Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Sean0071 wrote:
    ...I live in the USA (Pacific Northwest)...
    welcome Sean071. I lived for years in Vancouver, Victoria, then even Seattle, and miss the West Coast greatly. Feel free to drop plenty of references to temperate coniferous rainforest and Pacific sunsets, just to keep my memories from fading.
    I also collect merch and make my own props
    welcome Quentin. you shall have to show us some of these home-made props. Are they Bond related?
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Welcome, QQQ. It seems we became Bond fans at around the same time. -{
    Cheers mate! If I'm QQ, does that make you DD? ;)
    welcome Quentin. you shall have to show us some of these home-made props. Are they Bond related?
    Thanks, caractacus potts! Yep, they're all Bond-related. No scratch builds to show just yet - I'm most comfortable making paper-based stuff and/or adding those details to found items. I made some things I haven't seen on this forum before - looking forward to sharing pics and discussing props with you guys. -{
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Can’t wait to see photos of it all Quentin! Also welcome to AJB -{
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Cheers, JTM! Nice to meet you all. I'll get some photos up in the prop thread, it seems like a good way to 'break the ice'. Am I able to upload pics from flickr?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Welcome, QQQ. It seems we became Bond fans at around the same time. -{
    Cheers mate! If I'm QQ, does that make you DD? ;)
    Thanks, caractacus potts! Yep, they're all Bond-related. No scratch builds to show just yet - I'm most comfortable making paper-based stuff and/or adding those details to found items. I made some things I haven't seen on this forum before - looking forward to sharing pics and discussing props with you guys. -{

Is that DD for David Dragonpol or...? :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yep, I recognize you from elsewhere. I'll shoot you a PM to say hi.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Yep, I recognize you from elsewhere. I'll shoot you a PM to say hi.

Thanks, QQ. I believe I know you well at "the other place" as well. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Well, I didn't think "DD" referred to your bra size, SM.... :D
    If it did, then how big would "QQ" be? :o :D
    :)) :)) :))
    Barbel wrote:
    Well, I didn't think "DD" referred to your bra size, SM.... :D

Ha ha, no. When I posted that this morning it still hadn't dawned on me who QQ was, but it came to me soon after thankfully! :D
    it still hadn't dawned on me who QQ was
    Do you know who 'Quentin Quigley' is in the Bond universe, mate? That is a very good clue there! :))
    it still hadn't dawned on me who QQ was
    Do you know who 'Quentin Quigley' is in the Bond universe, mate? That is a very good clue there! :))

I knew that it sounded familiar but I must admit that I'd totally forgotten about that name! Plus, I see QBranch is already taken here! I'm slow, but I get there in the end! Anyway, great to have you here and nice that you knew me straight away! :D
    Yeah, there are several 'Q-Branch'-related usernames here, but also, I wouldn't feel right using that name when there are many far more knowledgeable gadget guys here already!
    Yeah, there are several 'Q-Branch'-related usernames here, but also, I wouldn't feel right using that name when there are many far more knowledgeable gadget guys here already!

Yes, Gadget Meister is one username that comes to mind, but I'm sure there are plenty of others too. Anyway, I'm confident that you'll fit right in here. Rest asssured, you've come to the right place for props, replicas, merchandise and collecting here at AJB!
    Nice. I collect the novels too. Well, except for Never Send Flowers. Pfft, what rubbish.

:v
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Nice. I collect the novels too. Well, except for Never Send Flowers. Pfft, what rubbish.

I love this guy -{
    :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

I love this guy -{
    :))

As you can see, the word has spread about my obsession! :))
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Been a month since my last post. Been inactive on here, as i haven't been watching any of the films, lately. I'll try and post in the off topic section. Made 3 posts today. When i've seen a film, i'll be more active.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Been a month since my last post. Been inactive on here, as i haven't been watching any of the films, lately. I'll try and post in the off topic section. Made 3 posts today. When i've seen a film, i'll be more active.

Well don't go too far for too long hhalog. There has a been a lot high profile absences recently -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Do profiles get deleted if they are inactive for a long amount of time?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sounding a bit like a Bond alcoholic Hehadlotsofguts
    " It's been a month since my last Bond " ;)
    I think we all have times when our enthusiasm drops
    A little, or life gets in the way. Also with long breaks between
    Films, with no information it can be difficult to stay "fired up".
    I don't think profiles get deleted. As one recent poster, hasn't
    Posted in years, but has returned.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    No, profiles don't get deleted if inactive. Nice to see you again, hehadalotofguts!

On another note, osris has asked that he be removed from AJB. I've complied with his request.
    He jumped before he was pushed! How brave 8-)
    More proof of the conspiracy against him ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :))
    Mi5 have picked him up for getting too close. Or maybe Barbel sent Sir M round to dissappear him :o
    "His name is on the memorial wall of the very Forum he attacked. I will have it struck off." :))
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Hi to everybody,

long time reader, I already was a member here some time ago. Decided to give it a fresh start with a new account. I was a silent reader to this day, so basically „I never left“.

Looking forward to discuss all things Bond with you (again)... :))

Walker
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Welcome on board Walker, or should we just call you Sky? ;) always good when someone comes out of the shadows {[]