SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    Indy Magnoli should start working on this now so we can have the suit right after the premier.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    thats great news, i loved Firths suits in a single man
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the info! :)
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Cool! I'm excited about the ties myself
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    The wetherby?

http://www.poyahoho.com/search/tom+ford+wetherby+cocktail+jacket

I guess it could be his tuxedo.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Oh dear God no!! Anyone wearing a double breasted tuxedo jacket should be taken outside and shot!
    The wetherby?

http://www.poyahoho.com/search/tom+ford+wetherby+cocktail+jacket

I guess it could be his tuxedo.

I hope not! Check out the Tom Ford website. Sounds like the "Wetherby" is the name for many of the suits in the 2012 Spring line. If you click on each model, it gives a description.

http://www.tomford.com/#/en/menswear/spring/summer-2012?styleNumber=8

www_tomford.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Wonder what the ties will be like this time. Current ones are very flambuyoant!!

Think ties will be first on my hitlist considering I never managed to get hold of a single QoS one!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for the news, Mantis! Please keep us posted as you find out more info!

Interesting that the new suits will have slim lapels when one of Tom Ford's trademarks is super-wide lapels. It almost seems like a throwback to Connery's Bond & the 1960's style. I'm really curious to see the rest of the wardrobe, although I must admit that so far I'm liking the QoS style more (although the Skyfall overcoat looks great).

EDIT: I'm also curious to see if the QoS ticket pockets (another TF trademark) will return on the suits/overcoats, as they seem to be absent so far. Personally, I find them rather dashing.
    Just curious... Did the Tom Ford suits in QOS ever have a product/model name?
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    BIG NEWS EVERYONE: In NYC yesterday at Tom Ford and spoke to representatives there that were coming from an internal meeting which partly discussed the Bond film. They announced to me that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFAll is the Falconer and the Wetherby. The Falconer is a VERY slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man. Very thin lapels etc...I tried on the suit and was able to capture some pix:

IMAG1754.jpg

IMAG1755.jpg

IMAG1756.jpg

In addition we have been assured ties, knits, accessories etc will be reaveled as soon as they are able. They also let on that Craig was wearing a Tom Ford suit and jacket in the pics where we were told he wasn't. In fact it was the grey Falconer....the TF rep who had seen the pic did not recognize the cut of the suit under the coat and the coat is a new release item....MORE TO COME!

Very good, and seems to be comfortable, the dress that will show us one of those used in India, because as we are appropriate fine for London
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Ticket pocket was on the Falconer, just hard to see...
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Not sure about the suit yet, seems less masculine than in QoS. We'll see.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ticket pocket was on the Falconer, just hard to see...

Ah, I see it now. Hiding in plain sight, LOL!

drum007, I believe that the suits in QoS were the "Regency" model, although Mantis would probably know for sure.
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    I quite like the suit but the test is obviously seeing it being worn.

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    EDIT: I'm also curious to see if the QoS ticket pockets (another TF trademark) will return on the suits/overcoats, as they seem to be absent so far. Personally, I find them rather dashing.

The TF trademark I'm anxious to see return to these suits is the side tab adjusters on the pants. I love those! Gives a really clean, simple look to the pants.
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    Mantis,

How many of each suit style have you ordered?
    Mantis,

How many of each suit style have you ordered?

And can we see you modelling them? ;%
    Bought the Regency model "Basic Base B" only, which can be seen as the suit Bond wears to the Greene party and for most of the remainder of the film....in blue, as it was in the movie....and nms75, I would think you and others would be sick of pictures of me, but there are plenty posted in the TF thread... :)
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Bought the Regency model "Basic Base B" only, which can be seen as the suit Bond wears to the Greene party and for most of the remainder of the film....in blue, as it was in the movie....and nms75, I would think you and others would be sick of pictures of me, but there are plenty posted in the TF thread... :)

Never! We always welcome your fantastic modeling! :D

It helps!
    The Mantis wrote:

As long as you aren't wearing those Nike trainers! :o
    nms75 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Wear them with the suit :p
    nms75 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Wear them with the suit :p

Could start a new trend - maybe DC will copy Mantis? ;%
    Because I am a glutton for punishment....

Tomand_David.jpg

tomanddavid2.jpg

IMAG1186.jpg

IMAG1187.jpg

And this one is just for NMS75......

trainers.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:

trainers.jpg

Aww shucks ;%
    nms75 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

trainers.jpg

Aww shucks ;%

Krusty the Clown? :s
    Sorry Dave, couldn't resist this one... :))

512q26EIkhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    My birthday is January 30th...and all I want is a Mantis the Clown doll like that!
    The Mantis wrote:
    My birthday is January 30th...and all I want is a Mantis the Clown doll like that!

With TF suit and Nike trainers of course! :v
  • SouthernBondSouthernBond Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    How wide are the lapels on that? Is it 2 button?
    How about the lapels on the Falconer? Does it have side vents?

The Mantis wrote:

Tomand_David.jpg

tomanddavid2.jpg

IMAG1186.jpg

IMAG1187.jpg

trainers.jpg