Bond 23 car

Comments

• UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Any man in a flashy car - Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini - ughhhhh is a total turn off.

A car says a lot about a man..... and it has to be classy and NOT flashy.

Aston Martin is on the border…but it’s been such an iconic car for such a long time, you can’t really argue with it. (As is the Bentley – but I just think 'old man' when I see one now, no matter how sexy the Top Gear guys try to make it seem :)) )

Audi, VW, hey even a Volvo shows that he doesn't rely on his car to make up for any *ahem* shortcomings.

Subtlety is a great aphrodisiac -{
    I love exotic supercars as beautiful, powerful works of art. Guys are into cars, women have their thing. I don't doubt a woman's femininity if she is wearing $600 designer shoes. But you are correct....many times you can judge a guy by his car...it reflects his bank account.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Any man in a flashy car - Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini - ughhhhh is a total turn off.

A car says a lot about a man..... and it has to be classy and NOT flashy.

Aston Martin is on the border…but it’s been such an iconic car for such a long time, you can’t really argue with it. (As is the Bentley – but I just think 'old man' when I see one now, no matter how sexy the Top Gear guys try to make it seem :)) )

Audi, VW, hey even a Volvo shows that he doesn't rely on his car to make up for any *ahem* shortcomings.

Subtlety is a great aphrodisiac -{
    I love exotic supercars as beautiful, powerful works of art. Guys are into cars, women have their thing. I don't doubt a woman's femininity if she is wearing $600 designer shoes. But you are correct....many times you can judge a guy by his car...it reflects his bank account.

Good points UT, but lexi is spot on.....

Subtlety is a great aphrodisiac....

Which reminds me, I always doubt a womans subtlety when she's sticking her $600 stilettos in my foot...
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    It all depends on the driver. Audis are the car of the moment to slate for being driven by idiots - two feet from your bumper at 80mph with the driver on a mobile etc. Put a floppy haired, poetry reading, golden retriever owning, vegetarian Hugh Grant lookalike in one and nobody would say a thing about it. :))
    The problem with most supercars is that the vast majority of owners are the wrong side of fifty and therefore look a little desperate. That's because to drop in excess of £100K on a car you have to work all your life. Good luck to these guys - because as anyone who has been fortuanate enough to drive something very special knows - you are doing so loving the experience, and not dreaming about how big your co*k could have been if genetics were kinder! :))
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    ...it reflects his bank account.

Yeah, not sure about that.
    Anyone can buy a fancy car and go into debt.
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    edited June 2011
    My comments have started to spark debate, so I would like to steer the topic back to the thread's intention;
    Bond works for the Brittish govt., therefore, he should be issued a Brittish car. As much as I think that the Audi R8 is today's most "Bondian" car, I just feel that Bond's car should reflect his patriotic service. I really took offense to the blatant product placement of the Brosnin era with Q extolling the BMWs.
    That being said, I think it's cool when Bond's car reflects the country he's working in (The Japanese Toyota GT in YOLT). As far as a Brit car for Bond, the Astons are starting to get a little tiring. I think Jaguars are gorgeous, but I can't imagine Bond depending on their reliability (LOL). The Bentley is a nice idea in regards to the Fleming books, but they seem too bulky for a Bond car. My vote is for the new McLaren.
    http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/default.aspx#/gallery
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    As much as I think that the Audi R8 is today's most "Bondian" car, I just feel that Bond's car should reflect his patriotic service.

The Bentley is a nice idea in regards to the Fleming books, but they seem too bulky for a Bond car. My vote is for the new McLaren.

How would you define a "Bondian" car?

I agree that the Bentley (specifically the Continental GT I suggested earlier in the thread) is a larger, bulkier car than the Aston Martin DB9, but don't let the size fool you. In "Supersports" trim it's as quick and as agile as the DB9.

If the literary Bond drove Bentleys, I fail to see any reason why the cinematic Bond shouldn't follow suit.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    My comments have started to spark debate, so I would like to steer the topic back to the thread's intention;
    Bond works for the Brittish govt., therefore, he should be issued a Brittish car. As much as I think that the Audi R8 is today's most "Bondian" car, I just feel that Bond's car should reflect his patriotic service. I really took offense to the blatant product placement of the Brosnin era with Q extolling the BMWs.
    That being said, I think it's cool when Bond's car reflects the country he's working in (The Japanese Toyota GT in YOLT). As far as a Brit car for Bond, the Astons are starting to get a little tiring. I think Jaguars are gorgeous, but I can't imagine Bond depending on their reliability (LOL). The Bentley is a nice idea in regards to the Fleming books, but they seem too bulky for a Bond car. My vote is for the new McLaren.

The new Continental GT doesn't seem to be bulky in my opinion :P The McLaren is stricte a race car, look at the DBS: of course it's sporty, but on the other hand it's a tremendous grand tourer. The fact, that in 2012 Aston Martin will reveal the DBS facelift speaks for itself: this car will be seen in Bond 23 ;)
    The Bentley Continental isn't all that big when viewed next to a DB9 - different prortions maybe, but it hardly dwarfs the DB9 on which Bond's DBS is largely based.
    IMO the new Maclaren is not a Bond car - it's tiny, like its Ferrari competitor, and full-on shouty in its appearance - like the race car it is.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Bond should not drive a pure sports car as his personal car. It has to be a refined GT. Although, GT is used for too many types of cars these days...
    "Better late than never."
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Bond should not drive a pure sports car as his personal car. It has to be a refined GT. Although, GT is used for too many types of cars these days...

I agree. That's why I think the Bentley Continental GT is the car for Bond because it is a refined grand tourer.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Vincesanity61Vincesanity61 Detroit, MichiganPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    I would go with this; It's an XKR underneath with a modern interpretation of the E-Type on top.

Jaguar_growler_e_concept.jpg

growler_e_type_4_resize.jpg
    I would go with this; It's an XKR underneath with a modern interpretation of the E-Type on top.

This looks interesting. I need to find more on it. Is it new? I haven't seen it on any car news websites.
  • Vincesanity61Vincesanity61 Detroit, MichiganPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:

This looks interesting. I need to find more on it. Is it new? I haven't seen it on any car news websites.

Here are some links:

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/265312/growler_jaguar_etype_recreation_revealed.html

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1056412_report-vizualtech-to-build-growler-e-e-type-concept

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/growler-e-type-jaguar-2011-02-28

It is officially called the Growler E and will be built a company called VizualTech. Website: http://www.viztech.se/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    " The Growler", Might of worked for a Roger Moore Bond, But Not Craig I think. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Here's a new aston, Beautiful. -{
    http://youtu.be/lYLbO9RCuds
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    " The Growler", Might of worked for a Roger Moore Bond, But Not Craig I think. :))

Yea..they had fun with that on Top Gear last week :))
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    How about the new Aston Martin V12 Zagato:

zagato-v121.jpg

aston-martin-v12-zagato.jpg
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    It has horrible wheels and looks like a professional race car because of the rear bumper. I would rather see Bond driving the new Continental GT (if not the DBS). What a car, what a noise.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited August 2011
    It has to be Aston or Bentley in my opinion.

And...

007 wrote:
    How about the Rapide?

pGkhA.jpg 3dkQi.jpg pGwLi.jpg zOmRr.jpg

WTF OMG!? What is with some people and those things? It is a sedan/faux-coupe with a huge lift gate ass. Seriously. It is like it wants to convert the station wagon moms and hatchback drivers over to these "hip" specialty luxury cars. NO. You can have that hideous Honda Crosstour, but you can't have my Porches and my Aston Martins (not that I possess models literally)!

Seriously, it is like my beautiful favorite luxury sport cars ate too many hatchbacks and turned into fat butt sedans. Does nobody see the proportions for how odd they are!? It is either some designer trying to fit a four door setup on a coupe by
    l e n g t h e n i n g the back or the designer said "Pump up the trunk so we can get some storage like those hatchback trunk lift gates that people like." They missed the part where people who like hatchbacks with lift gates either buy the dang Japanese or VW hatchback and leave the classic looks alone, or they get themselves a station wagon. Mercedes and VW did four door coupes right. You make a small rear door section and still allow the trunk to be off the back to maintain the proportions. The Panamera and the Rapide (and Honda cross tour) look as if someone slide the whole cabin to the back of the car to make it handle like a boat. A lift gate and larger rear door make a goofball mess. Blegh! We can't have these worlds collide.

This is madness!

Er. No Offense.

/rant over.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    How about the new Aston Martin V12 Zagato:

zagato-v121.jpg

aston-martin-v12-zagato.jpg

Why that horrible red? Makes that car look cheap - and just plain 'obvious'

Really don't like the lack (?) of rear bumper.... the car's lines and pedigree is enough, without it looking like it's been suped up in some 'pimp my ride' type of way.

The alloys though are pretty cool looking... :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :))

Why does it not surprise me that the first that you complaint is - the colour!

We need more clichees here, Lexi
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :))

Why does it not surprise me that the first that you complaint is - the colour!

We need more clichees here, Lexi

Hey colour is important... I'm sure you would be the first to complain if some gorgeous girl was wearing a horrible colour dress... that clashed with her hair, and skin tone... it's the same thing :p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCG3KeSmMD5jGppfjGGzBrMnoBhiRXuqr6NfQi7VeQFwTIOlhF_A

This beautiful car shouldn't be insulted with this horrible colour....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :D

I am not sure, if it's the color of the dresses or the pattern.

But I find it ermmmmm..... cute, that we are seeing an US$ 500.000,-- price winning (Concorso d'Eleganza) dream car with over 500 hp and the first thing that you bring up is the color :x *

I am pretty sure, that THAT would be the very last on the list of the remaining blokes here {:)

To give you some solace: My wife said the same thing, when she saw that car at first.

* the cliché obviously is true, that the #1 car selling point for the opposite sex is the color, followed by color and a close third is color.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Maybe not for Bond 23 but a serious potential everyday all year around car for me. The coming Jaguar C-X16 sketch by Ian Callum. This designer originated the current style for Aston Martin starting with the DB7. If this new Jaguar is as good as the sketch, priced similar to the Porsche Cayman (which some are doubting), and has a reliable and strong engine this will be the car to own.

Jaguar_C_X16_Sketch_Ian_Callum.jpg
    Bondtoys wrote:
    But I find it ermmmmm..... cute, that we are seeing an US$ 500.000,-- price winning (Concorso d'Eleganza) dream car with over 500 hp and the first thing that you bring up is the color :x *

I am pretty sure, that THAT would be the very last on the list of the remaining blokes here {:)

To give you some solace: My wife said the same thing, when she saw that car at first.

* the cliché obviously is true, that the #1 car selling point for the opposite sex is the color, followed by color and a close third is color.

Because for such a beatuiful car, that colour detracts from it. It's not even a nice red.... it's horrid, glarish, and cheap looking... which shouldn't be attributed to such a classy car.

The car doesn't need anything other than itself to get attention - and this just screams, 'midlife crisis'.

This car needs only to be quietly smouldering - and purring under the hood.... just like a classy woman. -{
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Maybe not for Bond 23 but a serious potential everyday all year around car for me. The coming Jaguar C-X16 sketch by Ian Callum. This designer originated the current style for Aston Martin starting with the DB7. If this new Jaguar is as good as the sketch, priced similar to the Porsche Cayman (which some are doubting), and has a reliable and strong engine this will be the car to own.

Love this....

I have the original callum sketches of the vanquish and they re a work of art...

Man is a genius..
    Lexi wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Because for such a beatuiful car, that colour detracts from it. It's not even a nice red.... it's horrid, glarish, and cheap looking... which shouldn't be attributed to such a classy car.

The car doesn't need anything other than itself to get attention - and this just screams, 'midlife crisis'.

This car needs only to be quietly smouldering - and purring under the hood.... just like a classy woman. -{

Midlife crisis??,...

U having a bad hair day per chance lex? :v
    Yes I'm forty. Yes my new car has over 500 bhp. It's just a coincidence... 8-)

Someone accused my of having a mid-life crisis the other day. I waited until they got in the seat of their 8 year old focus, tapped the roof and told him the only crisis I would have is if I got to the age to have a mid-life crisis and couldn't AFFORD to have a mid-life crisis.... :v

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:

I am surprised by how similar that designer made the whole Jaguar line to Aston Martin. It just has those signature sweeping lines of Aston Martin. Not a complaint, but I didn't expect the similarities to carry over like they have.
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Midlife crisis??,...

U having a bad hair day per chance lex? :v

Nope - you misunderstand me Paul, I was referring to the colour.

The car is pure class - the colour however is simply awful.... in fact, if I'm not mistaken you agreed with me when a similar colour was posted:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Latest from Aston.... Perfect for B23?

0f42c0e0.png

Now that is what I call a car...... :x (Although I think it would be much classier in a champaign colour.... or that lovely petrol green, that is blue/silver/green/red depending on how you're looking at it. :D)

As usual you have great taste Lexi....

I too hate the red.... An Aston really needs to be Silver, black or racing green...

As regards the Nissan look, I see the point and as it's a classic design, hardly a bad thing.

I understand it'll be a limited edition ( as normal with zagato versions ) and will be a similar price to the DBS, if not more (think $280-300k)

My local dealership in LA has already sold 3/4 of their quota so I'm told.

I suspect this is for the Connoisseur

But like tosca, it ain't for everyone...

But is it worthy of bond 23?

In fact, I hadn't appreciated we were talking about the same car.... ;%

Re-read my most recent post again... I was just repeating what I originally posted...

....and there I was thinking you listened 8-)