Tom Ford Over Coat: Kazan Russia

Comments

• cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    My costs are going to be significantly less then Magnoli. I will report and post Pics ASAP.
    edited May 2010
    Got my replica Kazan overcoat in today and it is nice. It does have a couple of small issues but it fits and feels great.

It is a wool/cashmere blend with a silk lining. Has 3 pockets inside with 2 of them buttoned.

Total cost delivered: $400.

I will post pics for those interested.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Pics please!
    eDxsA.jpg

qmrY9.jpg

qn2ni.jpg
    Coat details

qnhl9.jpg

PkTJ9.jpg

PlhFA.jpg

qo1JS.jpg

eHpUA.jpg

eHzT9.jpg

TQRur.jpg
    Looks great! Thanks for posting.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Where did you get that coat? I want one
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Where did you get that coat? I want one

Looks great, especially for 400$ delivered! Coats like this usually retails from 800 to 1000$ in high-end stores.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • UpyJediUpyJedi London,UKPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Very Nice!!! :007)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    WOW! :o Lookin' good...and you can't beat the price. It really does look, as others have mentioned, like it cost thousands. Also helps that it fits you perfectly!
    Thanks for the kind reply. It was funny taking a winter type photo when it is 90 degrees outside.

The only thing that is really off is the collar. Just not cut as the original. I am going to advise the tailor/maker so that who'ever gets the next one will be even better. It is not harringbone but knew that starting off but I prefer this to the harringbone. With the wool/cashmere blend it is a little lighter I would imagine but still warm. I like the feeling of the silk lining.

But other then that, it is really a nice fitting overcoat. It is screen fitted like the Tom Ford model and that is great. Good attention to detail and very well made. There is something to be said about a fitted piece of clothing.

Let me get the email of the maker from China and I am sure you will be happy too. Time from ordering to delivery was 3 weeks. And for around $400, cannot be beat anywhere.
    I contacted the maker and they are going to offer a discount to the members here on the AJB forum. Price delivered will be ...... $295.00

email karolsemra@gmail.com and mention this forum and me if you please.

I hope you all enjoy this wonderful overcoat as I have.

Charles P.
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    I contacted the maker and they are going to offer a discount to the members here on the AJB forum. Price delivered will be ...... $295.00

email karolsemra@gmail.com and mention this forum and me if you please.

I hope you all enjoy this wonderful overcoat as I have.

Charles P.

Wow. 295$ is the price of a TF tie, we're getting the coat... Just awesome.
    $295.00 for a tailored overcoat?!!! :o Awesome!!!!!
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    It's a great looking coat, but is the collar right? The original looks to have a detachable button tab that goes across notched lapels. Yours looks to have an extended collar on both sides that "fill up" the notches.

Great looking jacket either way.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    Hi has anyone purchased the Crombie military coat mentioned earlier if so just wondered what the quality was like and how it compares to the Tom Ford one. I am looking to purchase a coat would people go for the Crombie or the one on ebay, please help, thank you.
    edited May 2010
    It's a great looking coat, but is the collar right? The original looks to have a detachable button tab that goes across notched lapels. Yours looks to have an extended collar on both sides that "fill up" the notches.

Great looking jacket either way.

Kittlemeier, you are correct. The only issue is the collar. It is an extended collar and it has the detachable tab that is somewhat useless. I just removed it. It is really the only flaw. I have advised them about this and anyone who orders one should mention to this again to them. Karol is very personable and responds promptly to emails.

As one can imagine, I am very pleased with my coat. I wanted to pass this on to you all as you have helped me over the past few years. I am happy to finally have the opportunity to give something back to our community.
    ExpatJB wrote:

Not stealing anything ExpatJB, those are the guys. They were at $400 but see they dropped down to $300 after my conversation with them. But still, AJB members can save a little more. Every dollar helps. They have also improved that model by adding 3 pockets inside the coat and improvements on the stitching.
  • CedCed FrancePosts: 43MI6 Agent
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    eDxsA.jpg

qmrY9.jpg

qn2ni.jpg

Looks Great!I bought the same .Thank You for discount !!
    I like the grown-up-with-fake-gun look :))

We never grown up do we? Expensive clothes, same toys.
  • maxximusmaxximus The U.S.Posts: 173MI6 Agent
    No...We never do grow up...And like you said all that changes is our toys just cost more. :)
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    Holden wrote:
    SNAP!!.......You just beat me to it Dave. Coat looks great!!
    I too have treated myself to the TF coat, although I'm not 100% happy.....yet.
    I ordered mine from TF in Milan and it arrived the other day. However, mine is in a 100% Virgin Wool herringbone weave, which you can only notice if you get close - see pics.
    The sheer weight of the fabric gives the coat a very structured look, making the fit of the sleeves to the shoulders etc. appear superb. It fits very well for OTR, although perhaps the sleeves could be a little longer for me. It looks black and is sold as such, although, in daylight, I suspect it might be midnight blue.
    The reason for my discontent, is that I expected for the fabric to be smooth, as I have seen it in the flesh in a smoother and slightly lighter weight fabric in grey and navy elsewhere and I assume the one made for QoS didn't have a herringbone weave - (blu-ray anyone?)

Dave - is yours a smooth virgin wool finish, is it black, or dark blue, did you buy OTR, or MTM and is it a limited edition, or not. In TF Milan, they told me that they had grey and black; the grey was reduced in price by 50%, but the black was a carry over colour.

ddQnS.jpg

1jyxDA.jpg

1jyHC9.jpg

1jyRAJ.jpg

de9l0.jpg

...and he even has the tie

Does any one have the specs on the coat (16 oz wool cashmere - Collars /buttons?) in case I want to have one made. How much should I expect to pay?
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
    perdogg wrote:
    toutbrun wrote:
    Holden wrote:
    SNAP!!.......You just beat me to it Dave. Coat looks great!!
    I too have treated myself to the TF coat, although I'm not 100% happy.....yet.
    I ordered mine from TF in Milan and it arrived the other day. However, mine is in a 100% Virgin Wool herringbone weave, which you can only notice if you get close - see pics.
    The sheer weight of the fabric gives the coat a very structured look, making the fit of the sleeves to the shoulders etc. appear superb. It fits very well for OTR, although perhaps the sleeves could be a little longer for me. It looks black and is sold as such, although, in daylight, I suspect it might be midnight blue.
    The reason for my discontent, is that I expected for the fabric to be smooth, as I have seen it in the flesh in a smoother and slightly lighter weight fabric in grey and navy elsewhere and I assume the one made for QoS didn't have a herringbone weave - (blu-ray anyone?)

Dave - is yours a smooth virgin wool finish, is it black, or dark blue, did you buy OTR, or MTM and is it a limited edition, or not. In TF Milan, they told me that they had grey and black; the grey was reduced in price by 50%, but the black was a carry over colour.

ddQnS.jpg

1jyxDA.jpg

1jyHC9.jpg

1jyRAJ.jpg

de9l0.jpg

Does any one have the specs on the coat (16 oz wool cashmere - Collars /buttons?) in case I want to have one made. How much should I expect to pay?

I forgot how much the TF coat was, you can ask Mantis if he's willing to tell you, I guess it's somewhere between 2,000 to 4,000 USD. A good black coat can go for 1000 USD in stores, Magnoli to me is too much - if you can find something nice at 500$ you're in business.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The Tom Ford Quantum coat is $5000. They are sold out. -{
    toutbrun wrote:
    perdogg wrote:
    toutbrun wrote:

I forgot how much the TF coat was, you can ask Mantis if he's willing to tell you, I guess it's somewhere between 2,000 to 4,000 USD. A good black coat can go for 1000 USD in stores, Magnoli to me is too much - if you can find something nice at 500$ you're in business.

http://www.baronboutique.com/movie_replica/quantum_of_solace/quantum_of_solace_overcoat_order.htm
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
    The Mantis wrote:

I'm jealous.

Best,
    B.
    I found that the one I purchased for $295 was really very nice. Also it is much less then Baron Boutiques and others. A fraction of the original Tom Ford.

See my pictures for you to judge. I was very happy.
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    I found that the one I purchased for $295 was really very nice. Also it is much less then Baron Boutiques and others. A fraction of the original Tom Ford.

See my pictures for you to judge. I was very happy.

Did you notice that Bond wears his after the Palio? Which means it must get really cold in the summer time in Siena. :))
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited May 2010
    toutbrun wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I'm jealous.

Best,
    B.

You never know, they might restock for winter season. ;)

But for those that are really interested, TF London say they can make them to order.

I know different TF outlets say different things about MTM, but on a $5,000 OTR coat I expect they'd MTM on a single high-ish value piece.

Go nicely with their brown gloves too.