SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I'm looking forward to seeing Bond in the Wetherby model, with the forward-pleat trousers (incorrectly called "reverse double pleat" on the Tom Ford website). We haven't seen those traditional pleated trousers since The Living Daylights.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:
    Thought most car kits were wireless ?
    The way it's tucked into his suit it's almost "covert" and it was connected to a hidden transmitter ..
    Just a thought

Nearly all phones come with a wired handsfree headset in the box. The bulky part is the microphone which, for whatever reason, he has decided to wear away from his mouth.
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    SKYFALL TRUNKS?

A guy over at the James Bond lifestyle forum thinks the Skyfall swimming trunks maybe the Orlebar Brown Setter Shorts in sky blue (based on 1950s classic design)

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/setter/

What you guys think?? I guess they could still be a Tom Ford copy of this style. Maybe a rep at Orlebar Brown might confirm if they provided them to DC?

Was just looking these up last week! Certainly a possibility. No way could I pull that look off.
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    009516005_2_1.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Nearly all phones come with a wired handsfree headset in the box. The bulky part is the microphone which, for whatever reason, he has decided to wear away from his mouth.

Nah, the bulky part is the coiled wire leading to the earpiece. There is no microphone attached to that bit of the earpiece which means that the earpiece is part of a radio system. The microphone os more than likely attached to his collar or cuff.

And it looks like a Motorola to me.
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    so which suit is this one? I think it looks great. (Photo courtesy of Dedicated to Daniel)
    skjb.jpg

Is this an on set pic? The tie looks... cheap.

Amazing what you can tell from a photo :o

I suspect it isn't cheap at all...

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • Double-0-7Double-0-7 Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:
    The way it's tucked into his suit it's almost "covert" and it was connected to a hidden transmitter ..
    Just a thought

So 6 years ago in CR he had a nifty little wireless earpiece and in this brave new future Bond has to live with a giant black bug attached to his ear with wires running into his suit?

The SIS must have suffered a terrible budgeting setback!
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Double-0-7 wrote:
    jon_1uk wrote:
    Just a thought

So 6 years ago in CR he had a nifty little wireless earpiece and in this brave new future Bond has to live with a giant black bug attached to his ear with wires running into his suit?

The SIS must have suffered a terrible budgeting setback!
    :))

Maybe he is supposed to be moving quick in this scene and he needs to keep up the intel without holding up his phone, so he snatches the earpiece off a vendor, plugs it into his phone, and swiftly continues after the POI with phone now tucked in his clothes as MI6 keeps on the line.

Or there was some clunky decision to have that big ear piece.
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I just assumed he was working some kind of secret service detail.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    :) very nice...what is the golden tube? and where can i get the poppy flower?

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    :) very nice...what is the golden tube? and where can i get the poppy flower?

-{

The VFW sells poppy flowers every year around May in the US.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, the basic lapel poppy is what you want...
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just messing around this morning...this will NOT be the final display...but fun to start to sort out a collection of pieces from the new movie!

IMAG1808_1.jpg

don't mean to ruin the party, but wasn't the display of the gun logo on unauthorized items here kind of problematic?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Poppy's are sold here in the uk in the run up to the 11th November for a donation in many locations to mark armistice day
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just messing around this morning...this will NOT be the final display...but fun to start to sort out a collection of pieces from the new movie!

IMAG1808_1.jpg

don't mean to ruin the party, but wasn't the display of the gun logo on unauthorized items here kind of problematic?

Seems that rules don't apply on all members :p :v
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    No worries, Bondtoys...you are not ruining the party at all. And I deleted my post to show that no one is beyond the rules. :)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Was you a course mate of col. moon's Dave?

(gentle leg pulling :P)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Some days I feel like it. :))
    The Mantis wrote:
    No worries, Bondtoys...you are not ruining the party at all. And I deleted my post to show that no one is beyond the rules. :)

Good to see a mod on here that admits his mistakes and rectifies them :)

Respect to Dave! {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    No worries, Bondtoys...you are not ruining the party at all.

Thanks, DZ, nobody here may know :D , but I am usually very good at ruining parties {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    Craig looks like a Thunderbirds puppet!

Don't use my name in vain! :s

As to the suit, I don't like it. The material pattern and cut remind me of David Tennant's primary suit while he was Dr Who! Turn ups can work on trousers, but not if the leg is so narrow. (The 1930's and 1980's/90's styles both spring to mind as working examples) However, the shirt, tie and shoes do look very good.

The earpiece looks virtually identical to freebe earpieces I got with a pair of commercial walkie - talkies a few years ago. I agree the bunched bit is prob just part of the wire and not the mike.

Re the use of the remembrance poppy, I think is the best way to answer that, to that is here at good old Wiki...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_Appeal
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Holden wrote:
    Craig looks like a Thunderbirds puppet!

Don't use my name in vain! :s

As to the suit, I don't like it. The material pattern and cut remind me of David Tennant's primary suit while he was Dr Who! Turn ups can work on trousers, but not if the leg is so narrow. (The 1930's and 1980's/90's styles both spring to mind as working examples) However, the shirt, tie and shoes do look very good.

The earpiece looks virtually identical to freebe earpieces I got with a pair of commercial walkie - talkies a few years ago. I agree the bunched bit is prob just part of the wire and not the mike.

Re the use of the remembrance poppy, I think is the best way to answer that, to that is here at good old Wiki...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_Appeal

I like the suit and the shoes but I hate the fact his trousers are too short and the shirt looks vile :))

Not sure about the tie - hard to see from the pic.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    nms75 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Good to see a mod on here that admits his mistakes and rectifies them :)

Respect to Dave! {[]

Let's face it we're all feeling our way on this thorny subject - look at sopa and congress....

So we should all applaud mantis's speedy response and move on.. {[]
    My reply is best put in song: http://khu.sh/usersong_4f1c7cef09f7c
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    LMFAO, i had the same thought then :)) :)) :)) :D
    wow
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    sorry Dave, it must have been your singing :))
    My bad for trying to keep up with your humor.