Bond 23 car

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To me at least, the new Aston looks like the Nissan z350.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    And especially the new and more muscular 370Z.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I think the Aston Martin Zagato Endurance, which I think it's being called, is pretty special except for the part that screams Nissan GTR. It's not that the Japanese make bad cars either. Aki's Toyota is one of my favorites. It's a shame there isn't a modern version of the 2000GT. Still Astons should be their own thing. I hope this design element stays with the track and we don't see it make it to production.

Also, Jay Leno just put up a test drive of the "new" Virage and although he likes the car it really does seem to be more about a different driving feel more than a new line of car.
    "Better late than never."
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Still Astons should be their own thing. I hope this design element stays with the track and we don't see it make it to production.

Likewise. This new car doesn't look like an Aston at all. I don't like it, and I hope never to see it in production. It's just not Aston like and too similar to some Nissans. Aston should separate itself and be a little unique.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    I like the Italian input in the Zagato. The original DB4, DB5 and DB6 were all Italian designed cars afterall.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Latest from Aston.... Perfect for B23?

0f42c0e0.png

Now that is what I call a car...... :x (Although I think it would be much classier in a champaign colour.... or that lovely petrol green, that is blue/silver/green/red depending on how you're looking at it. :D)

As usual you have great taste Lexi....

I too hate the red.... An Aston really needs to be Silver, black or racing green...

As regards the Nissan look, I see the point and as it's a classic design, hardly a bad thing.

I understand it'll be a limited edition ( as normal with zagato versions ) and will be a similar price to the DBS, if not more (think $280-300k)

My local dealership in LA has already sold 3/4 of their quota so I'm told.

I suspect this is for the Connoisseur

But like tosca, it ain't for everyone...

But is it worthy of bond 23?
    I've changed my mind about that V12 Zagato design element that resembles the Nissan GTR. In this new image you can tell the air vent is more aggressive and cutting into the engine bay. Where the GTR's is a very small element. I would like to see the car in white or silver to really get a feel for the design. Also, I hope the lights aren't exactly the same as on the normal V8 and V12 Vantage because I preferred the DB9/DBS lights. Still, I like the car a lot more now. Very curious what the street version will look like. This might be a good Bond car. I just hope he doesn't wreck it, which seems to be a running element of Bond films for far too long...

Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_04.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I know many love it, but it just doesn't look elegant. It looks like a teenager's idea of a sports car after watching the fast and the furious.Or it may be the colour I've always hated red, too in your face.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    I think he ought to drive a man's vehicle,,,a GMC pickup truck
    2011-sierra-hybrid-exterior-front-view-mm-gal-1-880x380-08.jpg
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Latest from Aston.... Perfect for B23?

0f42c0e0.png

Now that is what I call a car...... :x (Although I think it would be much classier in a champaign colour.... or that lovely petrol green, that is blue/silver/green/red depending on how you're looking at it. :D)

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:
    I too hate the red.... An Aston really needs to be Silver, black or racing green...

Yes, and that red is particularily cheap looking - in another colour, I think it would transform the whole look....

ke02eww wrote:

Oh yes..... can’t you imagine him opening her up on the curves of the sea to sky highway, the reflection of the cold mountainside creating sleek go faster lines along the body of the car
    2146838.bin?size=620x400

..... then he arrives, in all of Aston Martin's splendour at the Pan Pacific Mountainside hotel......
    74363.jpg

....the door is opened by one of the hotel's valets, where Bond, clothed in some equally eloquent suit, gets out of the car, adjusts his aviator style sunglasses - as some perky ski bunnies walk past, the lines of their salopettes leaving nothing to the imagination, ..... and he then mutters some line about the 'après ski activities' being something to look forward too... ?

*sigh* - QoS seemed a long time ago, I need my JB fix :x :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:

Oh yes..... can’t you imagine him opening her up.........

........... where Bond, clothed in some equally eloquent suit, gets out of the car, adjusts his aviator style sunglasses ....

......as some perky ski bunnies walk past, the lines of their salopettes leaving nothing to the imagination, .....

and he then mutters some line about the 'après ski activities' being something to look forward too... ?

*sigh*

Vivid....

Not sure I'll be able après-ciate salopettes in quite the same way again.. :)

Loved the Canadian rocky highway btw, an enticing climb while riding one's steed... -{

Semper...
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:

Yes, and that red is particularily cheap looking - in another colour, I think it would transform the whole look....

ke02eww wrote:

Oh yes..... can’t you imagine him opening her up on the curves of the sea to sky highway, the reflection of the cold mountainside creating sleek go faster lines along the body of the car
    2146838.bin?size=620x400

..... then he arrives, in all of Aston Martin's splendour at the Pan Pacific Mountainside hotel......
    74363.jpg

....the door is opened by one of the hotel's valets, where Bond, clothed in some equally eloquent suit, gets out of the car, adjusts his aviator style sunglasses - as some perky ski bunnies walk past, the lines of their salopettes leaving nothing to the imagination, ..... and he then mutters some line about the 'après ski activities' being something to look forward too... ?

Jeffery Deaver, eat your heart out. -{

deaver-jeffery1.jpeg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:

ke02eww wrote:

2146838.bin?size=620x400

74363.jpg

The hotel looks fine, the road looked a bit boring and plain. The west coast of Norway was described by the BBC as "Scotland on steroids". Is Scotland "Canada on steroids"?:v

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Business/Pix/pictures/2008/06/30/norway460.jpg
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:

ke02eww wrote:

2146838.bin?size=620x400

74363.jpg

The hotel looks fine, the road looked a bit boring and plain. The west coast of Norway was described by the BBC as "Scotland on steroids". Is Scotland "Canada on steroids"?:v

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Business/Pix/pictures/2008/06/30/norway460.jpg
    Number24 wrote:

Well, if you've driven it, you know it's anything but boring.... ;)

In fact, it's one of Canada's beautiful, if not deadliest roads....

sea_to_sky_highway.jpg

as landslides happen frequently....

bc-080730-highway-99-rockslide.jpg
    ce2e4b95af276e427f047b33939f854c.jpg

plus the higher parts, during winter months are trecherous - and would put any skilled driver to the test....

bc-080413-pemberton-avalanche2.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH7LwyElsZl1ssZ5d7_YlPmkNqQvjRDwUrBb2B_x0fplfhSRJx

and surely any 'plain' bits of road would be forgiven with that car.... -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

Why thank you -{
    ke02eww wrote:

Oh yes..... can’t you imagine him opening her up.........

........... where Bond, clothed in some equally eloquent suit, gets out of the car, adjusts his aviator style sunglasses ....

......as some perky ski bunnies walk past, the lines of their salopettes leaving nothing to the imagination, .....

and he then mutters some line about the 'après ski activities' being something to look forward too... ?

*sigh*

Vivid....

Not sure I'll be able après-ciate salopettes in quite the same way again.. :)

Loved the Canadian rocky highway btw, an enticing climb while riding one's steed... -{

Semper...

Boring ? 8-) someone needs steroids and it ain't the landscape... :p

Some of us actually recognized the Canadian road Lexi.. :007)

And every road is dangerous ..... It's rarely the road, more often the other driver.....

One of my best friends is Norwegian and he often recounts stories of norways notorious drivers (and moose! ) .....

Guess they spend too much time staring at the steroids and not enough time watching the road :s
    SilentSpy wrote:
    I've changed my mind about that V12 Zagato design element that resembles the Nissan GTR. In this new image you can tell the air vent is more aggressive and cutting into the engine bay. Where the GTR's is a very small element. I would like to see the car in white or silver to really get a feel for the design. Also, I hope the lights aren't exactly the same as on the normal V8 and V12 Vantage because I preferred the DB9/DBS lights. Still, I like the car a lot more now. Very curious what the street version will look like. This might be a good Bond car. I just hope he doesn't wreck it, which seems to be a running element of Bond films for far too long...

Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_04.jpg

Funny that... I've changed my mind as well - I hate it. Close-up viewing even shows the Z on the front wing - just like those Nissan Z cars... :#

Funny that... I've changed my mind as well - I hate it. Close-up viewing even shows the Z on the front wing - just like those Nissan Z cars... :#

I'm sure the small "Z" can be removed. The back might be a bit too sporty for Bond. Rear visibility seems poor. I hope Evo magazine has something on the car soon.
    SilentSpy wrote:

I'm sure the small "Z" can be removed. The back might be a bit too sporty for Bond. Rear visibility seems poor. I hope Evo magazine has something on the car soon.

The Z signifies its a zagato..... 8-)

These are the latest pics from it's outing this w/e at 2011 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este show.

http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/1060682_aston-martin-v12-zagato-race-car-spy-shots_gallery-1#100351072

Racing green?..... :s
    I know. But some people don't like branding or at least noticeable branding on their vehicles. Especially if it's very close to another brand like this Z symbol. Although, it doesn't bother me on this car. I remember all the BMW logos on the Z3 when it was released. Even though I had zero interest in the car, Bond or otherwise.

Thanks for that link. This car is the real deal. Still worried about visibility and the front lights. I hope the interior is a bit different from the standard V8/V12 Vantage models but it doesn't look like it.
    Obviously the Z is for Zagato. :s
    I was just stating that it doesn't sit well with a car that most people have stated looks like either a Nissan 350Z/370Z or a Nissan GTR. The Z decal was a clincher for me. I've never been a huge fan of Zagato models - they always look over-fussed IMO. This one looks a little like too many other cars from different angles. ke02eww's link shows a lot of re-worked Vantage from the rear - I also see Lotus Evora screen and roof, Nissan 370z haunches, TVR T350 and Marcos TSO rear 1/4 body... It's a proper mongrel! :))
    Like most here I'll never afford one anyway, so it hardly matters too much... ;)

Lexi wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Well, if you've driven it, you know it's anything but boring.... ;)

In fact, it's one of Canada's beautiful, if not deadliest roads....

sea_to_sky_highway.jpg

as landslides happen frequently....

bc-080730-highway-99-rockslide.jpg
    ce2e4b95af276e427f047b33939f854c.jpg

plus the higher parts, during winter months are trecherous - and would put any skilled driver to the test....

bc-080413-pemberton-avalanche2.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH7LwyElsZl1ssZ5d7_YlPmkNqQvjRDwUrBb2B_x0fplfhSRJx

and surely any 'plain' bits of road would be forgiven with that car.... -{

That's a lot better! The second and third picture actually looks a lot like the road close to where I grew up after a landslide a few years ago. But then the section of road wasn't just filled with stones, it was simply gone! And the drop from the road is about 50 m down to the fjord. So - Canada looks clearly better on your new pictures, but anything you can do I can do better :D
    (patriotism raises it's ugly head)
  • DrFragmentDrFragment South Coast Of EnglandPosts: 49MI6 Agent
    Bond has to have an Aston Martin. So more of the DB5. Or for a real change go for a gadget laden Smart car !
    "Mm... Royal Beluga, north of the Caspian."
  • EvaFanEvaFan Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    That sure would be a change if Bond had a Smart! :) I think I would still prefer an Aston Martin a bit classier.
    Number24 wrote:

That's a lot better! The second and third picture actually looks a lot like the road close to where I grew up after a landslide a few years ago. But then the section of road wasn't just filled with stones, it was simply gone! And the drop from the road is about 50 m down to the fjord. So - Canada looks clearly better on your new pictures, but anything you can do I can do better :D
    (patriotism raises it's ugly head)

ah, phew.... :))

I do know how breathtaking Norway can be - and Canada does have some very scenic roads that look very similar - either locations would make great backdrops for Bond 23 -{
    I think it's time for another Goldfinger style driving scene through the mountains or something. We haven't had something like that in a Bond film in ages. The last similar scene was in Licence to Kill. Everything afterwards has been quick chase scenes. Those scenes in Goldfinger are still beautiful and continue to make me believe that the DB5 is the perfect all around car.
  • LancasterLancaster Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    You are right - chase scenes are always too short. Check out the scene in "Deathproof" with Kurt Russell for a car chase with length and attitude. With hindsight, I was not too bothered about the scenery (desert I think?)!

Keep an eye out for some sort of Nissan Hybrid in the next movie. Still flavour of the month among many A listers!

I think Bond should get on a (very powerful) motorbike. Could create some outstanding scenes...must be a British brand or two still going....
    "The distance between insanity and genius is merely success"
    I'd like to see Bond on a Triumph Speed Triple

Speed_Triple_White_RHS.jpg

Or a Ducati Monster

ducati.jpg

Both are classy, soulful and quick. Maybe he could bust into a showroom and wheelie one out through the glass doors! :D

• LancasterLancaster Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    Good choice.

Could come up with some excellent gadgets too - maybe a few sidewinders? Not forgetting a dock for the iphone!
    "The distance between insanity and genius is merely success"
    Lancaster wrote:
    You are right - chase scenes are always too short. Check out the scene in "Deathproof" with Kurt Russell for a car chase with length and attitude. With hindsight, I was not too bothered about the scenery (desert I think?)!

I think Bond should get on a (very powerful) motorbike. Could create some outstanding scenes...must be a British brand or two still going....

As cool as Death Proof (and Planet Terror) are, I was thinking about the slow shots of driving through the mountains while tailing a suspect. Or of Bond just in the car going through the gears while talking to a woman, not about to race like in Goldeneye.

I love motorcycles but when Bond gets on a motorcycle to me, it's the lighter Bond in the style of Moore or Brosnan. Connery's scene in NSNA was cool but it kind of felt misplaced and now almost funny after listening to the review of the film on Being James Bond by Head of Section.