Tributes Thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    RIP Stephen Hawking
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    A truly incredible man - RIP
  • Bond fan from OzBond fan from Oz Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Yes, very sad. I saw The Theory of Everything; it was - and is - an excellent film. My condolences to this loved ones.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    RIP Stephen Hawking. A remarkable man struck by a tragic disease.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    RIP Jim Bowen - you get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    RIP Jim Bowen another comedy legend.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Stephen Hawking's disease--ALS/Motor Neurone Disease--is the same one that took my mother. He made me believe that even though you're dying you can still have an amazing life. RIP.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    RIP Jim Bowen - you get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

You can't beat a bit of Bully! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited March 2018
    I've found this video of the late Jim Bowen telling the story of two inebriated Bullseye contestants from Belfast hilarious and I'm sure you will too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCiHM5Z3kQ&t=100s

It's a great tribute to his comedic talents! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    I've found this video of the late Jim Bowen telling the story of two Bullseye inebriated contestants from Belfast hilarious and I'm sure you will too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCiHM5Z3kQ&t=100s

It's a great tribute to his comedic talents! :))

:)) Brilliant.

Used to watch Bullseye every Sunday afternoon. Would love to watch the episode Jim was describing. :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Arnaud Beltrame, a police officer in the French Gendarmerie, has been killed by an ISIS-linked terrorist after volunteering to take the place of a civilian hostage. Beltrame managed to keep his mobile phone on and thus managed to give information to the SWAT team that later stormed the supermarked where the hostage were held.
    A true blue hero.
    RIP Arnaud Beltrame. A Hero Indeed. The world
    Would be a better place with more like him.
    edited March 2018
    Beltrame was a former artillery officer. He was also commando trained and served in an airborne unit in Iraq. The unit was very elite and worked in support of the famous GIGN anti-terror unit, much like the Special Forces Support Group in the UK. (My French is not good, but I think this is correct)
    Tragically he planned to marry this summer. Instead he was married to his Marielle on his deatbed.
    We are lucky to have such officers in our Police, Army and
    Security Services -{
    We are lucky to have such officers in our Police, Army and
    Security Services -{

Seconded. We can sleep safer in our beds knowing that they are out there. -{
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Winnie Mandela has passed away.
    Sad to read that Ray Wilkins has died at only 61, RIP.
    edited April 2018
    Today it's fifty years since Martin Luther King jr. was murdered. A great man who was taken far too early.
    Eric Bristow “the crafty cockney” has died of a heart attack aged 60, RIP
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Eric Bristow “the crafty cockney” has died of a heart attack aged 60, RIP

RIP

He came to the Falklands (darts big here) and got decked by the landlady of my local boozer!! Believe he was a funny but cheeky chap!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    WWF Johnny V (manager Hogan and Demolition)
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Just read on IMDB.com that Soon Tek Oh who appeared as Lt. Hip in The Man With The Golden Gun has died at the age of 85 following a battle with Alzheimer’s. In addition to his role in Golden Gun he appeared in many films and American television shows in the 1960's and 1970s such as I Spy, Hawaii 5-0, M.A.S.H. , and Charlie's Angels. He also co-founded the East West Players theatre company, one of the first Asian American theatre companies. Regardless of what his role was, he was always memorable to me. RIP, Soon Tek Oh.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    RIP Soon Tek Oh

Another memorable role he had was Mulan's father in...Mulan.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I liked Soon as a corrupt detective in Death Wish 4:The Crackdown.

He gave Lieutenant Hip in TMWTGG, a charming demeanour and he made him a likeable character.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    RIP Soon Tek Oh
    I thought he and Roger had a good on screen chemistry
    In TMWTGG.
    Sad news about Soon Tek Oh.

I was watching TMWTGG only recently and Lt. Hip was such a cheery character, considering how grumpy most of the other characters were in that film! -{
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    It dawned on me that most of the cast of Golden Gun is now dead, sadly.
    a reasonable rate of return
    It dawned on me that most of the cast of Golden Gun is now dead, sadly.

Yes, most of the main character cast is gone now, sadly, apart from the two leading ladies.
    Film director Milosevic Formann just died. His movies include One flew over the Coco's nest, Hair and Amadeus. He was a great filmmaker.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Rest in Peace to Sgt Hartman aka R. Lee Ermey.