked quite cute at Press Conference, but no more than that. What alarmed me was the cheap looking dye job.
    ke02eww wrote:

I can keep on spraying all the time - and it never gets empty :))

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Here, hold on - what happened to my brilliant John Merrick joke? :o
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Is this it?

lg_Fashion_Beast_Tamer_Elephant.jpg

Real Bond girl potential there I'd say.......both of them. :D
    not a fan of long dresses, but Salma can't be wrong in any of these:

salma-hayek-in-gucci-2012-goya-awards__oPt.jpg

Bondtoys wrote:
    not a fan of long dresses, but Salma can't be wrong in any of these:

salma-hayek-in-gucci-2012-goya-awards__oPt.jpg

bondtoys,

in fact, there is nothing wrong with my compatriot, Salma is perfect. (visions of from dusk til dawn, flooding my brain :v )
    ke02eww wrote:

Forgive me for not replying before. I am unsure, they for sure aren't Tod's. They may be Cole Haan but that pattern just doesn't seem like their style either, Haan has a style that is more sleek. I really don't know, they must be an American brand though because no stylish European would be caught dead with that "hay basket" pattern on a loafer :)) :)) European brands that I know of do not produce such models. I may need to check whether Cole Haan actually does (beautiful shoes for men, but still American so they may have more uhm, old-style stuff? :)) )

Re: the girls. Bérenice may be beautiful, but zaphod is absolutely right. And please, those curves underneath the dress look TERRIBLE.. can't you see that the boobs are all falling down?!?!? And not in a good way! In a "we can't stand up by ourselves because we're not firm enough and there isn't enough support in here" way. There's nothing more unflattering than that. Well, panty lines maybe. :)) Though a nice bottom with panty lines is way better than falling down boobs without a decent bra. She doesn't even have an excuse for it because that type of dress allows for built-in support without any problem whatsoever. So it's really just bad taste.

Zaphod, you're also right about the cheap dying job. Ugh, no.

THESE are Bond girls:

Carey_Lowellclow00703.jpg

2009OutfestOpeningNightGalaLaMissio.jpg

And note that even now well past their 40s they make all these youngsters eat the dirt. Because nothing makes a woman look more beautiful than elegance and class. Neither Naomi Harris nor Bérenice possess it. It's just sad to see how low the Bond girl standards have sunk. For me, also quite disappointing to see they keep picking 25-year-old girls to play the love interest of a 45 year old man. (who doesn't even look that age, because Craig looks way older than that) 8-)

That was a Gucci dress on Salma Hayek and she looked gorgeous. I am not a fan of the hair, but as far as the dress is concerned, it fits her impeccably.
    Moore Than wrote:

Is this it?

lg_Fashion_Beast_Tamer_Elephant.jpg

Real Bond girl potential there I'd say.......both of them. :D

:)) :)) :)) :))
    edited February 2012
    Alessandra wrote:

That was a Gucci dress on Salma Hayek and she looked gorgeous. I am not a fan of the hair, but as far as the dress is concerned, it fits her impeccably.

Tbh, when I see Salma, the last that I am looking at is her hair :D
    And the first movie with her, that comes to my mind is "After the sunset" :x

You can't beat a movie featuring Salma in various bikinis ;%
    Alessandra wrote:

THESE are Bond girls:

That's a very flattering Talisa pic, Alessandra.

Here is an unflattering from the same event:

37ebb0314fb1.jpg

Alessandra wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

Forgive me for not replying before. I am unsure, they for sure aren't Tod's. They may be Cole Haan but that pattern just doesn't seem like their style either, Haan has a style that is more sleek. I really don't know, they must be an American brand though because no stylish European would be caught dead with that "hay basket" pattern on a loafer :)) :)) European brands that I know of do not produce such models. I may need to check whether Cole Haan actually does (beautiful shoes for men, but still American so they may have more uhm, old-style stuff? :)) )

Re: the girls. Bérenice may be beautiful, but zaphod is absolutely right. And please, those curves underneath the dress look TERRIBLE.. can't you see that the boobs are all falling down?!?!? And not in a good way! In a "we can't stand up by ourselves because we're not firm enough and there isn't enough support in here" way. There's nothing more unflattering than that. Well, panty lines maybe. :)) Though a nice bottom with panty lines is way better than falling down boobs without a decent bra. She doesn't even have an excuse for it because that type of dress allows for built-in support without any problem whatsoever. So it's really just bad taste.

THESE are Bond girls:

And note that even now well past their 40s they make all these youngsters eat the dirt. Because nothing makes a woman look more beautiful than elegance and class. Neither Naomi Harris nor Bérenice possess it. It's just sad to see how low the Bond girl standards have sunk. For me, also quite disappointing to see they keep picking 25-year-old girls to play the love interest of a 45 year old man. (who doesn't even look that age, because Craig looks way older than that) 8-)

I love Carey Lowell as Pam Bouvier. I cannot understand why she is not more popular, she is feisty and intelligent and looks fab with both long and short hair. I know little about style or fashion but that dress she is wearing in that photo with Dalton is stunning to me. Pity it can't be seen in full.
    I love Carey Lowell as Pam Bouvier. I cannot understand why she is not more popular, she is feisty and intelligent and looks fab with both long and short hair. I know little about style or fashion but that dress she is wearing in that photo with Dalton is stunning to me. Pity it can't be seen in full.

She is by far my favourite of the "contemporary" Bond girls. You described her perfectly. And I LOVE the dress she wears in that photo, it's the one that she shortened in the elevator (How sexy was that scene?). And Carey Lowell is still beautiful to the day. And let me also tell you how happy I am to see you posting again! :D

Bondtoys you are MEAN! :)) That is clearly a really bad photo of hers! In fact the photo I have is a closer shot and she looks better... if she wasn't good looking, she'd look WORSE in the close-up than she does in the one from afar, no? :)
    Alessandra wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

THESE are Bond girls:

lol :)) by Berenice's curves i meant her waist and hips (she appears to have a delectable ratio) i am, how should i put it? a derriere man? :)) i hardly noticed her chest...but isnt it a french thing...going braless?
    Alessandra wrote:

She is by far my favourite of the "contemporary" Bond girls. You described her perfectly. And I LOVE the dress she wears in that photo, it's the one that she shortened in the elevator (How sexy was that scene?). And Carey Lowell is still beautiful to the day. And let me also tell you how happy I am to see you posting again! :D

I am genuinely surprised and flattered that you remembered me, Alessandra. Thank you for the nice compliment. I am equally delighted that you are still posting here. :) -{

That scene in the elevator has to be one of the sexiest in the whole series, Pam rocks. :x
    936full-monty-pythons-life-of-brian-screenshot.jpg

"Are there any women here?"

Lip gloss stuff... my lips get hard and scratch so I got this lip scuffer from Body Shop... don't laugh. I use it and then add lip salve but rather than losing hard skin, like you might paring down your plates (of meet... feet) I still get nasty hard skin on the lips during the day.

How do you chicks avoid that without going the whole lipstick route? ?:)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent

Lip gloss stuff... my lips get hard and scratch so I got this lip scuffer from Body Shop... don't laugh. I use it and then add lip salve but rather than losing hard skin, like you might paring down your plates (of meet... feet) I still get nasty hard skin on the lips during the day.

Sweet Jesus... :s :#
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

Oh dear, dry chapped lips are a nightmare Nap... and Kudus for you to admit it :D

I would stop with the buffer for a start. And I would get yourself a decent lip salve - vaseline intensive in the little tins, go for the one with aloe vera (green and white) I would suggest. Apply lots before you go to bed.... so that you don't lick it off (well unless you've managed to get some desirable Bond girl with you ;) ) and then during the day, when and if you can.

vaseline-lip-therapy-with-aloe-vera.jpg

And regular application is what will work.. so be patient. ;)

Also, dry lips is usually a symptom of not enough hydration... we probably don't drink enough during the winter.... so up your water content.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Okay, cool. :) Seems a lot of hassle though, thought you could just do it once and be done.

Anyway, I hope you've got that all down, secretagent... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Moore Than wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

I am genuinely surprised and flattered that you remembered me, Alessandra. Thank you for the nice compliment. I am equally delighted that you are still posting here. :) -{

That scene in the elevator has to be one of the sexiest in the whole series, Pam rocks. :x

But of course I remember you! You were one of those I chatted with most frequently on here back in the day. And I remember us having quite a few interesting battles with other people when casting news came along :)) I'm really glad you're here again! :D

Pam is the prototype of the perfect modern Bond girl. Beautiful, smart, classy... and badass! :))

Nap, I second everything Lexi said, and I know the pain. I personally swear by Blistex (only the one in the jar, there's either an ivory/white jar or a blue jar, the blue one is stronger for really extreme cases, maybe you should try that at night for a week or so to fix the immediate problem) but I'm sure the Vaseline one in the tin that Lexi mentioned is equally good. What matters is using the lip balms in jars, because in general they have a much more efficient moisturizing action than the sticks. And they usually also soothe the lips (blistex for example has a very pleasant "cold" effect on the lips that relieves the burn from dehydrated lips). Either way, you should use just one of those, nothing else, and try and put it on maybe more than once a day if you can. At night for sure, and then in the morning. That's the least that's needed. If you could put it on once in the afternoon too, all the better. Maybe after having had lunch etc.. Once you have fixed the immediate problem, I think twice a day will suffice, evening and morning. At least with Blistex. But truth is, it's always better to use it multiple times,in order to keep lips always moisturized.

Lexi is also right saying you probably need to drink more water, too... dehydrated lips usually indicate dehydration in general, so... (no, beer doesn't count :)) )