SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Rolled cuffs are every where these days - I hope you guys are not in for too much of a shock if he appears on screen like this?!

NMS :o
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    nms75 wrote:
    Rolled cuffs are every where these days - I hope you guys are not in for too much of a shock if he appears on screen like this?!

It isn't even the rolled cuffs that get me, it is that they are rolled to a point that makes them reveal his ankles. I don't mind it if it is done in a crisp and well-presented manner, like this image of Craig for example: http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/craig4.jpg

But it has to look like he fits the pants.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    nms75 wrote:

It isn't even the rolled cuffs that get me, it is that they are rolled to a point that makes them reveal his ankles. I don't mind it if it is done in a crisp and well-presented manner, like this image of Craig for example: http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/craig4.jpg

Ah, you mean turn ups!

Yes, they certainly are, "everywhere" - particularly on short-arse men.

Oh, and on those who want to look "hard" with the skinhead association of turned up jeans last time they were popular.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Turn ups have been in for at least two years in London. Floods have been gaining popularity over the last year.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Seen a fair few pics of DC from the last few years out shopping etc and he indeed can look damn scruffy when he wants to be and I'm sure has turned up jeans etc :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
    Hold on,we need to think about why he is warring a Madagascar type shirt, desert boots and light jeans sporting facial moss in London. Totally out of caracter. Therefore surely we should ask what would the scene before have been? Has Bond been flown in off sebatical or been lifted out of harms way in a rush from a place where this sort of attire would be acceptable?
    Of course you are
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    DC cuffs his skinny jeans. I'm not sure why, maybe it makes him look less like a hipster?

As to the rolled trousers, I can't say much. I think it's a cool look, but I would never have guessed it would be for Bond. Although I should say, I thought the white jeans in QoS were a bit much at first, and now I have several pair myself. So I'll probably be rolling my chinos come Spring.

This may be just me, but what bothers me about this look isn't the beard, the rolled trousers, or not wearing socks with the desert boots (Actually, I think he'd look rediculous if he WAS wearing socks). What bothers me is that his shirt isn't ironed. It looks like he pulled it out of a pile of clothes that's been sitting in his hamper for a week or so.

You'd think a man that apparently spends the vast majority of his paycheck on clothes would know how to take care of them.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Agreed on some points in the last few posts. But I thought cuffs weren't meant for short people, because they can make your legs look shorter?

And yeah socks with the rolled up look would be even goofier. Part of the problem is that the high tops make you roll your pants up even further into Capri country. :#
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    nms75 wrote:

Ah, you mean turn ups!

Yes, they certainly are, "everywhere" - particularly on short-arse men.

Oh, and on those who want to look "hard" with the skinhead association of turned up jeans last time they were popular.

Not exclusively talking about turn ups, as some choose to do multiple folds on many different types of pants, aka rolled up. Either way can work on a long enough pant, it just has to look planned and fitting for the look.

And I agree that socks under the rolled up pants would be horrible too, thus, he just shouldn't roll them up.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    His ankles, hell more like calfs, are only showing as he's getting down from the truck. The pic of him walking away from behind show his pant legs hitting the tops of his boots with no skin showing. They probably just get hiked up like that from a seated position.
    Yes turn-ups seem to be in, even gone down that route myself several times but not often. Not just short men but average or even above average height men do it too.

NMS
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
    nms75 wrote:
    Yes turn-ups seem to be in, even gone down that route myself several times but not often. Not just short men but average or even above average height men do it too.

NMS

All yours mate, I think you are on you're own though. Correction, at least you have one friend to support you, and afterall, he is Bond.
    Of course you are
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    007DAN wrote:
    nms75 wrote:

NMS

All yours mate, I think you are on you're own though. Correction, at least you have one friend to support you, and afterall, he is Bond.

Craigy quite clearly is heavily influenced by what is "fashionable". Which may, or may not, be commendable in a 43 year old bloke.

But this turned up jeans and heavy brogue "bovver" boots just look is ridiculous. Middle aged trendy meets 70s'/80s skinhead hardcase mashup. ?:)

Just hope its not for Bond, IMO. We will see... :(
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Craig's shoes or boots look alot like Clarks, and not the Ryder III's.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Craig's shoes or boots look alot like Clarks, and not the Ryder III's.

Because of the "shaved" heel I don't think they are the Clarks Originals, to me they look a lot like the Clarks Desert Greens.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2602004/daniel-craig-skyfall-trafalgar-square-03/

Love the coat.

Saw a young man in a peacoat this afternoon, but it was double-breasted. I absolutely prefer single-breasted. Maybe a charcoal gray or navy coat. What do you think?
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Give him a Duke of York or Prince of Wales collar, a standard tie and fitted trousers. Then they'd have a great look, in my opinion.

Regards,
    Wilde -{
    Wilde wrote:
    Give him a Duke of York or Prince of Wales collar, a standard tie and fitted trousers. Then they'd have a great look, in my opinion.

Regards,
    Wilde -{

Not a fan of the skinny tie or the collar, either.
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    jz007 wrote:
    Wilde wrote:

Regards,
    Wilde -{

Not a fan of the skinny tie or the collar, either.

It's not something I detest, it's just not Bond. They need to remember to strike a balance between trend and personality.
    I must admit I am not a fan or skinny ties nor that type of collar either. That said I do like the narrow knitted ties of Connery's era and I tend to swap between cutaway and mid-cut collars on my shirt to vary my look.

NMS
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    I'd like to know why Sonia from Eastenders is following Bond around :s
    I'd like to know why Sonia from Eastenders is following Bond around :s

:)) :))
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Might be obvious, but Im pretty sure they are Tom Ford shoes with the dainite style sole.

Or I could be completely wrong and they are http://www.harrods.com/product/churchs/sawley-black-leather-shoe/000000000002246701?cat1=shoes&cat2=shoes-for-him-view-all
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    I'd be curious to know, because the shoes look great.

I'm not a fan of the look, on Bond, or on anyone. Love the clothes, just not the way the tie and shirt are presented.

Craig's hairline is receding like mine. I have grays in my day-old beard, too... and I just turned 34. :(
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    And trousers?

Anybody is thinking that trousers are very short?

I don't like this.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Might be obvious, but Im pretty sure they are Tom Ford shoes with the dainite style sole.

Or I could be completely wrong and they are http://www.harrods.com/product/churchs/sawley-black-leather-shoe/000000000002246701?cat1=shoes&cat2=shoes-for-him-view-all

Looks like black soles to me on the pics via Dailymail which I guess rules out the Church Sawleys
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    The shoes are probably these, Crockett & Jones 'Highbury'.

DC used to wear Crockett & Jones boots with his casual wear quite often.

http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/derbyshoes-highb.html
  • dak212usdak212us CaliforniaPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    I like them experimenting with a thinner tie. Notice, it is not a skinny tie it is just slimmer. With suit lapels becoming thinner, it only makes sense to have ties that are in proportion.

I know we want them to be fashion forward and not trendy but I trust Tom Ford. I hope no one misses having pleats on their pants. Pleats gave us men's version of mom jeans.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    The shoes are probably these, Crockett & Jones 'Highbury'.

DC used to wear Crockett & Jones boots with his casual wear quite often.

http://www.crockettandjones.co.uk/derbyshoes-highb.html
    Probably the right call. They all have that slightly square toe end, and are good choice in their own right.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    Seamast wrote:
    And trousers?

Anybody is thinking that trousers are very short?

I don't like this.

Yes too short, needs another inch on them. Have you noticed they are turn up's.