Tributes Thread

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    In one of my Bond fantasies, the producers would have used the Mr. Big character as Fleming wrote him, not the disguise for Dr. Kananga, and Duncan would have played him. Alas, it will never be. . .

That would have been very, very cool. A fine actor; rest in peace.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Karate legend Joe Lewis , 68 , cancer (was gonna play Colt , Way of Dragon.....instead Norris got his breakthru)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,636Chief of Staff
    Just wanted to pay tribute to Margaret Aspinall and everyone at the Hillsborough Family Support Group for their unstinting work and the fight/search for justice for the victims of the Hillsborough Disaster in which 96 Liverpool fans died.

Not only were they killed, but the Police and certain members of the press not only covered up what really happened - but they also blamed Liverpool fans for their deaths, for causing mayhem, being drunk and robbing the dead and urinating on the dead. Today - after 23 years of fighting for the truth - they finally got the TRUTH !

IT WAS ALL LIES.

Now for justice.

Justice For The 96: YNWA
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Tom Sims, who performed the snowboarding in the pts of AVTAK and in doing so popularised the sport, died a few days ago. I know the scene isn't top of many fans' faves, because of the Beach Boys song, but I dig it.

Here's an Obit
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    John Bond, former boss of Manchester City from the days when you could look at a goalkeeper without getting booked, the only diving was at the swimming baths and 'foreign' ownership in the league was someone who didn't live within sight of the ground.
    King of easy listening, Andy Williams has died.

Obit here

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    King of easy listening, Andy Williams has died.

Obit here

Another article here:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-andy-williams-appreciation-20120927,0,6546488.story

He happened to be one of my favourite singers...what a voice. And, paradoxically enough, he was a Facebook friend. Received this very sad news in the midst of a dreary 2-day business meeting, which did not help. Rest in peace, sir. Thank you for the music.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Herbert Lom from the Pink Panther movies has died (according to Sky News) aged 95. Best remembered playing the character Dreyfus in the movie series.

http://news.sky.com/story/990196/pink-panther-star-herbert-lom-dies
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I always enjoyed Herbert Lom--like most people I immediately identify him with Dreyfus, but he was a versatile actor who was excellent in both comedy and drama and who always made a good villain. He packed a lot into his 95 years! Godspeed, Chief Inspector!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    RIP Herbert Lom. Unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen any of his work outside of the Panther films, but he was certainly memorable in those.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad news on Herbert Lom, He was so versatile an actor. Along with comedy he
    could play a great Villain.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Lom was in an early Connery film, Hell Drivers. Also the great Ealing classic, The Ladykillers.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Lom was pretty good in Dead Zone , RIP :(

5th anniversary Lois Maxwell
    20th anniversary Anthony Dawson
    25th anniversary Pussfeller

RIP........
    Alex Karras, Blazing Saddles' Mongo, dies at 77.
    One of the funniest films ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19907369
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to Felix Baumgartner for getting the world record for height assended to in a balloon, longest freefall and first human to break the sound barrier unaided.

Raising a glass to you felix -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Congratulations to Felix Baumgartner for getting the world record for height assended to in a balloon, longest freefall and first human to break the sound barrier unaided.

Indeed... quite facinating to watch... and I felt nervous for the guy... so glad I got to see this.

Well done Felix! -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    edited October 2012
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Indeed... quite facinating to watch... and I felt nervous for the guy... so glad I got to see this.

Well done Felix! -{

Full of hot air, quite delicate, strangely beautiful, nicely built, very expensive, strongly associated with red bull, floats gracefully like a cloud, goes on camera to the world and has lots of geeky men staring at it and causes a man to rise at a rate of around 1000ft/sec. Oh and it enjoys most of its time being looked at or fettled by a group of men, or better still, it gets one to go inside it. :o

No wonder they nicknamed the balloon 'Lexi'. :o

In all honesty, I likened it to the modern equivalent of the moon landing.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JimatayJimatay Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

I was expecting space march to kick in and a unexplained ship to swallow his capsule. EON has missed a trick there for a 50 years of Bond advert. :)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Well done Felix! -{

Full of hot air, quite delicate, strangely beautiful, nicely built, very expensive, strongly associated with red bull, floats gracefully like a cloud, goes on camera to the world and has lots of geeky men staring at it and causes a man to rise at a rate of around 1000ft/sec.

:)) :))

;% ....but 'full of hot air' :o - still smarting from me not wanting to see a pic of your shmeckle???... :v

I think for me, it was is obvious hesitancy when getting ready at the open hatch... but Joe Kittinger's run down of his check list, and subsequent encouragement was heartwarming....

Quite brilliant!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Well done Felix! -{

Full of hot air, quite delicate, strangely beautiful, nicely built, very expensive, strongly associated with red bull, floats gracefully like a cloud, goes on camera to the world and has lots of geeky men staring at it and causes a man to rise at a rate of around 1000ft/sec.

:)) :))

;% ....but 'full of hot air' :o - still smarting from me not wanting to see a pic of your shmeckle???... :v

I think for me, it was is obvious hesitancy when getting ready at the open hatch... but Joe Kittinger's run down of his check list, and subsequent encouragement was heartwarming....

Quite brilliant!

Apparently kittinger said "imagine standing on Lexi's bed" and away old Felix went, straight in, no hesitation then!

And yes, both I and my shmeckle are smarting..... bloody zipper :#
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Was that as high as Bond was in the space scenes from MR? They could have started and ended that film with a skydive! Mind you, the getting to bang Ms Goodnight might seem the less stressful option.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    RIP, Silvia Kristel

album_large_1393160.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Legendary photographer Alf Kumalo dies
    "The ANC and the people of South Africa are forever indebted to Alf Kumalo for being at their service and striving to expose a system that was inhuman."

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-10-22-legendary-photographer-alf-khumalo-dies/
    RIP legendary boxing trainer Emanuel "Manny" Steward. Arguably the best there's been & by all accounts a very decent man. Trained & mentored many a champion. Very sad news.
    Clive Dunn who played Lance-Corporal Jones 'Don't panic! Don't panic!' in Dad's Army has died aged 92, surely the last of the old guard.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Clive Dunn who played Lance-Corporal Jones 'Don't panic! Don't panic!' in Dad's Army has died aged 92, surely the last of the old guard.

RIP, Sir -{
    YNWA 97
    Sad to Hear Bill Tarmey has died. We watched in Coronation Street as Jack Duckworth for years.
    Sad to Hear Bill Tarmey has died. We watched in Coronation Street as Jack Duckworth for years.

Same here....a better actor than given credit for...RIP -{
    YNWA 97
    Macho Man Savage would've been 60 now.......
    RIP Larry Hagman. Iconic TV villain & judging by what his co-stars have said about him, an absolutely brilliant man. Grew up watching him in Dallas & his portrayal of JR Ewing was absolutely superb.

As an aside, it would seem that the family of former boxing champion Hector 'Macho' Camacho will soon be turning off his life support following his shooting. May he RIP.