Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    Welcome aboard Bond fan from Oz. It's good to have you with us! :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Gid day mate welcome to the club , and a hi from me to the rest of the gang .ive been missing for a while ,due to family crisis (2 of them) and also due to me smashing up my I pad air , so now no laptops etc ,I'm using Mrs As I pad whilst she is out
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Hope she doesn't catch you ! Welcome back {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    Welcome back :007)
    I never left
    Sorry couldn't resist that line from QOS
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    It's always good to welcome back our old mucker AS. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    My friends, I have been away from the ajb forum. I am working extra time and am trying to save to buy a car. When I have not been working at many times I go with my wife to her work at the evening time. She was abused racially while going about her work so I now travel at all times with her when I am able so to stop this from happening again or her from getting frightened. I must wait outside the houses of the people she visits to help, and this is half an hour or even one hour each time for me to stand outside so I think it is better to get a car so I can take her to work and have somewhere to sit while she is attending to her clients. I think I will try to visit when I am able, but just for this short time I am very busy. I did manage to see some part of ohmss yesterday on tv though when I came back with my wife from her work.
    I wish you all well my friends.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    I'm glad you're back, Joshua. I'm sorry to hear about your wife. People should never be attacked because of their race.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    So genuinely sorry and angry to hear what happened Joshua. You're a truly good man to stand by your wife in those difficult circumstances and I sincerely hope that things improve for you soon. My thoughts are with you.
    Sorry to hear this Joshua. Sadly the world is full
    Of stupid, ignorant people ... scumbags.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    It is absolutely shocking to hear how your wife has been treated. And I feel very sorry and sad that this could happen.

It's always good to hearing from you, old friend and please pass by when you have the chance.
    Best wishes to you and your family.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,404Chief of Staff
    That's awful, sorry to hear about that Joshua.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Most unfortunate, Joshua.
    Can't fathom someone being racially discriminated that way in this day and age. Just so proves that there are shitty people everywhere.
    Push on and don't let this event bring yourself or your wife down.
    I'm looking forward to your future posts!
    a reasonable rate of return
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I thank you my friends for your kind words and your support and my wife thanks you all also. We have just come home from her work. Now she will go tomorrow morning also at 6.30 am to help the people get from their beds and help them but I will not go because I have to go to my job. This attack happened last year when my wife was going to her work on the bus. She has been scared I know ever since in case this man is on the bus again and that is why I go with her. It is only at night when she is scared on the bus and walking and needs to feel safe with me with her.
    I have always hoped that the coward who said these things to her is there when I am on the bus because I will make sure he will never do this again to my wife, this is my promise because when I see him he will have to fight me because he insults my wife. I will hurt him much for the words he used which I cannot say here but to call her a n word and other disgusting words also. In my country I would kill this man but in this country to see him and beat him good is what I will do because I will not forget how he attacked my wife with these terrible words. But I have not seen him or any other people on the bus have not said nothing. I do not know really if my wife has seen the coward on the bus when I am there because she says nothing to make me act, but I think not any way because I think he would start to say these words again perhaps at me also so I would know then that this was the coward.
    My wife works hard as a carer to help the elders and the disabled people in their homes at the weekends and holiday times as well as in the weekday times. She has to walk from different houses to see the people who she cares for and sometimes this is not good in the darkness and this makes her scared also for her safety but she will not let the poor people who rely on her for their needs down and it is to make her feel safe that I go with her. It is not correct for me to go into the peoples houses as it is private matters and also against the orders of the company so I wait outside. This has not been good in the winter to wait in the cold for perhaps one hour and the recent snow was bad to stand outside. This is why I save my money by working more time to make the job more easy for her by buying a car. I can then drive her to the places and then home. When I have got enough money to buy the car I think she will feel better and safer.
    I think that many carers do a difficult job but very important job also to help these poor people who on many times have no family or are lonely and could not stay in their homes and even have nobody to talk to and no visitors only the carers. This service is much ignored I think by many people but must be done in every weather of sun rain and snow. All the people who my wife visit all love her and think very much in high regard of how she helps them to be living in there homes instead of a old peoples home. My wife is proud to be of service to these elder people and the disabled people and I am proud of her for helping them and being so much dedicated to her job. I will not let her be scared or intimidated by any one but especially the racist.
    Joshua,

A racist coward is not worth to go to jail for.
    There are just too many sick people everywhere - you can‘t confront them all.

Sooner or later his deeds will fall him on his own feet.

Just have seen that Barbel paid a visit to the mem& coll. Forum.

I never thought that that would happen :)) :))
    But welcome there anyhow :D

:D Thank you, Higgins.
    Now that you‘ve set foot into the bright and nice part of town, the reply to your first question there is:

No, Tom Ford does not produce men skirts 8-)

....who is this Tom Ford you speak of? ;)
    A drinking pal from Asp9mm :p

Any drinking pal of his is a friend of Sir Miles.... :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,631Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Any drinking pal of his is a friend of Sir Miles.... :D

And you can put your shirt on that! -{
    YNWA 97
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    A slight update here, I'll be posting a bit less frequently here as in the mental state I currently am, it'll be a bit hard for me to let loose.
    It is a bit more than a rough patch, it runs a bit deeper than that. The price I pay for avoiding conflict, I guess.
    I'll be tagging along but will not be commenting as much. This is not a stunt... I'm being serious for once.
    Definitely not looking for sympathy, just acknowledging my future absence.

"Over and out."
    a reasonable rate of return
    Hi guys I'm back (who was that who bood) well is was Mrs As birthday yesterday ,so off we popped to Bluewater to get her a new IPad , which means I get her old crappy worn out one (better than nothing ) it's a lot smaller than my one I smashed up . I just need to catch up on 3 months of posts etc .Mrs As is well and truly on the mend from her December operation .and life is getting back to normal .i have missed all the gang and it would be unfair to name names. But I have missed you all .So once again please bear wth me I have lots to tell and photos to share ,but I'm getting ready to go back to Cyprus in 2 weeks time so will be in and out as they say
    Congratulations to Mrs AS on a successful recovery -{
    +1. {[]
  • Live and let DriveLive and let Drive BelgiumPosts: 56MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this website when Google’ing some Bond trivia and decided to join the fun.

My interest in 007 came through my dad. He wasn’t really into movies but rarely missed an opportunity to catch Bond on tv because of the cars and Moore’s camp humour. He then took me to see the Brosnans in cinema, found the earlier ones on VHS and I caught the bug. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve watched them all, but I guess I’m not the only one on here. :D
    -{ Welcome to AJB, Live and Let Drive.
    :) Yes, welcome aboard- hope you enjoy yourself here. {[]