Who Would You Like to See Sing the Theme

12346»

Comments

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited September 2011
    I for one, cant stand Adele, so hope this is nothing more than PR false rumour. Though admittedly, Adele might provide something better than Jack White and Miss Keyes mess of a theme song, something even Michael Wilson commented on as being a mistake that was out of his hands due to Sony. Is Adele with Sony?

What do you have against her? She is one of the few popular artists who is famous for her talent instead of antics and outfits.

Never thought about her label, but she is represented by Columbia, which is a Sony label so yeah, she is technically in their music family.

I only hope if she is doing the theme song, she doesn't do her usual "sad Break up story" routine. :D
    I rather have something like this.
    http://youtu.be/F7KMMxAQp8I

My favorite Adele song, not a break up song. I like her sound a lot. A more intense step from her usual stuff would be totally Bond:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9Fzwuf43c&feature=artist
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    A couple of things. . .first, no, it isn't impossible to think they're looking at singers now--and, frankly, since the last two title songs didn't have the films' titles in them, the songwriting team doesn't need to have a particular title in mind--but I don't believe in taking hints and rumors as fact. Second, as a typical middle-aged American, I hadn't heard of Adele, so I YouTube'd a couple of her videos. She's got a solid bluesy voice and could handle a Bond theme--so if she is indeed in the running for the film I won't complain. Until I hear the actual song. . .

Adele has started to make it big in America right now...couple that with the fact that she is going off the scale in the UK and that would appear to give her the edge over most artists at this time...

I'm not a huge fan of hers...she has done some stunning songs though...I just can't see Eon not picking her this time...

...time will indeed tell.... -{
    YNWA 97
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Usually I'm with you all the way HB....this time however...

It would just seem very silly to ask her to write a song for submission and not to use it....so I reckon they already have the title of the film....

HB is right....which is why a) the songs are often cobbled together at the last minute :) and b) why he's wrong this time.....whinehouse/QoS taught them a lesson and now they will have the song written by the time the films in the can....

Hence the adele story fits perfectly.... -{

It takes months to do the title graphics with all their fancy computer rendering these days, so they would need the song to get going on it with syncing up those. It isn't crazy to think they would be testing artists for the songs now.

I was rooting for Duffy, too, but Adele was up there as a top choice. I can't get Duffy's Live and Let Die out of my head though...

Spot on mr beech... -{

Hail adele ..... :007)
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    She could pull it off but it has to be something along these lines only bigger and jazzier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsBObg-1BQ.

Coincidentally, my girlfriend just made me a CD of Adele songs because that's her favorite singer.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    She could pull it off but it has to be something along these lines only bigger and jazzier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlsBObg-1BQ.

Coincidentally, my girlfriend just made me a CD of Adele songs because that's her favorite singer.

Another one of her good ones ;)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Well I think she has the voice, the sound and is in vogue here - so great choice. -{

I love the track – Someone like you - hasn't everyone felt that way at some point? Who cannot like that voice.... :#

However, for Bond, it needs to be Bassey-esque (if that's allowed... of course ;) ) she's got the power and the conviction to pull it off - effortlessly :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    However, for Bond, it needs to be Bassey-esque (if that's allowed... of course ;) ) she's got the power and the conviction to pull it off - effortlessly :007)

Agree, but why settle for it being merely Bassey-esque when Bassey herself is still available, and has indicated that she would love to do another Bond theme?

Ok, by now I sound like a broken record. I guess I'll say no more on the matter.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:

Agree, but why settle for it being merely Bassey-esque when Bassey herself is still available, and has indicated that she would love to do another Bond theme?

Ok, by now I sound like a broken record. I guess I'll say no more on the matter.

No, that's fine...but Miss Bassey will have to come up with the theme tune herself....the other artists mentioned will probably pen it themselves (or use their writing teams)...and Eon will go for someone that can sell vast numbers of records...and I just don't see Shirley doing that - shame that it is...
    YNWA 97
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Agree!
    Lexi wrote:
    Well I think she has the voice, the sound and is in vogue here - so great choice. -{

I love the track – Someone like you - hasn't everyone felt that way at some point? Who cannot like that voice.... :#

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    well it seems to be true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1GNr-rLkg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:

She says no once, but it didn't sound like a real denial. I think she is in the running for sure.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Maybe Pitbull and Ke$sha could do a duet.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I take Adele for granted for Skyfall, but:

Have seen Joss Stone with Karma life on TV right now: WOW! WOW! WOW!
    Mickey and Babs: If you don't give her a chance for Bond 24, I'll never forgive you!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I take Adele for granted for Skyfall, but:

Have seen Joss Stone with Karma life on TV right now: WOW! WOW! WOW!
    Mickey and Babs: If you don't give her a chance for Bond 24, I'll never forgive you!

I worry that they wouldn't give it to Joss Stone since she got to be in on Blood Stone as a star and singer. Blood Stone was sort of touted as a film-like Bond game, even if it isn't a film. Just hope that doing a theme on that doesn't mean they would skip her doing another theme for a film.

I agree on her: Wow.
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Stereophonics, Oasis or Buble perhaps would be a good idea. -{
  • boothroyd13boothroyd13 Winchester, VAPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Wilde wrote:

I agree with the Michael Buble suggestion. This guy was MADE to sing a Bond title theme song...
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Wilde wrote:

I agree with the Michael Buble suggestion. This guy was MADE to sing a Bond title theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QnZ2oHJWLA - I think the intro to this song was made intentionally to grab the attention of the folks at EON.

-{
    Wilde wrote:
    Wilde wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QnZ2oHJWLA - I think the intro to this song was made intentionally to grab the attention of the folks at EON.

-{

I don't like his voice. He always sounds a bit boyish and like he has a cold or nasally vibration in his voice. I can't say he isn't good, but I personally can't stand his voice much (except in 30 Rock's "Mr. Templeton"). Plus there was that awkwardness when he cheated on Emily Blunt and got caught in pictures...

I'll take Adele, Duffy, or Joss Stone over him.