Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,448Chief of Staff
    Hope this doesn't add insult to injury but were they Mr Wint and Mr Kidding, if you catch my dorifto?

No, it's just my style to use a Bond quote when banning someone. There is no "Andi".
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited February 2018
    It's a nice signature, that.
    Remember reading through an old post and you using "take a giant step for trollkind", that was a stroke of genius.

How appropriate, a welcome at his farewell.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Just wow... :o
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The MODS have people everywhere ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's a nice signature, that.
    Remember reading through an old post and you using "take a giant step for trollkind", that was a stroke of genius..

Yes, the unlamented Chula- he always did have an inflated opinion of himself.
    I'd like to express my thanks on behalf of the mod team to those necessarily anonymous but well-respected members who assisted behind the scenes. This was not a kneejerk decision, and there was a lot of discussion and evidence-gathering beforehand.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,963MI6 Agent
    jeepers I didn't see that coming, I was actually worrying about this fictional online persona.
    I did genuinely enjoy his reviews
    but yes the clues were there, he and Andi were never in the same place at the same time, and their posting styles were very similar!
    and in retrospect, one of our fellow agents did ask some very subtle leading questions poking holes in his (their) cover story(s)
    I'm sorry, Gymkata, but I can't go into the details.

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

Sure you understand.
    I think we should be all grateful to the Mod team who keep an eye over AJB. {[]
    I have made many friends here, as have many others, and that opportunity is here
    for everyone.
    It truly is a great feeling to know when I watch a Bond film, I'm no longer the
    only " Bond fan in the village", but there is a Community called AJB007. Where
    We can all feel a part of.
    Over the years, I had plenty of laughs, a few arguments, at least one Falling
    out.
    So I for one, am pleased that we have such a brilliant team looking after our
    interests. -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    ...who can only function with the support of our esteemed members. {[] {[] {[]

I echo TP's sentiments- earlier today, I had a very pleasant phone chat with a long-term senior member here. We had communicated in text many times, but it was a sheer pleasure to talk first-hand. Since it was about the current subject I won't say who it was, but -{ -{ -{
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    I won't lie, I'm curious as to what triggered the suspicion and what the issues were with this person.
    The photos of himself working out were a clue.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow, just wow :o He did seem a bit attention seeking and self centred but I definitely didn’t think everything, or the majority of it all, were lies...I’m shocked. Excellent work though mod team, you’d make Bond proud with all the behind the scenes sleuthing -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Can we now please get Asp9mm banned? {:)

I said please ;%
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    So did he when he asked the same about you...
    :)) :)) :))

And I always was under the impression that „he“ was actually a „she“ :D

I fully support the mod's decision and know that a lot of work went into that and that the mods don't make these decisions easily *

However I feel sorry that someone has to go this way to receive empathy and attention. We are very fortunate not to be suffering from such a need.
    I have no intention to engage on a regular basis with Jason, but when he needs someone to talk, I will offer him an ear and a shoulder. I have his private email, if anybody wants to get in touch with him, please pm me and I'll forward your email addresses to him.

Thanks!

*otherwise, I'd have been banned here for a very long time

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    They should Ban Friggins for just being him and also his dress sense, double whammy :D :v
    X-( The name is HIGGINS X-(

.... that aside, I never understood people who register with different ids here.

I have enough to do with all the insults, abuses and criticism that I am receiving on my one account, I can't imagine coping with all that on several accounts :D

Higgins wrote:
    .... that aside, I never understood people who register with different ids here.

I have enough to do with all the insults, abuses and criticism that I am receiving on my one account, I can't imagine coping with all that on several accounts :D

Petesleftnut ring any bells for you there FRIGGINS :D
    X-( HIGGINS X-(

Higgins wrote:

See, that there is enough to be banned by having two identities :D

Id ban you just for your trainers and your constant moaning :p
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    edited February 2018
    I can now reveal that I'm actually two identities operating under one membership profile. One ("Leftie") who wants stricter gun laws, is soft on crime, loves slow TV and drives a Prius. The other one ("Viking") has been a gun club member, was in the military, likes his chain saw, westerns and Top Gear.

I have let the two identities post on the forum whenëver they want, but I'm thinking of setting stricter rules. Perhaps Leftie will post on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and Viking will post on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Friday will still be relaxed Friday and will still be open for everyone :D

Maybe it's enough that my two personalities (The two that frequent AJB007, that is) usually stick to different topics in the forum? To mention the obvious: Viking is the one who visits the Isabella Thread, Leftie prefers the political threads.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Interesting developments.

I don't post anywhere near like I used to but I do read the forum. Always thought his posts were a little odd.

Well done Mods for your sterling work. :)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Thanks for all your hard work, Mods. This really is an exceptionally well run forum and I appreciate the things you do that I see but suspect I appreciate even more the things you do that I don't see! I would buy you all a drink but I understand that all he Mods have been banned from the SABS.
    The Mods have come across a selection of negatives
    ( If that's not an inappropriate use of language ) ;)
    Which means, they're all back in
    :D Also, I paid my bar bill....
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Interesting developments.

I don't post anywhere near like I used to but I do read the forum. Always thought his posts were a little odd.

Well done Mods for your sterling work. :)

It's funny that you should say that but there are certain contributors whose posts just consistently rub me the wrong way for whatever reason, so I avoid them, which is no big deal. However, sometimes I avoid entire threads because there are so many such posts in them. Again, not necessarily a biggy, I just figure that I'm getting old and cranky (which I am, undoubtedly). He was one of those who irritated me, sometimes with reason, and sometimes not, and I really did just figure it was me. Just goes to show...
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I miss his posts. Perhaps we could start a “Review the Puma clothing” homage thread? :o :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."