Tributes Thread

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    Having lost a parent recently, I'm with you in spirit loeff...

My sincere condolences and make sure the send off is fitting of such a full and deep life..

-{

Again sincere condolences loeff...

Make that send off special

Semper fi
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Bit slow off the mark, ajb.

Whitney Houston gone, only 48 say the headlines. Strange isn't it, they didn't say only 50 or whatever it was for Michael J.

Why is Chemmy Alcott doing better on twitter trends? Odd.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    "The template for female vocal performance for thirty years" as Paul Gambaccini so aptly said.

A sad decline and a great loss. Rest In Peace.

Whitney Houston dies: The rise and fall of a superstar.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001692
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Thomas Oscar Loeffelholz, 1939 - 2012

Lost my father on Tuesday. Visitation tonight; funeral tomorrow.

He was a guitarist par excellence---owned a music store, taught guitar, had a dance band called the Echo's Four that played all over the state for 20 years. A philosopher, a deep thinker, a complex man who thought himself simple. A sometimes difficult man, but a great one. And a great father. The hole he leaves in my life is breathtaking.

Rest in peace, Pop.
    Been terribly busy but I just stumbled upon this and I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your father, Loeff. I'm sure he was a good man because the proof's in the pudding with you and Another Loeff. You both have my condolences, man.

BTW, could your dad riff any Hendrix? ;)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Thomas Oscar Loeffelholz, 1939 - 2012

Lost my father on Tuesday. Visitation tonight; funeral tomorrow.

He was a guitarist par excellence---owned a music store, taught guitar, had a dance band called the Echo's Four that played all over the state for 20 years. A philosopher, a deep thinker, a complex man who thought himself simple. A sometimes difficult man, but a great one. And a great father. The hole he leaves in my life is breathtaking.

Rest in peace, Pop.
    Been terribly busy but I just stumbled upon this and I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your father, Loeff. I'm sure he was a good man because the proof's in the pudding with you and Another Loeff. You both have my condolences, man.

BTW, could your dad riff any Hendrix? ;)

Thanks, Pal. No, he ignored Hendrix---never trusted left-handed players B-) But he taught a lot of popular music of that time on the guitar. He could play the riff to "Day Tripper" as well as George Harrison, certainly.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Sorry for the loss Loeffelholz.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Game developer Bethesda Game Studios has lost a major concept artist, Adam Adamowicz to cancer at 44. His work is visible in their memorial page to him, including work on their best-selling Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. His last project completed with the studio was work on The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim, which has won dozens of Game of the Year awards in the media and sold over $700 million in retail since its release in November. Memorial: http://www.elderscrolls.com/
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    60th anniversary death of Knut Hamsun......after WW2 he wasn't too popular since he had supported the nazis.

He pissed Hitler off when he suggested that Norwegian prisoners to be realeased....Hitler was angry for 3 days after.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    RIP Frank Carson....it's the way he tells 'em -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    sad, just read about the death of Frank Carson.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And another stalwart from The Comedians passes away.....RIP Ken Goodwin....although it looks like he dies before Frank....settle down now, settle down... -{
    YNWA 97
    Sad to hear about the passing of both Frank Carson and Ken Goodwin. Goodwin was my favourite of The Comedians. Settle down indeed... -{
    Oddly, Starburst magazine seems to have come back from the dead, just seen a copy in the movie shop on St Martin's Lane.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Davy Jones, lead singer of the Monkees, died today of a heart attack at 66. Yes, the Monkees were the "pre-fab" four, but admit it: you like them. RIP, Davy. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Davy Jones, lead singer of the Monkees, died today of a heart attack at 66. Yes, the Monkees were the "pre-fab" four, but admit it: you like them. RIP, Davy. . .

I hadn't heard that...that's a shock...I guess that scraps their tour then !

Always did like the Monkees...I remember watching their shows way back when....

RIP Davy -{
    YNWA 97
    Hardyboy wrote:

I was a regular viewer of their tv show around the mid/late 1970's and I did like them. I'm A Believer was (and still is) a favourite. Reading the article below it was interesting to discover he was a keen horseman who was good enough to win a race as a jockey in England.

Rest In Peace, Davy. -{

Davy Jones of The Monkees dies aged 66
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17214430
    "Your name vill also go on ze list..."

BAP_BBC_5219_1299990255.jpg

Welsh actor Philip Madoc, who played the U-boat captain in sitcom Dad's Army, passes away.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I saw Phil Madoc a couple of times in the theatre...a great theatre actor...real stage presence...

RIP -{
    YNWA 97
    Two time world darts champion Jocky Wilson has died aged 62. I was a regular viewer from the late seventies through the eighties and Wilson was a great character as well as a great player. Rest In Peace.

Jocky Wilson dies two days after turning 62
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/darts/17503460
    I'm surprised no one else has posted this; but last night (Saturday), Mike Wallace, one of the greatest--and most feared--TV journalists of all time, died at 93. What passes for journalism today is truly pathetic compared to what he did. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    100th anniversary Titanic and Bram Stoker......
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I'm surprised no one else has posted this; but last night (Saturday), Mike Wallace, one of the greatest--and most feared--TV journalists of all time, died at 93. What passes for journalism today is truly pathetic compared to what he did. . .

Agree hardy boy.... Spot on -{
    edited April 2012
    Tonight marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic on it's maiden voyage. More than 1,500 passengers and crew were lost on that fateful night. I will be thinking of them and all those who have lost their lives at sea over the course of time.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    RIP Dick Clark...new years eve will never be the same :(
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Influential guitarist Bert Weedon has passed away aged 91. Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and Brian May are among the stars who learned to play guitar from his books. He was awarded an OBE in 2001 for his services to music. Rest In Peace.

Influential guitarist Bert Weedon dies
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17781762
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Like millions of others I remember getting his "Play in a Day " Guitar book many years ago.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    News came out that the original (and, to my mind, only) Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows, Jonathan Frid, died on Friday the 13th at the age of 87. Since Tim Burton's movie version of DS is about to come out, and since it looks like a parody with Johnny Depp Jack-Sparrowing it up as Barnabas, perhaps he died of shame? Well, rest in peace, Mr. Frid.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    40 yrs since George Sanders suicide........
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope