Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Eh, what‘s wrong with dreaming about double Ds?

christine-miss-double-d-2011052.jpg

Why is she wearing a bra underneath that sling top?

For extra bulk?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Eh, what‘s wrong with dreaming about double Ds?

christine-miss-double-d-2011052.jpg

Why is she wearing a bra underneath that sling top?

Safety Regulations, in case she knocks her self out :D

Welcome to AJB BTW -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Well, chaps, I'm off to Madrid for a few days. Catch you later!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:

Gotta be warmer than Scotland :))
    Enjoy -{
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Have a good trip and catch a few rays!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Welcome to Spain, Barbel! -{

(I'm from León, not so close...)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    You have to try the churros and chocolate for breakfast it’s the best in Madrid
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I‘ve been recently in touch with my friend Blackleiter and he sends you the following:

„I’m not sure when, but I’ll be checking in on AJB again soon. In the meantime please give my regards to the group. „
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I‘ve been recently in touch with my friend Blackleiter and he sends you the following:

„I’m not sure when, but I’ll be checking in on AJB again soon. In the meantime please give my regards to the group. „

Thanks for contacting him and informing us of his reply -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Thanks for contacting him and informing us of his reply -{

Indeed. I hope BL is doing well and I look forward to his return.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I too hope BL is doing well and can pop back
    From time to time. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That’s my hope too -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Best wishes to BL.

Had a good time in Spain, thanks for the thoughts above guys. The churros & chocolate were too sweet for my taste though! :)
    Welcome back from Spain, Barbel. I'm sure you were secretly scouting all of the Doubleshot locations. :D
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Good afternoon chaps.

Look, I'll be honest and I'm sorry if what I say will be shocking.

I'm coming back from heart attacks and subsequent open heart surgery. I lost my two best army buddies of 25 years in tragic circumstances, roughly a year ago, a loss I've never been able to fully process. Later last year my wife (we were separated on good terms) died of an aggressive form of cancer within weeks only and when she finally did her last breath in the hospital I finally broke and tried to end my life a day later. In addition my mom died as well some weeks later.

My recovery is nothing short of a miracle, or so all docs tell me. I guess having been very fit all my life helps the matter and if there is something I never have lacked then it's will-power and discipline. I'm also a survivor, literally now too.

I have a long way to go, but I am determined to make the best of my new life 2.0 as I call it.
    It's a struggle and I have one very good day, then a good one and then a very bad one. I'm more or less accustomed now to this rhythm.
    For me the important thing is that I can remain in the army and luckily I get all the support possible. I'm a high ranking field officer so my duties don't include too much physical stuff anymore these days. As I have reached the age of 42, now 43, I am not allowed to make HALO and HAHO jumps anyway. The army has offered me to have my last jump at a later point this year as it's a great tradition and it's very important to me.

I got most of my motor functions back by now, and I've already exercised at the keyboard a bit during the last days. My brain allows my fingers to type relatively fast again. I need a lot of brain exercise though this year to regain all my skills.

I'm looking forward to participate again as I have the fondest memories of this place. I have to tell you though that my memory suffered a lot and I have big chunks that are completely missing. My brain suffered blood loss for several minutes and that has left damage.

Thank you for letting me be that open. I realise on a forum like this it's maybe overstepping privacy rules, not sure.
    I've always been a very optimistic and positive guy and humour is a big part of me too. But I won't lie, I have very bad moments now sometimes when I don't really know anymore why I should go on.
    I'm in good hands though, I have my one best army friend left and I'm living with him at the same place now. We started together in January 1992 at the age of 17 in the Swiss army. We're bonded for life.

Thanks again for having me here and cheers :) Jason
    Dalton Rulez™
    Jason, thank you for sharing with us. You've been through a lot and we have had our thoughts with you. It's good to hear from you again.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Rarely have the words "good to have you back" been more apt. :)
    Great to hear from you again Jason -{ Hopefully you'll get stronger every day.
    My thoughts and best wishes to you. With the amount of sadness and ill health
    you've had to deal with, your sense of humour I hope can help get you through.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Good to having you back, Jason!

If you need someone to talk or a shoulder to lean on, you can count on all of us here {[]
    Btw, where is Andi??
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Good to having you back, Jason!

If you need someone to talk or a shoulder to lean on, you can count on all of us here {[]
    Btw, where is Andi??

Thank you Higgins and all of you.

Andi has started his 52 week training in special reconnaissance and counter-terrorism.
    That's like Germany's GSG9 force or the British SAS.
    In Switzerland we call it AAD10.

And yes that's very impressive. Andi has made it big, but I'm not surprised. I'm very proud to have trained and taught him last year.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    welcome back Jason
    please tell us lots of jokes if it helps you recover, because I like your sense of humour too
    hope you haven't forgotten you like a tv show called the Avengers, I've been missing your Avengers reviews
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    "The odds...99 to 1. And they don't stand a chance."
    I can't even begin to fathom what you've been through, Jason.
    Your absence was felt, welcome back!
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
    -{
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Welcome back, Jason. We were expecting you! -{ -{ -{
  • brintmanbrintman Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Jason,
    As a recently registered poster,I wish you a full recovery and a happy future.
    I too have had bypass surgery many years ago,and at my age have had many family members
    and friends pass on.
    You'll make it.
    Regards.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Great that you are back Jason. It has been a lot less colourful without you. :)
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Thank you guys for the kind words :)
    Dalton Rulez™
    Yes, welcome back Jason! :) -{
  • MIMI Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Hello, my name is MI
    Long term Bond fan, started my interest in James Bond with the novels and the then onto the movies. Have enjoyed all the actors to some degree, but like the films of Connery and Moore the best.
    Looking forward to interacting with you all, and being a part of this forum.

MI
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MI wrote:
    Hello, my name is MI
    Long term Bond fan, started my interest in James Bond with the novels and the then onto the movies. Have enjoyed all the actors to some degree, but like the films of Connery and Moore the best.
    Looking forward to interacting with you all, and being a part of this forum.

MI

Welcome MI -{
    Welcome MI -{