Who Would You Like to See Sing the Theme

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Nice try, but it doesn't really hit the mark for me. Thanks for sharing, Lexi.
    Lexi wrote:
    I stumbled across this as I was doing a new search for Bond 23 and who was singing the theme...

Not sure if anyone has seen this... Property of a Lady

Now, I don't particularly like the song... or the lyrics... however it is interesting. Anyone else saw this?
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    No, nor me... however, it is amazing to see people develop such 'professional' pieces....
    Lexi wrote:
    I stumbled across this as I was doing a new search for Bond 23 and who was singing the theme...

Now, I don't particularly like the song... or the lyrics... however it is interesting. Anyone else saw this?
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I agree. And I appreciate folks like you who discover these things and share them with fellow fans.
    Lexi wrote:
    No, nor me... however, it is amazing to see people develop such 'professional' pieces....
    Lexi wrote:

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited August 2011
    Lexi wrote:

I liked the intro a lot (except for that Big band broadway sound), but the tune changed to a bit cheesy as soon as the singing started and the lyrics sound like a fan song tribute to Bond. I think the lyrics shouldn't openly describe the character and things he does on the job. You Know My Name and Another Way To Die (I am not into Another Way To Die, but I am going to refer to the lyrics) did a pretty good job of having words that were relatable to the personality of Bond, but weren't like a musical narration of his job.

It is an impressive effort in terms of quality, but it is low when it comes to fit as an official song.
    I agree. And I appreciate folks like you who discover these things and share them with fellow fans.

My pleasure... and it's also called a slow day at work.... and ANY information on the new movie... :))

Where were we before Google ;) :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

"The Property of a Lady" tune that you found is only a fan-made song. It has been up their for a couple years. It is not an official tune.
    First of all, the official title of Bond 23 has not been released yet. I do not expect an official public announcement of the new title until production on the film begins.
    After the new title is announced, then they will have something to work with.
    Shortly after the movie has completed filming in 2012, they will announce who the singer for the theme song will be. You are going to be hearing many rumors and many artists coming forward.
    While Bond 23 is filming, it may be Composer David Arnold that will sift through all the demos and with the producers approval decide which song and singer they like the best for this movie.
    Being the 50th Anniversary movie, maybe they already have something special planned.
    The site that you found for "The Property of A Lady" is only fan-made. The title of the movie has not been chosen yet. However, many fans are speculating the title could be "The Property of a Lady". Only the EON Producers know and its locked away in a vault for now.
    They didn't come up with "Quantum of Solace" until it got down to the wire.
    They definitely know a title by now. They aren't going to start slapping Bond 23 on all the crew shirts, actor trailers, chairs, etc. At this point they are probably just going to go for an official announcement when filming is going. Quantum of Solace was announced during filming...

Eh. I just really want to know.
    Lexi wrote:

"The Property of a Lady" tune that you found is only a fan-made song. It has been up their for a couple years. It is not an official tune.
    First of all, the official title of Bond 23 has not been released yet. I do not expect an official public announcement of the new title until production on the film begins.
    After the new title is announced, then they will have something to work with.
    Shortly after the movie has completed filming in 2012, they will announce who the singer for the theme song will be. You are going to be hearing many rumors and many artists coming forward.
    While Bond 23 is filming, it may be Composer David Arnold that will sift through all the demos and with the producers approval decide which song and singer they like the best for this movie.
    Being the 50th Anniversary movie, maybe they already have something special planned.
    The site that you found for "The Property of A Lady" is only fan-made. The title of the movie has not been chosen yet. However, many fans are speculating the title could be "The Property of a Lady". Only the EON Producers know and its locked away in a vault for now.
    They didn't come up with "Quantum of Solace" until it got down to the wire.

I didn't for a second think this was THE theme tune....just posted it as it was of interest.

I'm not that nieve... ;) :))
  • LancasterLancaster Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    I agree with Mr Beech......big anniversary so I personally think something tied into that.

I'll go for Tom Jones if they plump for "old school" and "Leona Lewis"! Unfortunately I can't base that on the level of research that some posters undertake (even though I too have slow days at work!), more a personal view.

Luckily, it does not really matter if I am wrong or if I am right.... :)
    "The distance between insanity and genius is merely success"
  • DFGTYODLTTMFOATLGTTDCQDFGTYODLTTMFOATLGTTDCQ Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    anything better than what they came up with before from the bottom of the barrel or we may leave the theater before the movie even gets underway :#

I'd rather have no sound at all
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    anything better than what they came up with before from the bottom of the barrel or we may leave the theater before the movie even gets underway :#

like your user name - it makes sense but is quite a mouthful. ;) Don't expect me to quote you by name. :D Welcome aboard BTW. -{
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent

like your user name - it makes sense but is quite a mouthful. ;) Don't expect me to quote you by name. :D Welcome aboard BTW. -{

Perhaps we should call him Alphabeth Soup? :))
    All of this talk about who should sing the theme brings to mind how much I really, really miss John Barry. For me, Barry's music was a crucial element of the Bond brand that I grew to love and look forward to. The Bond film experience just hasn't been the same since The Living Daylights (one of Barry's best scores in my opinion).
  • smudgedudesmudgedude Posts: 162MI6 Agent
    good call. john barry was definitely key.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Once again, history has usually shown that the theme song is one of the LAST things they work on (notable exception: Live and Let Die--but the title was known long before they started filming), so I'm skeptical of anyone who says she's working on a Bond song now.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    You know, I had a lightbulb moment: Bryan Ferry for a theme.

It ties in with Craig in his film, erm, Flashbacks of a Fool, and somehow would make Craig seem classier as Ferry is a Northern bit of rough made smooth. I think it would just fit.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Wossie is a big bond fan.....and moves in the circle.....

Think you're right.....

Wow....good choice I feel.... Though I was rooting for Duffy....

Btw nap....I like your thinking ......

Trouble with names like these is they become out of date every few years :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Once again, history has usually shown that the theme song is one of the LAST things they work on (notable exception: Live and Let Die--but the title was known long before they started filming), so I'm skeptical of anyone who says she's working on a Bond song now.

Usually I'm with you all the way HB....this time however...

It would just seem very silly to ask her to write a song for submission and not to use it....so I reckon they already have the title of the film....
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

It would just seem very silly to ask her to write a song for submission and not to use it....so I reckon they already have the title of the film....

But Sir Miles, nothing was said--just hints and giggles. And it sounds like Mr. Ross was the one doing all the assuming! I will, as always, reserve judgment. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

But Sir Miles, nothing was said--just hints and giggles. And it sounds like Mr. Ross was the one doing all the assuming! I will, as always, reserve judgment. . .

Could be ...just watching it now...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Could be ...just watching it now...

Yea...nothing concrete - big shock :))

She said she will record this song in November...would be a tad early I guess...but I'd be surprised if she doesn't...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

HB is right....which is why a) the songs are often cobbled together at the last minute :) and b) why he's wrong this time.....whinehouse/QoS taught them a lesson and now they will have the song written by the time the films in the can....

Hence the adele story fits perfectly.... -{
    ke02eww wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

HB is right....which is why a) the songs are often cobbled together at the last minute :) and b) why he's wrong this time.....whinehouse/QoS taught them a lesson and now they will have the song written by the time the films in the can....

Hence the adele story fits perfectly.... -{

It takes months to do the title graphics with all their fancy computer rendering these days, so they would need the song to get going on it with syncing up those. It isn't crazy to think they would be testing artists for the songs now.

I was rooting for Duffy, too, but Adele was up there as a top choice. I can't get Duffy's Live and Let Die out of my head though...
    A couple of things. . .first, no, it isn't impossible to think they're looking at singers now--and, frankly, since the last two title songs didn't have the films' titles in them, the songwriting team doesn't need to have a particular title in mind--but I don't believe in taking hints and rumors as fact. Second, as a typical middle-aged American, I hadn't heard of Adele, so I YouTube'd a couple of her videos. She's got a solid bluesy voice and could handle a Bond theme--so if she is indeed in the running for the film I won't complain. Until I hear the actual song. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy, your a fellow middle aged yank, I had no idea :D I have heard of Adele, but I am a musician so I am under contract to keep up with such things. I think she would be a strong choice :v
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I for one, cant stand Adele, so hope this is nothing more than PR false rumour. Though admittedly, Adele might provide something better than Jack White and Miss Keyes mess of a theme song, something even Michael Wilson commented on as being a mistake that was out of his hands due to Sony. Is Adele with Sony?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited September 2011
    I only hope if she is doing the theme song, she doesn't do her usual "sad Break up story" routine. :D
    I rather have something like this.
    http://youtu.be/F7KMMxAQp8I
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."