Bond 23 car

123457»

Comments

• ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Because for such a beatuiful car, that colour detracts from it. It's not even a nice red.... it's horrid, glarish, and cheap looking... which shouldn't be attributed to such a classy car.

The car doesn't need anything other than itself to get attention - and this just screams, 'midlife crisis'.

This car needs only to be quietly smouldering - and purring under the hood.... just like a classy woman. -{

Midlife crisis??,...

U having a bad hair day per chance lex? :v

Nope - you misunderstand me Paul, I was referring to the colour.

The car is pure class - the colour however is simply awful.... in fact, if I'm not mistaken you agreed with me when a similar colour was posted:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Now that is what I call a car...... :x (Although I think it would be much classier in a champaign colour.... or that lovely petrol green, that is blue/silver/green/red depending on how you're looking at it. :D)

As usual you have great taste Lexi....

I too hate the red.... An Aston really needs to be Silver, black or racing green...

As regards the Nissan look, I see the point and as it's a classic design, hardly a bad thing.

I understand it'll be a limited edition ( as normal with zagato versions ) and will be a similar price to the DBS, if not more (think $280-300k)

My local dealership in LA has already sold 3/4 of their quota so I'm told.

I suspect this is for the Connoisseur

But like tosca, it ain't for everyone...

But is it worthy of bond 23?

In fact, I hadn't appreciated we were talking about the same car.... ;%

Re-read my most recent post again... I was just repeating what I originally posted...

....and there I was thinking you listened 8-)

Two-Shay :)

I misread ur comment - didn't realize u meant the colour screamed MLC....

I do hate the colour...

"As usual you have great taste Lexi....
    I too hate the red.... An Aston really needs to be Silver, black or racing green..."

But the car is awesome and I can't wait to have a go...

Lex, I always listen..... ;%

But I'm human and make mistakes..... :o
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    Love this....

I have the original callum sketches of the vanquish and they re a work of art...

Man is a genius..

What?! The originals? Aston Martin didn't keep them? How did you get them, in an auction?
    Mr Beech wrote:
    I am surprised by how similar that designer made the whole Jaguar line to Aston Martin. It just has those signature sweeping lines of Aston Martin. Not a complaint, but I didn't expect the similarities to carry over like they have.

I think that Ian Callum did the Jaguar first back in the mid 90s. It was the XK something or other. Then he did the DB7. Both were fairly similar. The DB7 was a bit more masculine. This was back when Ford somehow owned Aston Martin and Jaguar...He actually said in an interview that he likes this classic shape. I give the guy a break because he's not the one repeating the finished designs like Porsche. By the way, the new 911 is probably the most boring one yet. Even the interior is somehow soft and dull. Of course, it could be the beige color of the interior.
    "Better late than never."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

Lex, I always listen..... ;%

But I'm human and make mistakes..... :o

Fair enough. :D -{

I did laugh when I realised that we had already spoken about this.... so I guess, it's my bad too :))

So we've found the car... (although colour still to be decided ;) ) What's next... ahh yes, the Bond girl :v
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Yes I'm forty. Yes my new car has over 500 bhp. It's just a coincidence... 8-)

Someone accused my of having a mid-life crisis the other day. I waited until they got in the seat of their 8 year old focus, tapped the roof and told him the only crisis I would have is if I got to the age to have a mid-life crisis and couldn't AFFORD to have a mid-life crisis.... :v
    That is the problem for most men -- they simply can't afford an expensive sports car in their 20s or early 30s or even older. At best, they can afford some used muscle car. I drove "sensible" cars in my youth, then got a Z4 in my 30s, then decided to "grow up" and got a 4WD truck (midwest, snow, big suburban house, etc.), and am now thinking of a Porsche for fun. Of course, I'm past the 40 mark and just got a 20-something girlfriend (she chased me if that is of any consequence), so maybe I am working hard at cliche.
    SilentSpy wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Love this....

I have the original callum sketches of the vanquish and they re a work of art...

Man is a genius..

What?! The originals? Aston Martin didn't keep them? How did you get them, in an auction?

Yes...am have a auction at Newport pagnell every year....
    I bgt two, gave one to a friend for his 50th.

I'm on cruise now, but when I'm home I'll post a pic
    -{
    Lexi wrote:

So we've found the car... (although colour still to be decided ;) ) What's next... ahh yes, the Bond girl :v

You'll always be my first choice lex :p
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    The new A-M Zagato is basically a track car, so unless Bond is solely chasing baddies on the GP track in Monte Carlo then it'd ground itself and be stranded on the average manhole cover or bulge in the tarmac… As nice as it is, I can't see this putting in an appearance in Bond 23.
    Back to a decent V12 GT, such as the DB9, trusted DBS, or the W10 engined Bentley Continental GT of Deaver's novel "Carte Blanche". But I can't see Aston Martin not continuing the branding opportunity of Bond…
    ;-) So errr a Cygnet it is then? :)
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    i agree with the aston martin thing....i don't think they give up the branding opportunity
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    smudgedude wrote:
    i agree with the aston martin thing....i don't think they give up the branding opportunity

007 has been their single biggest campaign in their history. It is a relationship most people who have seen two or even one of the movies will catch.

They'll pay for that deal until it eats up 85% of their marketing budget :))
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    Yep its got to be the AM V12 ZAGATO, only 150 of these babies will be produced so EON you'd better hurry before they are gone!

Aston_Martin_V12_ZAGATO.jpg
    pwalsh9012 wrote:
    Yep its got to be the AM V12 ZAGATO, only 150 of these babies will be produced so EON you'd better hurry before they are gone!

Aston_Martin_V12_ZAGATO.jpg

The one-77 would be interesting, but I don't think these super-limited run cars will make it into a movie since many cars get damaged, even accidentally in production.

http://bestcar2011.tk/images/Aston_Martin_One_77/Aston_Martin_One_77_6.jpg
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    How about one of these babies for the car chase in India...wouldn't look out of place there.

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3776.jpg
    ke02eww wrote:
    SilentSpy wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Love this....

Man is a genius..

-{

Back from that cruise yet? I can't wait to see what sketch you have. I have an article somewhere with a Vanquish sketch in it back when it was called the Project Vanquish or something like that. It was the concept version that had 007 on the odometer.

Anyway, the new Jaguar C-X16 was revealed last week. Easily one of the best designs ever. With the correct pricing and engine, this could be a year around daily driver Bond type car. There are a few concept thingies that bug me. I don't think I've ever seen a car with an opening rear glass window. It seems kind of odd. Also, the console bar that makes the cockpit driver oriented also will make the passenger feel like they are in a death seat. Plus, I can't believe that car is as wide as they claim. But the length is perfect. Still a beautiful car. I'm curious what new Aston Martins are in the works now as this C-X16 concept is easily better than the V8/V12 Vantage, DB9, and Virage.

High resolution pictures and videos here: http://media.c-x16.com/

A9_CX16_008_v3_1008x567.jpg
    SilentSpy wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    SilentSpy wrote:

-{

Back from that cruise yet? I can't wait to see what sketch you have. I have an article somewhere with a Vanquish sketch in it back when it was called the Project Vanquish or something like that. It was the concept version that had 007 on the odometer.

Anyway, the new Jaguar C-X16 was revealed last week. Easily one of the best designs ever. With the correct pricing and engine, this could be a year around daily driver Bond type car. There are a few concept thingies that bug me. I don't think I've ever seen a car with an opening rear glass window. It seems kind of odd. Also, the console bar that makes the cockpit driver oriented also will make the passenger feel like they are in a death seat. Plus, I can't believe that car is as wide as they claim. But the length is perfect. Still a beautiful car. I'm curious what new Aston Martins are in the works now as this C-X16 concept is easily better than the V8/V12 Vantage, DB9, and Virage.

High resolution pictures and videos here: http://media.c-x16.com/

A9_CX16_008_v3_1008x567.jpg
    Doesn't look as elegant as Aston Martins or other Jaguars, but it is gorgeous. The center console thing is quite bizarre.
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    There are a few concept thingies that bug me. I don't think I've ever seen a car with an opening rear glass window. It seems kind of odd.
    ?:) You have never seen a 1982 or newer Corvette? Or a Porsche 924/944/968? They all have an opening glass rear window. As have cars like Hillman/Sunbeam Imp or Renault 25 and Fuego which are a bit more exotic nowadays.
    And if you find it odd that the hatch is opening to the side: This is of course an hommage to the Jaguar E-Type.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I for my part find the C-X16 absolutely gorgeous.
    Classic lines and the right amount of aggressiveness. Hope, that they will make it - however I doubt, that the final product will be around the EUR 50.000,-- mark like advertised recently.

As for 007, I doubt, that he'll get a Jaguar. The heritage with Jerry Cotton will be a huge turn-down for the producers - as long as they don't receive an according cheque... :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    SilentSpy wrote:
    There are a few concept thingies that bug me. I don't think I've ever seen a car with an opening rear glass window. It seems kind of odd.
    ?:) You have never seen a 1982 or newer Corvette? Or a Porsche 924/944/968? They all have an opening glass rear window. As have cars like Hillman/Sunbeam Imp or Renault 25 and Fuego which are a bit more exotic nowadays.
    And if you find it odd that the hatch is opening to the side: This is of course an hommage to the Jaguar E-Type.

I know of these cars. I think we call them hatchback trunks over here. Usually the glass and a good portion of the rear bodywork goes up. Not primarily the glass area like the C-X16. When I think of the old E Type I don't think of the coupe. So, I didn't know about that one. I haven't read through the C-X16 paperwork yet. I was sorting through the downloaded images first. But it is the way the glass opens to the side that's odd to me.
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I for my part find the C-X16 absolutely gorgeous.
    Classic lines and the right amount of aggressiveness. Hope, that they will make it - however I doubt, that the final product will be around the EUR 50.000,-- mark like advertised recently.

I hoping that the engine and F1 tech in the concept will be for the top of the line version. Maybe a standard V6 with supercharger and manual transmission for the normal entry level version. I guess we'll know a bit more tomorrow at the show.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    C-X16, one of the nicest budget Aston's to date... ;)
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
    No news on the production model yet. However, Jaguar has to make this car. I don't think I've ever seen a concept car pushed this much. They have a serious hit on their hands if and when they make it.
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    wow that jag looks sweeeeeeeeeet
    Jay Leno wrote an article on the new Jaguar. I think he'll get the chance to do a test drive or something with it soon. Leno did have Ian Callum on his garage show once with the Jaguar C-X75.

Since there were no new Aston Martin cars at the Frankfurt auto show, I guess Bond will have his DBS for Bond 23. If there is a car scene. Or maybe we'll see him drive the DB5 he won. I like it more when Bond sticks with his cars instead of getting a new one every movie like what happened with BMW.