SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    The JamesBondBrasil site photos seem to show something along the lines of a breast pocket flap (just visible under the edge of the jacket).
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    It's impossible Bond appears in the movie with this clothes. The pants don't fit good and they are very short. The chukas are awfull and the shirt is innapropiate for James Bond. I'm thinking this should be a mistake. :o :o :o :o
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    You guys get excited very easily :))

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    The pants aren't short, they are rolled. Take a look over at GQ's site for examples. This is in style, and looks very good, same with the sock-less desert boots/Chukkas. The designer is dressing Bond in today's "fashion trending" appropriate attire. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, but the clothes of the past won't return, because those clothes were styled for the time. I personally think that Bond in QoS was the best dressed Bond in the last 10 years! Everything was tailored properly, in season for fashion and with the current trends in men's fashion. I'm very excited to see what clothing is chosen for this film, as I'm sure it will be great.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Something tells me This is going to be a very long 12 months.... 8-)
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Hmm, rolled trousers are fine, but in a cold and miserable autumn London. Not so sure.
    Are you sure that the pants are rolled?

TheExit148 wrote:
    The pants aren't short, they are rolled. Take a look over at GQ's site for examples. This is in style, and looks very good, same with the sock-less desert boots/Chukkas. The designer is dressing Bond in today's "fashion trending" appropriate attire. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, but the clothes of the past won't return, because those clothes were styled for the time. I personally think that Bond in QoS was the best dressed Bond in the last 10 years! Everything was tailored properly, in season for fashion and with the current trends in men's fashion. I'm very excited to see what clothing is chosen for this film, as I'm sure it will be great.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    Don't forget what The Mantis said in his Meeting Tom Ford Thread: "TF may be designing pieces specifically for the film that would not be available until fall of next year." The tease...
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    "Ford locked horns with costume designer Jany Temime, best known for the Harry Potter films (although she incurred the wrath of Alexander McQueen for allegedly copying one of the house's designs ), to draw up a slick wardrobe of made-to-measure suits, shirts, knitwear, ties and sunglasses. All were handmade in Italy.
    "I couldn't be happier to be dressing Daniel Craig again," says Ford. "James Bond epitomises the Tom Ford main in his elegance, style and love of luxury. I am thrilled to move forward with this iconic character."
    In tribute to his appointment, Craig stepped out yesterday in one of Ford's suits to announce the production of film, which is being directed by Sam Mendes and due out next October."

Shirts, knitwear, ties and sunglasses...so it would appear more than suits based on the above info. But I would be surprised if the clothing for the above scenes were TF..looks more like his undercover or vacation wear....
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    "Ford locked horns with costume designer Jany Temime, best known for the Harry Potter films (although she incurred the wrath of Alexander McQueen for allegedly copying one of the house's designs ), to draw up a slick wardrobe of made-to-measure suits, shirts, knitwear, ties and sunglasses. All were handmade in Italy.
    "I couldn't be happier to be dressing Daniel Craig again," says Ford. "James Bond epitomises the Tom Ford main in his elegance, style and love of luxury. I am thrilled to move forward with this iconic character."
    In tribute to his appointment, Craig stepped out yesterday in one of Ford's suits to announce the production of film, which is being directed by Sam Mendes and due out next October."

Shirts, knitwear, ties and sunglasses...so it would appear more than suits based on the above info. But I would be surprised if the clothing for the above scenes were TF..looks more like his undercover or vacation wear....

Sunglasses...hopefully, these will be within quite a lot of people's reach.
    Would love a TF suit but will continue with the BB replicas...maybe the lottery will fix that!
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    ics wrote:
    Ado4D5iCMAAMGwn.jpg:large
    Another bathroom scene? :))
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    ics wrote:
    Ado4D5iCMAAMGwn.jpg:large
    Another bathroom scene? :))

Yup. But this is Mendes take on a socially realistic James Bond. This time he USES the bathroom. :))
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent

Yup. But this is Mendes take on a socially realistic James Bond. This time he USES the bathroom. :))
    The ankle shot will help with those wanting to get to get the right underwear. Should be able to see the label. :s
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Lol looks like they pulled Bond out of bed in his pajamas and he threw a jacket and boots on.

Does not want.
  • jbholstersjbholsters Posts: 179MI6 Agent
    yeah, looks to me those pant legs are rolled up.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited November 2011
    The Mantis wrote:

*jawdrop* As some of you may recall, I LOVED her styling for the last two Harry Potter films! I thought she picked great fusions of classic clothing that showed style and function. And now she is working with my favorite style-world, that is, Craig's Bond. This is heavenly.

http://blog.newsok.com/nerdage/files/2010/11/2010_harry_potter_Deathly_hallows_pt_1.jpg

http://gogirlcafe.jennyo.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/hp7.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6kpnU8YroK4/Th58uJGpCDI/AAAAAAAAAIU/l9w1SUK9LkI/s1600/deathly+hallows+ministry+of+magic.jpg

I think she really understood the On-the-road style of the movie and blended it with a bit of classics and England appropriate clothes. Hope she catches SkyFall's nature as well as she did The Deathly Hallows.
    TheExit148 wrote:

I don't personally think that wearing no socks under pants/jeans is a good look at all. No one is that into seeing men's ankles.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    jz007 wrote:

Why would you do that!? Now more people in the world are going to think it is okay to show your ankles under your pants! :))
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Some things just aren't for everyone. Cutting edge style or not rolling up your pants with no socks like that is a no go for me. I hate to go all "Bond wouldn't do that" but Bond shouldn't do that. I'd be willing to bet we never see Bond below the waist wearing that outfit.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    77007 wrote:
    Some things just aren't for everyone. Cutting edge style or not rolling up your pants with no socks like that is a no go for me. I hate to go all "Bond wouldn't do that" but Bond shouldn't do that. I'd be willing to bet we never see Bond below the waist wearing that outfit.

I think your right!! Either that or this was a quick rehearsal
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • mediapigmediapig Los AngelesPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    It looks like there is water on the floor of the set... isn't it possible Craig just rolled up the pants so they wouldn't get wet during rehearsals?
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    jz007 wrote:

Why would you do that!? Now more people in the world are going to think it is okay to show your ankles under your pants! :))

Definitely not for me. :P
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    77007 wrote:

I think your right!! Either that or this was a quick rehearsal

I hope it was a rehearsal.
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • jz007jz007 Posts: 362MI6 Agent
    I don't like the rolled cuffs, either. I was just showing the pant. I do not expect to see this in the movie, and I think we'll all have a good laugh about this next year...
    jz007
    Bond on a Budget
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    It's certainly not a look for me :-) One I will NOT be trying to replicate in any way, shape or form.

It's like catching the filming of Goldfinger - during the post credit pool scene "Blue Towelling Playsuit" disaster:

http://clothesonfilm.com/goldfinger-sean-connery-in-a-towelling-playsuit/20021/

One set of clothes (look) to leave well alone...
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    I agree with you. I'm sure this scene won't appear in the movie. James Bond is an elegant character, and we see his films now and some years later. He can't wear a look that some years later will be ridiculous.

jz007 wrote:
    I don't like the rolled cuffs, either. I was just showing the pant. I do not expect to see this in the movie, and I think we'll all have a good laugh about this next year...
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Any ideas on the jacket yet, or did I miss that?
    Sorry I only skim read the thread!
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Seamast wrote:
    I agree with you. I'm sure this scene won't appear in the movie. James Bond is an elegant character, and we see his films now and some years later. He can't wear a look that some years later will be ridiculous.

jz007 wrote:

I cite most of the Roger Moore movies as evidence to the contrary.
    Of course... Roger Moore, Dalton and Connery moovies. But Since Brosnan started in Goldeneye I can't remember a ridiculous look.

Seamast wrote:

jz007 wrote:

I cite most of the Roger Moore movies as evidence to the contrary.