Tributes Thread

Comments

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    The evil mr Suzuki is dead , Lee's nemesis in Fist of Fury (US title Chinese Connection) , Riki Hashimoto RIP :(
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Sad to hear of the passing of Keith Chegwin...and only 60 :(
    RIP

Cheggers on Extras -{
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sad to hear of the passing of Keith Chegwin...and only 60 :(
    RIP

Cheggers on Extras -{
    Yes I heard the news on the radio this evening, I grew up watching Cheggers on TV. Very sad
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    RIP Keith Chegwin.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2017/dec/16/heinz-wolff-scientist-and-great-egg-race-presenter-dies-at-89#ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/dec/16/heinz-wolff-scientist-and-great-egg-race-presenter-dies-at-89
    Saddened to learn of the death of Proff Heinz Wolff.
    One of those exceptional people who could make
    Science entertaining and complex theories. Easy
    For thickos like Me to understand.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear that Bond actor Albert Moses has died, aged 79. He starred in TSWLM as a bartender and in OP as Sadruddin.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just read at the young age of 71 Heather North has died ,who the #@*# is Heather North I hear you cry ,please look her up and you will all go oh no
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    RIP Heather North,
    Yes I had to look her up. Only to find she was a big part of my
    childhood as the Voice of Daphne In scooby Doo !

nintchdbpict000374042924.jpg
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Sad news. I used to watch classic era Scooby Doo repeats on BBC 2 before going to secondary school in the 90s.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I did warn you ,RIP Heather a pesky kid you never was
    Seeing her picture just now, Heather North actually looked like her character Daphne in real life too! That's so cute. :x
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    RIP. She joins Kasey Kasem (Shaggy) in the big mystery van in the sky. Loved watching the old Scooby Doo episodes. I still do.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    RIP. She joins Kasey Kasem (Shaggy) in the big mystery van in the sky. Loved watching the old Scooby Doo episodes. I still do.
    I was in universal studios one year and the gang was there with the mystery machine and I had a picture done with shaggy he was bang on ,it was quite sad to think that the voice had died ,but as Shaggy would say like er crazy

Me too. I really need to buy a Boxset of the original Scooby Doo episodes if such a thing exists!
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I think Don Messick, was the voice of Scooby. I liked his cameo in DAF as well.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I think Don Messick, was the voice of Scooby. I liked his cameo in DAF as well.

Amazing! Never knew that! :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    RIP Rose Marie, who played Sally Rogers on the Dick Van Dyke Show.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    Nice to have pop stars in the news this time of year for more cheerful reasons that last time round...

Sir Ringo, Sir Barry Gibb, Mark Almond OBE. -{
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkkAW5eCvRk&list=PLhILsHS_uOWYEMqLOroJZxOEoFRZ0s3DD&index=5

Legendary italian movie poster artist Averardo Ciriello (1918-2016) , some of his iconic art :

007 DN , FRWL , OHMSS #A & Bond festival posters
    Bruce Lee's (Boss , Fist , Way , Game....sadly he did not do Enter)
    Death Wish

and many more

{[]
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    RIP to mystery novelist Sue Grafton.

The alphabet ends with Y. :(
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Peggy Cummins passed away on 29 December aged 92, RIP.

Best remembered for Gun Crazy and 2 personal favorites of mine, Night of the Demon and Hell Drivers. The latter also boasted the future first Doctor Who, first cinematic James Bond, The Prisoner, one half of the Man from Uncle, the Professional's and Inspector Clouseau's bosses and Sid James!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=oZVEER3LJOc

Johannes Brost aka bartender Joker on Rederiet (basically it was the Dallas of Sweden) , he played him in 318 (!) shows , a huge blow for fans :(

RIP funnyman
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    RIP Tommy Lawrence - The Flying Pig...YNWA -{
    YNWA 97
    Saddened to learn of the death of another talented comedy actor Bella Emberg. So much a part of
    The Russ Abbot comedy show.
    Saddened to learn of the death of another talented comedy actor Bella Emberg. So much a part of
    The Russ Abbot comedy show.
    I remember her from the Benny Hill show ;and I think she was in Dr Who also :but a funny lady none the less
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    A sad day. Dolores O'Riordon of the Cranberries dies at aged just 46. Also former England footballer Cyrille Regis has passed away at just 59.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Quite shocking about dolores o riordan, also rip Dan Gurney, racing driver amongst other things, his final chequered flag has been waved.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited January 2018
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jan/18/actor-peter-wyngarde-department-s-dies
    Saddened to learn about the death of Peter Wyngarde. Best
    Known for playing Jason King in Department S .
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    RIP Jimmy Armfield.