Who Would You Like to See Sing the Theme

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "He's short and he's Blonde , To some he's just not Bond " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    "He's all a bit vanilla, His face needs polyfiller,
    He's a listless am-dram"
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    OK I surrender....should have known that even discussing a theme song could get hi jacked into a Craig bashing; at least Thunderpussy's rhymes.
    "Take this thread to Albuquerque, There's a large Anti-Craig community there and I must join my People !" :))
    Seriously I'm all for Dame Shirley doing another Theme, and think Amy Winwhouse would of been terrific her voice is amazing.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    Amy Winwhouse would of been terrific her voice is amazing.

I agree, but: first she has to go to rehab, yeah, yeah, yeah!
    number24 You might want her to go to Rehab, but you know what she's going to say ............... :))
    Re: Amy Winehouse and her "adventures".......when Keith Richards says when asked to comment "That bitch is out of control" you know you have a problem. It's a shame, IMO she'd be perfect to do a Bond theme.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Amy Winehouse? You've got to be kidding.

Am I the only one that doesn't rate her as a singer? I just don't see it ... what's so good about her voice?
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • TomSawyerTomSawyer Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Lady GaGa ? :D :o :)) :p

I like her, could work for me.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I think Adele could do a good track. But it all depends on the slant of the movie - do they need a ballad belter, or a more modern track.

I loved the last two Bond themes, Another Way To Die especially - and I think there are lots of fresh new talent out there to produce a decent track, without having repeat performances from singers who have already sung one.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Amy Winehouse? You've got to be kidding.

Am I the only one that doesn't rate her as a singer? I just don't see it ... what's so good about her voice?

I saw Amy Winehouse live in concert in a tiny venue early in 2007 before her life spiralled so fantastically out of control. Her voice was amazing. One of the best live performances I have ever seen by anyone and she seemed to be a certain to be one of the greatest R&B/soul singers of her generation. Her talent was immense, especially when you consider that she wrote almost all of her own stuff as well. She did snap at someone in the crowd, and Blakie was lurking behind the curtains on the edge of the stage in his shiny tracksuit, but it was a phenomenal show. Sadly, I don't think she's ever come close to reproducing that talent since then and I have my doubts that she ever will.
    She was a unique talent...great voice, could write songs, offbeat, but the demons of addiction and self destruction may have taken a permanent toll.....and that husband of hers, what a piece of barely human excrement he is.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    I think Adele could do a good track. But it all depends on the slant of the movie - do they need a ballad belter, or a more modern track.

I loved the last two Bond themes, Another Way To Die especially - and I think there are lots of fresh new talent out there to produce a decent track, without having repeat performances from singers who have already sung one.

Adele is touted as the new Amy W and has a great voice....

I still illusions that savage garden wil get back together and do a bonf theme...

Before u roll em 8-) listen to this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUeCGUtbvk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The bond theme that never was.....
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    ke02eww wrote:
    I still illusions that savage garden wil get back together and do a bonf theme...

Nice enough tune....but if they ever dig up Sid James, Kenneth Williams et al....well....we have our new "Carry On..." film :))

Can I roll my eyes now ? :D

Thank you 8-)

I'd still love Goldfrapp to be given the gig, but I fear the chance has long passed them now....

I'm another one in the Adele camp then....I didn't really care much for what I heard from her debut album "19"...but what I've heard from "21" is sensational....
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm another one who'd like to see Goldfrapp handle the title tune. . .also, I like Duffy's bluesy style. Of course, I also thought Alicia Keyes was a great choice, but look what we got. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I hear you. But it wasn't Ms. Keys, who has a lovely voice, but the song was pretty weak.
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I'm another one who'd like to see Goldfrapp handle the title tune. . .also, I like Duffy's bluesy style. Of course, I also thought Alicia Keyes was a great choice, but look what we got. . .
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • jamesdudejamesdude Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Liza Minelli. She has a "Bond theme" type voice.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Funnily enough, Morrissey wouldn't be too bad for a Craig flick. And he's mates with Nancy Sinatra.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    This.
    Funnily enough, Morrissey wouldn't be too bad for a Craig flick. And he's mates with Nancy Sinatra.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    I still illusions that savage garden wil get back together and do a bond theme...

Nice enough tune....but if they ever dig up Sid James, Kenneth Williams et al....well....we have our new "Carry On..." film :))

Thank you 8-)

I'd still love Goldfrapp to be given the gig, but I fear the chance has long passed them now....

I'm another one in the Adele camp then....I didn't really care much for what I heard from her debut album "19"...but what I've heard from "21" is sensational....

I guess tosca isn't for everyone.... 8-)

Adele has a real chance I understand...

As for goldfrapp u know they were in the running before ( the joke at the beginning of one of their gigs I rcall) but they are definitely as washed up and carry onnas savage garden !!!

:s
    Hardyboy wrote:

Agree on ms keys, but I think the result may have been the extreme tight deadline Black was given to come up with a tune - the story I heard (who knows what actually happened) was they stuck with Amy W for as long as they dared, but had no back up horse and Black was given no time to polish the song.

Also, Arnold may be notorious for being last minute with his scores, leaving Black in the dark regarding what he was trying to match his title song to....

In fact its grown on me over the years....
    This.

It's true, she calls him her mentor, as he reminds her of her dad.... 8-)

Yolt is one of my favourite bond themes ...

Maybe this isn't as daft as it sounds..... :o
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    ke02eww wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    I still illusions that savage garden wil get back together and do a bond theme...

Thank you 8-)

I guess tosca isn't for everyone.... 8-)

Adele has a real chance I understand...

As for goldfrapp u know they were in the running before ( the joke at the beginning of one of their gigs I rcall) but they are definitely as washed up and carry onnas savage garden !!!

:s

Yeah, but I don't mind Tosca :))

Really ? They should be...some of their stuff is incredible...not over keen on their last album though....so...what was the gag that cost them ?
    YNWA 97
  • FlemishFlemish CardiffPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    edited July 2012
    Wilde wrote:
    Lady Gaga...

In-fact, no.

I think Lady Gaga could have the potential to do something really old school but modern Bond
    which would be great, but then again it'd prob sound just like a cheap karaoke remix of the old themes...
    much like her other songs perhaps?! ooh controversial!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gagas-born-way-criticized-98922
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Flemish wrote:
    Wilde wrote:
    Lady Gaga...

In-fact, no.

I think Lady Gaga could have the potential to do something really old school but modern Bond which would be great, but then again it'd prob sound just like a cheap karaoke remix of the old themes...
    much like her other songs perhaps?! ooh controversial!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gagas-born-way-criticized-98922

Not at all, I think GaGa could do a great job of giving a 'Post-modern' Diva/ Torch song approach. Lota of Barry homage it could be just what the Dr Ordered
  • DrFragmentDrFragment South Coast Of EnglandPosts: 49MI6 Agent
    Joss Stone. Got the right kind of powerful voice. I loved her title song for Blood Stone.
    "Mm... Royal Beluga, north of the Caspian."
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    I'm an old fart so Dame Shirley will always be a scentimental favorite, but I've just heard Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" and I'm impressed! Understand she's a Brit to boot! -{
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    My lovely wife has just suggested John Barrowman, but dressed as Shirley Bassey !!, got to be worth a shout !?
    Or as homage to John Barry. A great instrumental track by David Arnold ( think OHMSS, Barrys' finest )
    Barrowman, would do a great Dame Shirley impression :))