Tom Ford Over Coat: Kazan Russia

Comments

• BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    I found that the one I purchased for $295 was really very nice. Also it is much less then Baron Boutiques and others. A fraction of the original Tom Ford.

See my pictures for you to judge. I was very happy.

Did you notice that Bond wears his after the Palio? Which means it must get really cold in the summer time in Siena. :))

Are you referring to this overcoat? http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSolace/pages/QoS_0256.htm

The London overcoat is actually a completely different coat from the Kazan one. The main difference being that the London one is single-breasted, while the Kazan one is double-breasted.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The one in London was a blue TF one...done in Cashmere I believe.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    It would be interesting to have a confirmation TF made it, it's true I never really thought about it. But in my mind it's something usual you could find at any high-end store. I would recommand Loro Piana. The Kazan coat is very original it was worth it to go TF.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Kazan coat - Yes TF can make it to order. I think the premium was 20% over the OTR price. The design is part of their standard MTM range and can be made in one of up to about 8 different fabrics inc. classic wool, cashmere drape etc. The black herringbone, that those of us that own this coat on the forum have, is called 'British Herringbone'. The fabric weight is 730g psm (21.54 oz), as opposed to 540g psm (15.93 oz) for all the other available fabrics.

London Coat - No reason to doubt this was TF due to size/layout of pockets, lapel shape and heavily 'roped' shoulders. The exact design is not available in the MTM range, but one very similar is; the only difference being that that 3 front buttons are covered when the coat is buttoned up, as opposed to being exposed on the movie version. I quite fancy this coat, but now summer is approaching it's hardly a priority buy at the moment!
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    perdogg wrote:
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    I found that the one I purchased for $295 was really very nice. Also it is much less then Baron Boutiques and others. A fraction of the original Tom Ford.

See my pictures for you to judge. I was very happy.

Did you notice that Bond wears his after the Palio? Which means it must get really cold in the summer time in Siena. :))

Are you referring to this overcoat? http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSolace/pages/QoS_0256.htm

The London overcoat is actually a completely different coat from the Kazan one. The main difference being that the London one is single-breasted, while the Kazan one is double-breasted.

Who sells those?
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    a bit off topic, but I guess this is the Tom Ford $1300 cardigan

http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSolace/pages/QoS_0970.htm
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yessir....give or take..;)
    perdogg wrote:
    BLU8 wrote:
    perdogg wrote:

Who sells those?

Holden discussed it right before you...
    Holden wrote:
    London Coat - No reason to doubt this was TF due to size/layout of pockets, lapel shape and heavily 'roped' shoulders. The exact design is not available in the MTM range, but one very similar is; the only difference being that that 3 front buttons are covered when the coat is buttoned up, as opposed to being exposed on the movie version. I quite fancy this coat, but now summer is approaching it's hardly a priority buy at the moment!

As for the cardigan, I think it's about 1500-1600 USD. Maybe it's cheaper in EUR now.
  • CedCed FrancePosts: 43MI6 Agent
    I got my Kazan replica Overcoat last friday and it fit very,very good!!!!Just 300$ !!!!
    Thank You cpoulos62(for found this seller on ebay) and kozanow071 from ebay

I will post pictures later I 'am on holiday now-{
    Ced wrote:
    I got my Kazan replica Overcoat last friday and it fit very,very good!!!!Just 300$ !!!!

Can't wait for the pictures.
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Ced wrote:

Glad you liked yours as I have mine. Awesome overcoat at a great deal.

Look forward on see yours pictured if possible.
    Mine coat I made dark gray and Yes ,it's a great deal :)) Look at my pictures ,I ask Karol to send me some because like i said I am on holiday now and is too hot for wearing this overcoat and i didn't took pictures before i left my home :D

EMUpA.jpg

EMWUJ.jpg

6jXPJ.jpg

od_r9.jpg

d5M8r.jpg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Looks very nice! Do you know if they can make it in the Herringbone pattern like the Tom Ford?
    Sorry i don't know .Better ask the seller directly .His email- karolsemra@gmail.com.
    Ced wrote:
    Mine coat I made dark gray and Yes ,it's a great deal :)) Look at my pictures ,I ask Karol to send me some because like i said I am on holiday now and is too hot for wearing this overcoat and i didn't took pictures before i left my home :D

EMUpA.jpg

EMWUJ.jpg

6jXPJ.jpg

od_r9.jpg

d5M8r.jpg

Well the coat looks good but I can't see the fabric because the pictures are too small.
    x
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply. Great coat Ced! Wear it with pride! :)-{
  • Dmitri MishkinDmitri Mishkin Kansas CityPosts: 334MI6 Agent
    Not that this would be any more affordable but I spotted this winter coat for E. Tautz's Autumn/Winter 2010 line. They are a resurrected Savile Row brand now owned by Norton and Sons. http://www.etautz.com/

Picture1-94.png
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Good timing Dmitri - I'm going to be looking for a replica Quantum coat soon.
    I've seen Magnoli and Baron have versions and also kozanow071 on eBay.
    What are peoples opinions on these?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    If you choose the Magnoli you have to be very specific and ask for a lot of changes so it matches the original - first step it to have it shortened.
    toutbrun wrote:
    If you choose the Magnoli you have to be very specific and ask for a lot of changes so it matches the original - first step it to have it shortened.

After working my way through this site yesterday, and with my personal experiences with the CR suit so far I was beginning to lean toward Baron?
    Have you got the coat from Magnoli toutbrun?
    Things I hate:
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    007 wrote:
    Good timing Dmitri - I'm going to be looking for a replica Quantum coat soon.
    I've seen Magnoli and Baron have versions and also kozanow071 on eBay.
    What are peoples opinions on these?

Mine ,I have from kozanow071(his real name Karol)I bought from him because the price .Magnoli looks very nice but is around 700$.BB is around 400$ or less.Indy and Karol use high quallity fabrics for BB i don't know ,never try them.Hope It helps You.
    007 wrote:
    toutbrun wrote:

After working my way through this site yesterday, and with my personal experiences with the CR suit so far I was beginning to lean toward Baron?

No, I don't have the Magnoli. In fact I consider buying the TF, maybe next winter if I'm lucky. But you can see with the pictures on this board what it looks like (both Magnoli and TF).

This forum is not very Baron-friendly. There is a package with a suit and a shirt and a QoS tie, but I think that no one EVER tried the tie. We'll never know whether it's good or not.

As for the coat, I really don't know. I don't remember whether or not someone bought it, if not, we'll you'll be the first. But Baron looks like they are serious and you shouldn't be scared. But dropping 800 USD on a coat is a lot of money, for only a few hundreds more you can have a entry level bespoke coat by Loro Piana and those big names. It wouldn't look the same as QoS, but I just mean that you should expect great quality and perfect fit (given the right information) for this price. I would try to look at every detail on the TF coat and mention it.
    toutbrun wrote:
    007 wrote:
    toutbrun wrote:

No, I don't have the Magnoli. In fact I consider buying the TF, maybe next winter if I'm lucky. But you can see with the pictures on this board what it looks like (both Magnoli and TF).

This forum is not very Baron-friendly. There is a package with a suit and a shirt and a QoS tie, but I think that no one EVER tried the tie. We'll never know whether it's good or not.

As for the coat, I really don't know. I don't remember whether or not someone bought it, if not, we'll you'll be the first. But Baron looks like they are serious and you shouldn't be scared. But dropping 800 USD on a coat is a lot of money, for only a few hundreds more you can have a entry level bespoke coat by Loro Piana and those big names. It wouldn't look the same as QoS, but I just mean that you should expect great quality and perfect fit (given the right information) for this price. I would try to look at every detail on the TF coat and mention it.

Yes, I've asked Baron to hold the tie mainly for this reason - plus the Magnoli version seems OK from what people have said. I was pretty happy with the quality of the Magnoli ties I got from you so when the Quantum and Royale ties arrive I think I'll get some pictures posted up here.

I've decided that I will go for a Quantum coat from Baron but i'll wait until the end of August before ordering it - 1. I can crack on with research on the TF coat and pass on the details to them and 2. we'll be heading towards Autumn here in England.

Thanks as ever toutbrun - very, very helpful!
    Things I hate:
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • 00 Aussie00 Aussie Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    Thanks for the kind reply. It was funny taking a winter type photo when it is 90 degrees outside.

The only thing that is really off is the collar. Just not cut as the original. I am going to advise the tailor/maker so that who'ever gets the next one will be even better. It is not harringbone but knew that starting off but I prefer this to the harringbone. With the wool/cashmere blend it is a little lighter I would imagine but still warm. I like the feeling of the silk lining.

But other then that, it is really a nice fitting overcoat. It is screen fitted like the Tom Ford model and that is great. Good attention to detail and very well made. There is something to be said about a fitted piece of clothing.

Let me get the email of the maker from China and I am sure you will be happy too. Time from ordering to delivery was 3 weeks. And for around $400, cannot be beat anywhere.

The fit is very good on you. I'm not entirely sure from your photos - did you order this to fit over a suit? If so did you just take your measurements with your suit on?

I am going to order one of these from karol, so want to get the fit as close as I can. I would appreciate any input you can give on fit since yours looks so well fitted.
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    00 Aussie wrote:
    cpoulos62 wrote:
    Thanks for the kind reply. It was funny taking a winter type photo when it is 90 degrees outside.

The only thing that is really off is the collar. Just not cut as the original. I am going to advise the tailor/maker so that who'ever gets the next one will be even better. It is not harringbone but knew that starting off but I prefer this to the harringbone. With the wool/cashmere blend it is a little lighter I would imagine but still warm. I like the feeling of the silk lining.

But other then that, it is really a nice fitting overcoat. It is screen fitted like the Tom Ford model and that is great. Good attention to detail and very well made. There is something to be said about a fitted piece of clothing.

Let me get the email of the maker from China and I am sure you will be happy too. Time from ordering to delivery was 3 weeks. And for around $400, cannot be beat anywhere.

The fit is very good on you. I'm not entirely sure from your photos - did you order this to fit over a suit? If so did you just take your measurements with your suit on?

I am going to order one of these from karol, so want to get the fit as close as I can. I would appreciate any input you can give on fit since yours looks so well fitted.
    I ordered from Karol and my photos and comments speak from themselves. You cannot go wrong here.

As for me, no need to measure with a suit on as it is an overcoat that replaces your jacket. I used the measurements form from Karol and selected Film cut to get a fitted look. The size was dead on for me.
  • 00 Aussie00 Aussie Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    cpoulos62

Like you, I have no issues with Karol's construction - I just took delivery of a QoS suit from him and its a pretty good effort considering the price.

I thought you were wearing yours sans suit, but it was hard to tell from the photo. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Thumbs up…very classic and nice… you look fantastic in the coat
  • RoikinsRoikins San Francisco, CAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Ced wrote:

Is the throat latch removable? I know Magnoli's version is not, while the original TF one is.
    Roikins wrote:
    Ced wrote:

Is the throat latch removable? I know Magnoli's version is not, while the original TF one is.

Yes is removable ,just ask him ,i mean Karol the tailor.